Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Was walking to the shop this evening and there is a nice large green space between two apartment buildings. I'm just walking along when I notice out of the corner of my eye an absolutely massive golden retriever sprinting at literally full force toward me. When he reached me, he was just completely delighted to see me. A few moments later, his owner comes around the corner having caught up to him. She said he is a year old but is still as excitable as puppy and obviously really friendly and delighted to see everyone.

Seeing such a huge dog so happy and excited made my evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Just now that I can stay inside with no problems for doing so; except delaying garden work...Let the midges stamp their feet and gnash their teeth!

Last post before weekend and my second birthday card... A friend I taught with in my first post, well over 50 years ago and we are still in touch.. Not even a nasty desk clearing official email can take the shine off the card...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

The missus is going back to Ireland for the weekend to visit a friend. Thinking about a whole weekend to myself and wondering what to do with myself :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Coming home from a tough day to find my lab waiting for me at the front door with a ball in his mouth, ready to go to the fields with a ball launcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

In the car since just after ten this morning home now with a lovely mug of coffee , (and a cig)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My sister just got her permanent job!! I'm so happy for her. The two of us sorted in the same week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I've just won some Cinema Tickets! :) Yayyy! : )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Deskside for another half an hour then out of here, looking forward to a weekend of great weather and great times

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    In the car since just after ten this morning home now with a lovely mug of coffee , (and a cig)

Hmm.... enjoy the coffee! ;)

• Advertisement

Lovely if short walk to try to wear the dog down a bit.. She is totally wired and driving me crazy...

Been sorting a big planter and almost all done...

Along the lane towards the farm, saying hello to the cattle.... Flowers everywhere.. a lark rising, swallows playing aerobatics, a cuckoo swearing his heart out and echoing... Stretches of pale sand and the ocean to the left...

As far as the old cottage was enough for me, although dog went much further.. Cat came too; he was going to stay with the cattle but the words YUM YUM soon fixed that ;)

A happy while...and every day is like this here.. How blessed I am!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Rowntrees orange push up \0/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Had a Granda Granddaughter (aged 5) time for three hours this afternoon. Ice-cream, of course, read the Ice Queen, collected 'smelly' flower petals of every colour imaginable and chatted about life. I don't know who ended up the happiest.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Spotify making a suggestion of some new music and it's super.

I would never have heard of this guy or his music and he's great.

Sweet restful darkness at last...Everyone asleep except me.. silence... happy in that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    The missus is going back to Ireland for the weekend to visit a friend. Thinking about a whole weekend to myself and wondering what to do with myself :p

The Gardens in the town centre should be looking good, nice place to relax in the good weather. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Vela wrote: »
    CHERRY TOMATOES.

I wouldn't usually be mad about the oul tomatoes, but these wee buggers are yum. And I realise this doesn't make any sense because they're just smaller tomatoes, but THEY MAKE ME HAPPY.

Get the organic cherry tomatoes. They're in a different league. I grow Gardener's Delight cherry tomatoes every year. Straight off the plant and warm from the sun, pure heaven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

The burst of Summer that's happened this past week. I know it's been too hot at times but I think we all needed a good wallop of Summer in fairness. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,304 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I like having the window open at time of post 01:55 wearing a pair of shorts without having to put the heating on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

madmaggie wrote: »
    The Gardens in the town centre should be looking good, nice place to relax in the good weather. :)

Oh thank you for the suggestion, that sounds lovely! :)

• Advertisement

Estivation calls! Dark day here, longing for rain...Picked a mass of orchids and clutterbucks and they smiling at me now.. many small happinesses each day

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Coffee time on Saturday morning \o/

I have had cake and coffee for breakfast for the last two mornings. I am so unhealthy but I'm celebrating so that's my excuse!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Coffee & toast here, watching CNN. They are reading out some viewer comments. They are deluded with their own self-importance.

KatW4 wrote: »
    I have had cake and coffee for breakfast for the last two mornings. I am so unhealthy but I'm celebrating so that's my excuse!

Cake and coffee and is a healthy way to start the day and don't let anyone tell you otherwise, so ehhh therefore....go forth and continue what you're doing :3.

Cake and coffee and is a healthy way to start the day and don't let anyone tell you otherwise, so ehhh therefore....go forth and continue what you're doing :3.

Thank you, I shall ;) even when I weigh 40 stone! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

KatW4 wrote: »
    Thank you, I shall ;) even when I weigh 40 stone! :D

40 is the new 30.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Also, life begins at 40, or so we've been told. Of course, if you felt like sharing all that cake, we wouldn't complain in the least.

New Home wrote: »
    Also, life begins at 40, or so we've been told. Of course, if you felt like sharing all that cake, we wouldn't complain in the least.

Tomorrow I will get my cake out of the freezer for Monday; a lovely Cadbury Flake Cake.. I hasten to add it was half -price!

You are welcome to share, as long as you get here before it all vanishes.. ;)

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »

Nearly double that and still alive

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement