Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei P20/P20 Pro

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭ForestFire

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭micks_address

Patww79 wrote: »
    No I just hadn't seen any video ones where I'd normally look but maybe there wasn't an embargo (could be a US thing and this isn't being released there) or maybe it's lifted already.

Now to make my way through those above, cheers.

So three are telling me now that headphones still available.. M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Patww79 wrote: »
    No I just hadn't seen any video ones where I'd normally look but maybe there wasn't an embargo (could be a US thing and this isn't being released there) or maybe it's lifted already.

Now to make my way through those above, cheers.
    Mrwhosetheboss has one up on YouTube, went up yesterday I think. He has been using it since before the revel..

https://youtu.be/c3jZIVNmGlQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

This review kind of puts me off of the p20 pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3jZIVNmGlQ&t=486s

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

ldr wrote: »
    This review kind of puts me off of the p20 pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3jZIVNmGlQ&t=486s

He seems to be underwhelmed by the display and it's definitely not as sharp as the S9 but the display should be very similar to the mate10 pro which was widely praised.

That reviewer did give it 88/100 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

Will the Bose headphones be sent out with the phones on Friday or do we claim them through Huawei?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

The screen won't be as good as the S9+. The P20 pro is only a fullhd+ not a UHD display.

Stacksey wrote: »
    Will the Bose headphones be sent out with the phones on Friday or do we claim them through Huawei?

IF you ordered on Vodafone or Eir, then the headphones should be delivered with the phone. If you ordered with three, I believe that they will be delivered within 30 days

• Advertisement

Android Authority P20 pro review

I'm surprised to see that it tested brighter than the S9 / S9+

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Im confused does the lad in that last video like the phone or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Blut2

https://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_1020_vs_huawei_p20_pro_blind_shootout-review-1745.php

This is interesting. Even 5 years after the Lumia 1020's release we're just starting to surpass it with the P20 Pro now.

Hopefully the P20 Pro is a big success and we get a new camera 'arms race' between other manufacturers out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Hi all, I haven't read through the 13 or so pages of posts, but I'm considering the P20 "Lite" for 299.99.

Is that the same as the "P20" ?

I'm not a power user or anything, just looking for a decent phone that I can pickup in a B&M.
    So Three have the P20 Lite for 299.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

cheers, looks decent enough to me?

Anything stand out as lacking in it (for the price I mean)?

did someone mention the p20 pro comes with a case in the box?

Also, I'm walking into a vodafone or 3 shop on friday and buying a phone ... am i still in line for the headphones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

Also, I'm walking into a vodafone or 3 shop on friday and buying a phone ... am i still in line for the headphones?

Someone did mention it I think.

I'd say you'll be lucky to get the headphones. I'm sure they were pre-order only and there didn't seem to be that much stock of them.

Someone did mention it I think.

I'd say you'll be lucky to get the headphones. I'm sure they were pre-order only and there didn't seem to be that much stock of them.

Three have messaged me on boards saying my pre order will ship Friday and I qualify for headphones.. I'm skeptical of both.. Got an email yesterday saying phone was out of stock

• Advertisement

You need to pre-order online or via telesales (three only) in order to qualify for the headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

yes just search 'bock'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

I'm going with misinformation from disingenuous social media "morketing" consultant types, thinking it will encourage impulse buying ad a buzz whereas in reality it comes across (incorrectly) more as a bait and switch programme
    Three have messaged me on boards saying my pre order will ship Friday and I qualify for headphones.. I'm skeptical of both.. Got an email yesterday saying phone was out of stock

I was in Henry Street today, so I had a look in all three operators shops, Voda have no phones on display, It was busy so I didn't ask when they would. Eir have both on display.. In the three Shop, they seem to have the P20 only at the moment. According to one of their sales Guys, they will have the Pro in stock on the 13th Prepay price is €759.

I had a look at the settings on the p20 in the Eir store, when you go into carrier it lists two sims, I wonder why that is?.

I was in Henry Street today, so I had a look in all three operators shops, Voda have no phones on display, It was busy so I didn't ask when they would. Eir have both on display.. In the three Shop, they seem to have the P20 only at the moment. According to one of their sales Guys, they will have the Pro in stock on the 13th Prepay price is €759.

I had a look at the settings on the p20 in the Eir store, when you go into carrier it lists two sims, I wonder why that is?.

Some of the reviews I've read say the pro is dual sim? Also seen some say it supports HD Netflix streaming others only sd..

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Quick one, I am currently on a 24 month all in deal with Eir (phone, broadband, TV etc) but not due an upgrade until the 10th of May. Mightily impressed with the initial reviews of the p20 Pro so really want to get it. Thing is, anybody have any experience with receiving an upgrade earlier than expected? Really want to avail of the head phone offer as well. Since tomorrow is the last day of getting headphones hoping to get it sorted tomorrow. Case of ringing the loyalty team? 

Was thinking of getting rid of everything and just keeping the Broadband for the free sports package but this might just tempt me to stay with them for another 2 years.

This is my most conflicted purchase that I can remember ...

I'm flipflopping back and forth from the p20 pro to the s9+ and back ...

my head hursts from trying to make up my mind and my stomach is in nots everytime I think I have a decision ...

The sales rep is gonna hate me when I go in to buy ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I am the exact same. I'm assuming by "ship" they mean we will be receiving the phone to the front door on Friday? Or am I being a bit presumptuous?

I also received that email, but it does say to ignore it if this is pre-order.

This is my most conflicted purchase that I can remember ...

I'm flipflopping back and forth from the p20 pro to the s9+ and back ...

my head hursts from trying to make up my mind and my stomach is in nots everytime I think I have a decision ...

The sales rep is gonna hate me when I go in to buy ...

What's stopped you from making a decision so far?

Maybe list the top 5 most important things you want in a phone and go with the one that comes closest?

tbayers wrote: »
    Quick one, I am currently on a 24 month all in deal with Eir (phone, broadband, TV etc) but not due an upgrade until the 10th of May. Mightily impressed with the initial reviews of the p20 Pro so really want to get it. Thing is, anybody have any experience with receiving an upgrade earlier than expected? Really want to avail of the head phone offer as well. Since tomorrow is the last day of getting headphones hoping to get it sorted tomorrow. Case of ringing the loyalty team? 

Was thinking of getting rid of everything and just keeping the Broadband for the free sports package but this might just tempt me to stay with them for another 2 years.

Ring loyalty and ask them to get you added to an early upgrade given that you are a loyal customer and are already on one of their bundles.

If they set you up on the system, you should be able to pre-order online in order to qualify for the headphones too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Ring loyalty and ask them to get you added to an early upgrade given that you are a loyal customer and are already on one of their bundles.

If they set you up on the system, you should be able to pre-order online in order to qualify for the headphones too.

Have you actually tried to deal with eir ,
    Telesales and online sales are two separate divisions and notorious to deal with

Advertisement