Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »
    Just made myself a daycent cuppa tea. Badly needed too :D

Hmmm a cupan tae would be lovely right about now :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Being able to just wander in to the kitchen and grab a snack any time you feel like it. The little luxury of having cupboards well stocked. When you grew up with nothing but the basic breakfast, dinner and tea, it's always a TH to be able to browse and snack.

Rice Krispies right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Tesco now stock gluten free Cornettos. Even the dog was impressed, though she prefers Magnums. I eat the chocolate, she gets the ice cream centre, then goes giddy from the sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Girl dog is much better, even pulled her favourite prank of running up the stairs away from the dog walker this am.
    As part of her routine she gets a treat before and after I give her the meds, it has to be administered at the same time each day.
    *She's taken to sitting on my lap or walking to where I am, 5 mins ahead of when she is due her meds

* Which I'm sure is a complete coincidence!:)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 172 ✭✭Jimmy Dags

Managed to maintain a good erection earlier in the heat.

• Advertisement

A fabulous sunny morning. Get out and enjoy it if you can at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I'm so sorry please forgive me but I can't help it! I can't stop laughing at the story about the Bull minding the field! :eek::o:D:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

This weather.

Your Face wrote: »
    This weather.

Close thread.

:)

Another glorious day and sunshine bringing out the smiles everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

No school until Monday. And the weather is unreal. Yay!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Probably said this before, but so happy with my new job :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Every year or so my back acts up so bad I am in absolute bits with it.
    Yesterday I got a script for diazepam from dr. Took double the dose last night and it didn’t help. Went into chemist this morning, the chemist saw the state of me and gave me nurofen plus AND solpadeine, and told me to take the full entire dose. I’m happy for two reasons. Codeine, number 1. And number 2, the chemist exercised common sense, and didn’t treat me like a junkie looking for brown.

Next stop, needle in my ass. Hopefully being full of codeine stops that. But even if it doesn’t, I’ll be happy I wore grown up knickers with no cartoons on them if I do need a needle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

My last day of work this week today and then off to Belfast tomorrow with the missus for music and festivities. Plus the weather is unreal. Heee heee! (in the voice of Michael Jackson)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

With all the talk of Mint ice creams lately, I started to think about what other delicious ice creams there are.

I started to wonder if there is a Ice Cream Riesen. My 3 minutes of research shows that there isn't.
    I'm going to start melting down riesen chocolate chews and add them to ice cream tonight to make my own. this is going to be glorious.

Plus I heard someones voice today that was unexpected that put a smile on my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Psychsearch

Going back to my parent's house and seeing my old dog!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Klub FM playing daycent tunes this morning after the gym - I love it!

The help you can get here on Boards. Couldn't get E4 TV channel tonight. Asked on the TV forum and within a minute Gerry Wicklow kindly replied with the new tuning.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

The help you can get here on Boards. Couldn't get E4 TV channel tonight. Asked on the TV forum and within a minute Gerry Wicklow kindly replied with the new tuning.

more than TH at you for asking, I only saw the thread on main page. Checked my own channels & were gone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I've had my life saved more than once, by the lovely ppl in the tech forum.

My final workshop result is in, it's a comfortable pass, so I hope if there is a query I have enough to bring my worst one up to pass into 2nd year.

Now I have that result, I can plan that weekend away with my soon bride to be friend!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I've not been home since Xmas, going back tomorrow, looking forward to seeing niece and nephews!

• Advertisement

The fact that I'm on setup at work tonight. Hopefully it'll keep me away from people for the duration of my shift. Although I'll probably have to spend an age polishing cutlery...:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    The fact that I'm on setup at work tonight. Hopefully it'll keep me away from people for the duration of my shift. Although I'll probably have to spend an age polishing cutlery...:rolleyes:

Is that prison talk for something else?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My nephew is here :D he's asleep in his car seat and he has a very cross face :3.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Astral Weeks playing on the commute into work this morning.
    Sun is shining, sunglasses on. Weekend creeping round the corner.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Is that prison talk for something else?

No, it's waitress talk for the most boring thing on earth :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Sitting outside a little cafe in the sun, having a tasty espresso.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Spending the night with my friends and their adorable small kids last night. First of many goodbyes but a very poignant one. Had a really lovely evening, they are such a gorgeous little family :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

That the groceries finally arrived.. the referendum has totally disrupted ferry times etc, both here and on the mainland .So now we can get back to normal, whatever that is ..:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

I rang a plumber today and in an unexpected turn of events he:
    answered his phone
    said he’d be here at 4pm
    turned up 5 minutes early
    fixed the problem
    only charged €40
    and was totally gorgeous, in that rugged, manly, snickers-wearing kinda way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Got a free 99 in work today.

Haven't had one in ages.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement