Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei P20/P20 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭micks_address

Gatling wrote: »
    I believe the offer was while stocks last ,
    You Might have to wait and see.

Actually see here

Bose Headphones T&C's:

1. To be eligible to avail of the Offer you must be a new or upgrading Three customer who preorders on three.ie or via telesales (and have your preorder accepted by Three) a Huawei P20 Pro (“Eligible Preorder”). Customers with the first 120 Eligible Preorders strictly from 9am on Tuesday 3rd April 2018 shall each receive a pair of Bose headphones (RRP €379.95)

2. For Eligible Preorders Bose headphones will be received by customers separately from device within 30 days.

3. In the event that you are permitted to return your device under applicable legal or regulatory provisions, you agree to return the Bose headphones to Three with your device. Where the Bose Headphones experiences any damage or wear and tear beyond a reasonable degree, you agree to reimburse Three for the cost of the Bose Headphones.

Thanks I might phone three later and see if they can tell me if i qualify for headphones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Gatling wrote: »
    I believe the offer was while stocks last ,
    You Might have to wait and see.

Actually see here

Bose Headphones T&C's:

1. To be eligible to avail of the Offer you must be a new or upgrading Three customer who preorders on three.ie or via telesales (and have your preorder accepted by Three) a Huawei P20 Pro (“Eligible Preorder”). Customers with the first 120 Eligible Preorders strictly from 9am on Tuesday 3rd April 2018 shall each receive a pair of Bose headphones (RRP €379.95)

2. For Eligible Preorders Bose headphones will be received by customers separately from device within 30 days.

3. In the event that you are permitted to return your device under applicable legal or regulatory provisions, you agree to return the Bose headphones to Three with your device. Where the Bose Headphones experiences any damage or wear and tear beyond a reasonable degree, you agree to reimburse Three for the cost of the Bose Headphones.

Thanks I might phone three later and see if they can tell me if i qualify for headphones

Keep us posted please. I'm out of country til Tuesday hoping offer still on when I return. I tried to order online and had an issue, the guy on three chat told me to go to a store

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Keep us posted please. I'm out of country til Tuesday hoping offer still on when I return. I tried to order online and had an issue, the guy on three chat told me to go to a store

Just on with chat cancelling my order as they say offer has expired

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Just on with chat cancelling my order as they say offer has expired

Should be still on with eir according to the website ;

https://www.eir.ie/store/mobile/phones/bill-pay/huawei-p20-pro/

Should be still on with eir according to the website ;

https://www.eir.ie/store/mobile/phones/bill-pay/huawei-p20-pro/

Bill pay more expensive was looking at 45 euro a month with three

• Advertisement

Bill pay more expensive was looking at 45 euro a month with three

Yeah it's €449 on Eir vs €369 on three at €45 pm. But if you want the headphones then it's still a good option I'd reckon.

Yeah it's €449 on Eir vs €369 on three at €45 pm. But if you want the headphones then it's still a good option I'd reckon.

When I phone to cancel order with three Monday morning I'll see can I get the phones.. Otherwise I'll cancel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Just had my hands on a p20 pro in a shop here in the south of France (thinly veiled I know)... It was side by side with the s9plus... The Huawei actually felt more comfortable. Edges are less pronounced... I think I've gone back to liking the p20 pro...

Anyone have theirs yet... Any coverage issues?

Patww79 wrote: »
    Have any of you considered keeping your phone and just buying the headphones? They're around €400 aren't they?

I don't really want the headphones so if I got them along with the phone might end up selling them and my existing phone to raise some cash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I tested the P20 lite and the P20 plus few days ago in mediamarket Spain. I currently use a Oneplus 3T which I love but I'm a photography buff. I really liked the P20 Plus was very impressed. I'd miss the dual Sims though :)

Patww79 wrote: »

My current phone is 3.5 years old (z3) and the offer of the headphones is what swayed me in the end as I was looking to get some wireless noise cancelling headphones soon too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Trying to decide between the p20 Pro, mate 10 pro or the LG v30..

The v30 looks great and has great specs, especially the quad DAC. Apparently, there are issues with the screen however according to some reviews.

I've pre-ordered the P20 pro but if you can get the mate 10 pro for say €150 cheaper then it's the one to go for imo.

It also won the phone of the year on Android Authority

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭ForestFire

I get paid next Friday so I'll be looking to buy a phone that day. I'm vodafone so the mate 10 pro is 749 and the p20 Pro is 779 buying outright. If I want to get the v30 I'll drive up to Newry and that's about 700. Factor in the petrol and its about 750 also.

I don't know too much about the v30, but if there is only 30euro between the Huawei phones I think you would be mad not to go for the p20 pro.

Is there anything the mate 10 has that the p20 pro does not?

Is there any chance you could order now and try to get the free headphones also, worth over 350euro?

Not sure if you have to pay up front or when you collect on prepay?

I'm kind of leaning more towards the mate 10 pro. Better design IMO without the silly notch, nicer fingerprint location, same processor and the camera is supposed to be excellent also. But I'll have a look at both next Friday and see. Don't really fancy driving from Limerick to Newry next Friday for the v30.

There's not much between the p20 Pro and the mate 10 pro. The camera should be a step up though on the p20 Pro and given a €30 premium, its the one I'd go for.

If the fingerprint sensor location is an issue then maybe the mate 10 pro is the better option.

The notch can be turned off on P20 pro so shouldn't really be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ian123ching

rai555 wrote: »
    that's the email

Twilight is not available till mid may and offer for headphones is only first 2 weeks in April that's why headphones offer is not available in that colour phone. Maybe I'm wrong

God Three are hard to deal with - on the phone now to them to cancel my order. They are telling me my order is already 'fulfilled' so I need to refuse the device and it will go back to them and they will restock and then I will get a refund.. the device isn't even available for shipping so this is obviously a load of rubbish..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Twilight is not available till mid may and offer for headphones is only first 2 weeks in April that's why headphones offer is not available in that colour phone. Maybe I'm wrong

it wasn't available in UK/IRE to pre order, which was the original criteria, in some cases but was available elsewhere but the terms will mean its hard to get the headphones I imagine. I need to move to Germany I think. :)

Aanyone find it hard to find consistent reviews on the phone?

Im seeing some are saying it's the best phone of 2018 and others saying it's good but not great...

I keep thinking I've made up my mind and then see another review and doubt again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

I understanding your frustration with the varied reviews, would you not be better off waiting until it's released and try it out in the shops? There won't be a long term review yet so no one can 100% say in any degree of confidence how good/bad the phone is.

Personally, I'd lump on it and sell the earphones for 250 or so. You'll be getting a hell of a phone for around the 500 mark then (assuming not on bill pay)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

Im seeing some are saying it's the best phone of 2018 and others saying it's good but not great...

Considering most have only short term reviews the majority I've come across have all been very positive .
    Don't think you will find anyone with a genuine concern yet ,

And I've used one Id be very happy to own one

I had my hand on one in France alright. Feels nice. Looks nice. But obviously that isn't all yad look for...

One issue I saw was Google maps regularly hanging or failing to load... Any one experience that particular issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

I keep thinking I've made up my mind and then see another review and doubt again.

Watched this review over the w/end, he's pretty positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

I had my hand on one in France alright. Feels nice. Looks nice. But obviously that isn't all yad look for...

One issue I saw was Google maps regularly hanging or failing to load... Any one experience that particular issue?

First thing I tried after seeing that review and the handset I had no issues with it at all. That would be such a major bug that you would hope they would fix it fairly quickly anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭rednoggin

Yep can confirm that Google maps opens instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

rednoggin wrote: »
    Yep can confirm that Google maps opens instantly.
    Think it was the search that was taking ages more so than the opening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭rednoggin

Everything is loading fine. I had seen the videos too. It must have been a bug in the pre-release software.

Advertisement