Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei P20/P20 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

Gatling wrote: »
    The P10 has the similar set up

Anyone with the p20 Pro like to comment on performance?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

Any notifications I'm getting from WhatsApp and Gmail are just appearing as a circle beside the icon. Is there something I'm doing wrong guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

iHungry wrote: »
    Any notifications I'm getting from WhatsApp and Gmail are just appearing as a circle beside the icon. Is there something I'm doing wrong guys?

You need to enable notifications on the lock screen somewhere. It needs to be done per app...Haven't got that far yet :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

You need to enable notifications on the lock screen somewhere. It needs to be done per app...Haven't got that far yet

You need to check the notification settings within the app. Then go to the phone settings, applications, and then select the application and which notifications you want to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

Thank you guys. I have resolved the issue. For anyone else read this guide
    https://www.addictivetips.com/android/how-to-enable-or-disable-notification-badges-for-apps-on-android/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

Technique wrote: »
    How would a p20 lite compare against a Xiaomi Mi A1? Particularly in terms of camera?

My Xiaomi arrived today, but I just seen the Tesco Mobile offer of €80 upfront and €30/month. I already pay €20 on credit each month so the phone would only cost an extra €10.

If I thought the p20 lite was a step up I'd sell the Xiaomi unopened.

You'll be able to sell your A1 for what you paid or very close to it. I was looking at one only yesterday as similarly a lady on boards was looking to sell an unopened one.

All Tesco phones will be locked so no 4G for anyone interested in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Technique

You'll be able to sell your A1 for what you paid or very close to it. I was looking at one only yesterday as similarly a lady on boards was looking to sell an unopened one.

All Tesco phones will be locked so no 4G for anyone interested in it.

Thanks. I'm going to go with Three as the phone's€30 cheaper and I'm already on Three PAYG. I forgot also about the lack of 4g with Tesco.

iHungry wrote: »
    Thank you guys. I have resolved the issue. For anyone else read this guide
    https://www.addictivetips.com/android/how-to-enable-or-disable-notification-badges-for-apps-on-android/

Haven't had much of a chance to mess around with the phone yet but the battery life seems to be excellent. Was at 10% last night when I put the phone down. Picked it up this morning and it was still at 10% :)

Very impressive!

Haven't had much of a chance to mess around with the phone yet but the battery life seems to be excellent. Was at 10% last night when I put the phone down. Picked it up this morning and it was still at 10% :)

Very impressive!

Those with the pro.. Does it come with silicon case in box? Is there a pre installed screen protector?
    Thanks,
    Mick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Those with the pro.. Does it come with silicon case in box? Is there a pre installed screen protector?
    Thanks,
    Mick

Yes it comes with a clear silicon case that is actually quite good.

There is a screen projector in place,but it is just the type intended to be removed when opened.

I still have it on until I get the chance to put on the glass protector I got, hopefully tonight.

ForestFire wrote: »

There is a screen projector in place,but it is just the type intended to be removed when opened.

I still have it on until I get the chance to put on the glass protector I got, hopefully tonight.

Thanks,
    Thought it might be a pre installed one like on one plus. Any suggestions for good tempered glass one?

Thanks,
    Thought it might be a pre installed one like on one plus. Any suggestions for good tempered glass one?

This suggests it might?
    D
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/does-the-huawei-p20-pro-come-with-a-pre-installed-screen-protector-2923616

Thanks,

I just got this one too tide me over.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07BHKTFSK?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

No idea how good it is to be honest.

I'll try to give feedback if and when I get it on. I think it's need 24hrs to fix properly and I have never put on one of these glass ones before

There is a screen protector pre installed under the temporary one. So make sure to take it off before you put on any tempered glass protection.

There is a screen protector pre installed under the temporary one. So make sure to take it off before you put on any tempered glass protection.

Also anyone using the phone with android auto? Seen some reports of problems online

Yes, I'll take a look and see if there is another under the temporary one before installing.

If there is one there I presume it's plastic. Would you just leave it there for the time been or would it be best to switch to the tempered glass straight away?

Also anyone using the phone with android auto? Seen some reports of problems online

Yes used today with no problems. I was actually going to post to say it's much better at auto connect to car than my s7, but that could be an s7 issue which also used to drop connection.

So far I am on Wi-Fi only (hotspot from s7) and I have tried Spotify, maps and directions with no issues.

I do not have SIM installed yet to try calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I've been using it for about 6 hours today... Got a couple of errors stressing my cars version out of date or something similar... But nothing significant, just plugged it out and in

Yes, I'll take a look and see if there is another under the temporary one before installing.

If there is one there I presume it's plastic. Would you just leave it there for the time been or would it be best to switch to the tempered glass straight away?

I'd leave it to be honest. I've one on my one plus 5t and it's fine. I'm really careful with phone. Never put it in pocket with keys etc.. I've dabbled with phone protectors a lot and it can be very hard to fit them properly.. Some won't work with cases etc

• Advertisement

I'd leave it to be honest. I've one on my one plus 5t and it's fine. I'm really careful with phone. Never put it in pocket with keys etc.. I've dabbled with phone protectors a lot and it can be very hard to fit them properly.. Some won't work with cases etc

I've read that the pre installed screen protector is prone to smudges. Seems ok so far from my limited use.

I've never added a tempered screen protector before but I imagine they could be difficult to get right. Although they should offer more protection compared to standard one.

The silicone case provided is fine, but it doesn't give sufficient coverage to the camera lenses so i'm going to pick up a huawei flip case when they are in stock.

I've read that the pre installed screen protector is prone to smudges. Seems ok so far from my limited use.

I've never added a tempered screen protector before but I imagine they could be difficult to get right. Although they should offer more protection compared to standard one.

The silicone case provided is fine, but it doesn't give sufficient coverage to the camera lenses so i'm going to pick up a huawei flip case when they are in stock.

The flip case does look nice but sort of defeats purpose of finger print sensor and face unlock. The silicone one doesn't protect the camera when lying flat?

Is the version from networks here dual sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭practice

No, the one I got from Three is single SIM only; the space for the second SIM on the tray is not available to use

The flip case does look nice but sort of defeats purpose of finger print sensor and face unlock. The silicone one doesn't protect the camera when lying flat?

Yeah, guess you can unlock it with either method, once the case is open. I like the idea of using it with the Always on display and the (limited) notifications you can get along with answering calls etc while the case is closed.

Just an option, i'll probably get another one of a different type aswell and see which one i prefer.

Yeah, the silicone is basically flush with the lens and wouldn't give sufficient (if any) protection when lying the phone flat on a table.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

My p20 pro arrived on Friday, delivered by Nightline so I've had some time to play around with it.
    I preordered from Three. No Bose headphones arrived with the phone but I've been told that they should arrive within 30 days. It did come with a clear silicone case.
    I'm quite impressed with the phone so far. I had a Huawei Mate S and the P20 is slightly longer than that.
    The facial recognition unlock feature is very handy. I'm also very impressed with the triple camera. Any photos I've taken so far look quite professional as they tend to slightly blur out the background and the object is crystal clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Three shipped out Factory Unlocked devices to everyone who pre-ordered. So should get quicker updates etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

dan786 wrote: »
    Three shipped out Factory Unlocked devices to everyone who pre-ordered. So should get quicker updates etc.

That's great news, checked mine, sim lock deactivated. No need unlock from three!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

rai555 wrote: »
    That's great news, checked mine, sim lock deactivated. No need unlock from three!

How did you check the sim lock out of interest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

How did you check the sim lock out of interest?

By putting in a sim from another operator.

Advertisement