Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek Discovery ***Season 2*** [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,281 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

They did say quite some time ago (before the season end) it wasnt the last you'd seen of him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭corkie

Star Trek: Discovery Short Treks Trailer | 'Runaway'

'Star Trek: Short Treks' Episode 1 Packs a Lot into 15 Minutes

Star Trek: Discovery's Mary Wiseman introduces Short Treks

Just watched it, fun and entertaining 15 minutes show.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Was an ok first episode but didn't really add anything unless this is gonna be part of the second season - this is a totally new concept (at least never remember this brought up before) so could be an interesting storyline
    But not complaining as it's still a bit of Trek to see us thru.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,657 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

corkie wrote: »
    Star Trek: Discovery Short Treks Trailer | 'Runaway'

'Star Trek: Short Treks' Episode 1 Packs a Lot into 15 Minutes

Star Trek: Discovery's Mary Wiseman introduces Short Treks

Just watched it, fun and entertaining 15 minutes show.

I thought it could not be viewed here. Have looked on sites myself and no luck yet in finding somewhere to view it. Did you use a streaming site or is there somewhere that has it where we can view it this site of the Atlantic?

Also maybe we could have a separate thread for these if we do have somewhere to view them.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭corkie

@AMKC PM Sent as discussing illegal sources on public boards forums is not allowed.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,657 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

corkie wrote: »
    @AMKC PM Sent as discussing illegal sources on public boards forums is not allowed.

Gotcha.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Season 2 trailer:

Wooo!
    Klingon hair! Proper Klingon battle cruiser!!! Presumably Pike's "Number One"! Spock!!

Looks pretty good :)

Hell yeah, cant wait!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well that looks pretty good I must say, and the retconning seems in full swing. Klingons hairy once more n all.

"The red angel" though, that's a bit Mystery Box. Everything else has me enthusiastic though. Captain Pike could be a classic captain yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,098 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Goodshape wrote: »
    Season 2 trailer:

Wooo!
    Klingon hair! Proper Klingon battle cruiser!!! Presumably Pike's "Number One"! Spock!!

Looks pretty good :)

I'll use spoiler tags even though it's public info for some time.
    Yup, that's explicitly Pike's Number One, from way back in the days of the original pilot.

I think I'd have preferred if they'd held back more stuff from the trailer such as
    the Empress
    . Unless we're in for a major bait and switch like the first season.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Looks great !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What was the deal with
    Georgiou, before she took down the hood or should we know?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,098 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

CastorTroy wrote: »
    What was the deal with
    Georgiou, before she took down the hood or should we know?

Section 31 seem to use holographic disguises or similar, or at least they did in the post season/credits clip at the end of season 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Old style Klingons, brilliant!

Trailer is really good.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

pixelburp wrote: »
    Well that looks pretty good I must say, and the retconning seems in full swing. Klingons hairy once more n all.

"The red angel" though, that's a bit Mystery Box. Everything else has me enthusiastic though. Captain Pike could be a classic captain yet.

My theorise (also from others)

Prime Universe Lorca

Iconians

Something trying to escape the mycelial network

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

that looks bloody good, can see how they want to get to classic trek look, i am in

Beardy Spock, Mirror Spock?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

They absolutely fcuking nailed the casting of
    number one

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Do we need spoiler tags? I think a public trailers contents are fair game for mentioning and talking about. Not like it's some sneaky set photo. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Riker is in the trailer?

• Advertisement

Do we need spoiler tags? I think a public trailers contents are fair game for mentioning and talking about. Not like it's some sneaky set photo. ..

Agreed.

Kilngons look awesome.

Red angel is interesting

Pike seems a good fit

Spock is a Hippy

Slydice wrote: »
    Riker is in the trailer?
    Where?

Yeah, Pike is the big, happy surprise for me: I wasn't sure what to make of that announcement (beyond cynicism over the Enterprise link), and had doubts about Anson Mount for casting, but from what I've seen from the trailer he looks to be a 'true' Starfleet Captain - and if Discovery somehow manages to pad out Pike's backstory to make him into a bit of a hero or greater character than it'll be a happy case of a prequel doing good to the backstory for once.

Yeah, Pike is the big, happy surprise for me: I wasn't sure what to make of that announcement (beyond cynicism over the Enterprise link), and had doubts about Anson Mount for casting, but from what I've seen from the trailer he looks to be a 'true' Starfleet Captain - and if Discovery somehow manages to pad out Pike's backstory to make him into a bit of a hero or greater character than it'll be a happy case of a prequel doing good to the backstory for once.

I’ll call it now.

I would be stunned if thought hasn’t been given to a new show showing the Pike Enterprise years.

We have a ship and three of its crew on discovery. I would dearly love to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Is Pike going to be a regular now? I thought he was only supposed to be in a few episodes (I may have just misread that somewhere). 'Cos I certanly like the vibe he gives off in the trailers.

I really liked the looks of that trailer.

Is Pike going to be a regular now? I thought he was only supposed to be in a few episodes (I may have just misread that somewhere). 'Cos I certanly like the vibe he gives off in the trailers.

I really liked the looks of that trailer.

Series regular for S2 from what I have read.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Series regular for S2 from what I have read.
    Ah, OK. Cool. I'm assuming they'll say something like: "But what about your ship?" "Ah, I handed it over to some other fellah" Huh? Huh? Nudge nudge...

I suspect while Pike's away, 'Number 1' will be in charge; there's a brief clip of her, complete with TOS style uniform. I'm betting we'll get a 2-parter at the start, ending with Pike & Number 1 parting ways while the former takes temp. command of the Discovery. (Side bar, didn't realise Rebecca Romijn was playing Number 1).

Out of curiousity: wondering what Season 1 haters thought of that trailer? Seemed like there was enough division over that first season, but has this trailer done anything to tempt folks back?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Evade

Out of curiousity: wondering what Season 1 haters thought of that trailer? Seemed like there was enough division over that first season, but has this trailer done anything to tempt folks back?
    I was going to watch season two anyway but I think the changes seen in the trailer are for the better. I'm not so sure about another season of guest captain instead of just promoting Saru. Promoting Saru and replacing Pike with a commodore would serve the same story purpose and if they absolutely must tie it to an existing character there's a few admirals from TOS they could have used Robert April might have been a good pick since he was already mentioned in STD.

• Advertisement

Doesnt Captain Pike go on to suffer horrible injuries?

Advertisement