Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Well I hope It won't lead to infestation of baby spiders!

*gets coat* :pac:

Ba dum tissshhhhh!!

On the subject of spiders, my 6 yr old removed a tarantula from the kitchen yesterday. TH because at her age I would have been terrified.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Ba dum tissshhhhh!!

On the subject of spiders, my 6 yr old removed a tarantula from the kitchen

Wtf :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Wtf :eek:

I may be exaggerating slightly, but it was huge :)

Edit to add it's lashing rain, first time in weeks !!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Well done you !!

If you or any other cat lovers get a chance , try watch Amazing Interiors on Netflix . season 1 , episode 4..

Now , that man is a cat lover :D

Th watching the above show, that was fantastic mam :D 22 cats :eek: they were having a great time with their walk ways :D also he had lion type cat :3

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Th watching the above show, that was fantastic mam :D 22 cats :eek: they were having a great time with their walk ways :D also he had lion type cat :3

hqdefault.jpg

Brilliant wasn't it?!
    Watched it last night and thought of you straight away :D
    Fair dues to your man , amazing set up for the cats , and he didn't even mind how much it cost to repair the damage after they flooded everywhere :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A fantastic almost full moon in a beautiful sky tonight.

And a Blood Moon tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Son of a bitch

Hearing a dawn chorus of chirping birds.

I work 7 AM to 7 Pm three days on and 3 off. I wake up at 5 AM to go for a quick walk around before leaving for work. I leave the window open at night to help with air circulation and heat in my house. So I wake up to the singing of my feathered friends out back. It's beautiful.

Brilliant wasn't it?!
    Watched it last night and thought of you straight away :D
    Fair dues to your man , amazing set up for the cats , and he didn't even mind how much it cost to repair the damage after they flooded everywhere :D

The rascals get away with murder :3 also 600 cans of food a month :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The rascals get away with murder :3 also 600 cans of food a month :eek:

Absolutely crazy , can picture the shopping trolley stacked with cans !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

It's lashing rain here now. Lovely rain for my garden and fields.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I'm not particularly close to my family but I just had a lovely two hour chat on the phone with my sister, it was great to have a good catch up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Let me know what you think after please , I loved it :D
    (And I have a dog, not a cat !)

no nexflix but plenty cats!

Quietly content.. Plans for a visit from Canada came a tiny bit nearer this week... Not in sight yet but nearer...

Try this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLhesmKn4Cs

When I had 11 cats on the North Sea island, I shopped once a month.. thankfully they delivered.. ;)

Not really trivial but happy I did it. Saw a young girl of perhaps 11 or 12 going in to a field near the house so she could get to a young calf. I got to her before she got too close to the calf, as this particular cow is quite aggressive when she has a small calf. Even the farmer avoided going in to her last week because she was being feisty. We watched the calf from the safety of the correct side of the gate.

Naps :3

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Naps :3
    Calling them power-naps makes you sound like a dynamic go getter ;)

Calling them power-naps makes you sound like a dynamic go getter ;)

Touche :3

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Naps. They do you a power of good! :pac:

I can't recall when I last had a nap - years ago.

Watching out the window to see if the cloud will clear enough for the blood moon to be visible. It's a beautiful evening otherwise and all is well with the world of the S family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching Mission:Impossible - Fallout at the cinema this evening. It was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Weather woman Siobhan Ryan just had a aonghus Mac grianna moment on the rte1 weather.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

My bed :D

Had a phone call from a relative on Achill inviting us over for the bank holiday weekend to sample some of the events there that we haven't been to in years. We can't go, as we've plans already with some of the family here, but it's lovely to be asked and wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Had a phone call from a relative on Achill inviting us over for the bank holiday weekend to sample some of the events there that we haven't been to in years. We can't go, as we've plans already with some of the family here, but it's lovely to be asked and wanted.

*Heads over to TA thread to to see if there's a post about an unaccepted invite.:pac:

blade1 wrote: »
    *Heads over to TA thread to to see if there's a post about an unaccepted invite.:pac:

Who knows, maybe they were quietly relieved and more than TH when we said we couldn't go. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A young friend is staying with me for a couple of weeks, she was fascinated that I had put some small bottles of water in the freezer in the depts of the heat, I told her to take them out and we could drink them when they had defrosted. Fast forward two days and she takes them out of the body of the fridge and is startled to find some of them still have towers of ice in their middles.

*The things adults take for granted and how easy it is to amuse a youngster not used to such things.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

New Home wrote: »
    Naps. They do you a power of good! :pac:

Forgot to do this yesterday.

Obligatory facepalm gif for homeo

giphy.gif

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

This has upset fans for selling out, but I love hearing the first few notes of Sonic Youth's 'Teenage Riot' on the ad for Daisy perfume (I think). I first saw them play in Dun Laoghaire in the Top Hat, supported by a little known band called Nirvana. Lovely stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭blade1

A friend of mine who is first mate on a ship took this somewhere in the South Atlantic Ocean at 2:30am.
    70zz20.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement