Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Met great fellow voters at the polling station - mighty laughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Wrecked after work, just me and the dog sprawled on the sofa.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th happy I got to hold my nephew today, he was asleep in his car seat when he came in first and looked very cross in his sleep :D when I got to hold him he was smiling and cooing up at me :D and was burying his little head into my chest :3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

The fresh smell of clothes when I bring them in from the line outside. They have caught the fresh air and the sun.
    The fact that it is Friday night, woohoo, the weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

The exit poll suggesting the yes side will win by a landslide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I got the loveliest email this morning that offered praise and encouragement and it gave me such a boost. The fact that someone took the time to send such lovely words with the sole intention of making me feel good about myself means a lot. I floated to work on cloud 9 this morning and I'm still up there. I took a screenshot so that I can look at it if I am ever having a bad day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Not trivial at all. I feel so so proud of my people and my country today.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The concert at the NCH last night was unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I don't actually know if I'm happy or sad but I'll post it here. Today I saw a video of my cat on Snapchat. She was there and she was so perfect and beautiful. I miss her (and my other 7) so bad but by seeing that video I know that she's okay!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Watching coverage of the referendum results and TH and proud to be Irish today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

When I went to the shed to put on a wash earlier, there were 4 deers in the field behind us. They're so lovely !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Getting a city bus in Belfast

The driver pulled in on a wide open road, got out and started walking down the side of the bus l. I just assumed he was checking a mechical issue

He picked up a fiver off the ground, waved it to show it off and got a round of applause

He’s eagle eyed anyway, good for him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The wild rosa rugosa is starting to flower; deep puce. There will be rose hips ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Got a new dishwasher today after my old one broke a few weeks ago and I had to wash the dishes the old fashioned way. I haven't been this happy since last year when I got a dryer :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Voting in the referendum

Watching Solo: A Star Wars in the cinema yesterday; it was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TH in general today, going out for birthday drinks tonight, and I haven't been so excited to go out in a very long time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Getting a city bus in Belfast

The driver pulled in on a wide open road, got out and started walking down the side of the bus l. I just assumed he was checking a mechical issue

He picked up a fiver off the ground, waved it to show it off and got a round of applause

He’s eagle eyed anyway, good for him :)

That's the most Irish post I have ever read! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Seven newly fledged House Sparrows and four young Chaffinches at the bird tables today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mane :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Seven newly fledged House Sparrows and four young Chaffinches at the bird tables today.

That's our house this evening also, great visitors

Video chatting with my brother and niece in Australia, I was making funny noises to get her attention and she was smiling mad at me and her nana :3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I got my house painted, and it's lovely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Champions League Final result :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

TA that I ran out of milk for my porridge this morning, but TH that I decided to try and make it with water instead and it's not disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Got woken up by a puppy, mid zoomies, launching onto my bed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

One of my colleagues at work was pregnant, and we were throwing name ideas around, as you do. Fast forward a couple of months, and there is now a baby boy who has one of the names I casually suggested - I think. I’m not going to say anything, of course, but if that poor kid gets teased, I’m denying all responsibility. :eek:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

The most amazing thunderstorm woke me up at around 5.30 this morning. I love storms and this was the best one I've ever witnessed. The thunder was actually rattling the windows at one point! My OH opened the blinds and we lay in bed watching and listening as the storm raged for well over an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

I couldn't find my iPad anywhere this morning, ruined my lie in looking for it
    Found it now. So relieved. Put password back on it. Left it off so kids could go on it but won't be doing again in case I do loose it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

This might seem like a trivial annoyance but I finally got my period for the first time in over two months. I don't know where it went but relieved to see it's back!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement