Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Drove through the Wiclow mountains and sheep country today . The gorse , cherry blossoms , flame of the forest and the countryside looked amazing . Just fresh clean bright beautiful nature at its best

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Unexpected days out with the OH, and the weather made it even better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Happy for the sun you are all getting; has not reached here , West Mayo, yet but maybe soon.. You give hope... Here we have acres of gorse, that is sunshine all on its own. Lovely fragrance too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just saw the forecast and here will be dry, bright and calm until at least Wednesday. Lots of garden projects can finally move along - although grass will probably need cutting twice between now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I love Belfast!

• Advertisement

KatW4 wrote: »
    I love Belfast!

I've always thought it a great place to visit.

Got my OH a GOT board game for his birthday/our anniversary (which are tomorrow and Sunday). Was slightly worried about whether it would be a good enough gift or not, because I've not been working I couldn't spend too much, and even though he doesn't care about that stuff, it's always nice to give a good gift. He's just been sending me pics on Whatsapp of him and his brother playing it, so I'm very TH about that :D

Hope makes me happy; of a sunny day soon. Happy that so many are in sunshine!

The sun is out again and we are having coffee at a neighbour's after mass - they have a beautiful garden, so we shall enjoy a walk and talk session through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I'm getting every stitch of washing including coats, bathrobes and mattress protectors done :D

Passed my exams, having a few drinks tonight :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I went to have a knitting lesson this morning, I know the basics but have forgotten some of it. Now I have wool and needles and a pattern at the ready to knit a little cardigan for a friend of mine who is having a baby in a couple of weeks. I'm excited to get started on it!

Finally got round to removing the winter cover I concocted for the gas bottle and pipe when the gas cooker was all I had and the gas in the connecting pipe froze, It consiste d of two black jerseys and two blue bin bags and several miles of sticky tape and did not budge in all the gales

SUMMER is here! HAPPy!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TH Poochie posted another picture of her beautiful cat :D:3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Just being home today is making me TH, after a disastrous night out babysitting my older very drunk and rude friend. Barely slept last night so just woke after a nap on the couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭Poochie05

TH Poochie posted another picture of her beautiful cat :D:3

I'll have to stop when GDPR comes in as I’ll be breaching her right to privacy!

TH at simple gestures that can give small pleasures

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭badabing106

I ordered a six nugget meal, and to my big surprise, there was 7 nuggets in my box. Complete and total utter happy astonisment! That seventh nugget tasted so good!

People smiling just because the sun shines. If only everything in this world was so simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I ordered a six nugget meal, and to my big surprise, there was 7 nuggets in my box. Complete and total utter happy astonisment! That seventh nugget tasted so good!

There's a McNugget Meal in the not too distant future for me. I feicin deserve it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I'll have to stop when GDPR comes in as I’ll be breaching her right to privacy!

Hehe :3 she's loves the attention I bet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭Poochie05

There is a wood pigeon that comes down and sits on the apex of the neighbour's metal shed, just staring in at us in the garden. I presume he is enjoying a bit of heat from the shed under him but like to think he pops down to hang out with us when we're in the garden.

Maybe if we get chatting I can ask him to shut the **** up in the mornings when he is singing his head offf at 6 am! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The smell of a fine fillet steak and vegetable skewers on the bbq.

The happy at remembering to buy a box of Barry's tea bags today in Dunnes, we only had half a box left :eek: imagine if we ran out :eek: the horror !

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I heard the cuckoo this morning, and there it was again this evening, even closer :)

And also I did so much gardening this last while, I nearly have all the jobs I have meant to do in ages done.
    And although I can't really move right now, I'm fine ! thanks to methotrexate. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

More then a TH because it's a Bank holiday tomorrow. Get to enjoy more sunshine. I Love spreading a blanket on the grass to relax, listening to the birds and watching my son play. So nice to enjoy the moment instead of rushing about to do stuff that doesn't matter as much as chilling with your child.

TH that I got to spend all afternoon out in the garden reading my book! It was so lovely :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Window boxes planted up . I love summer .

Silence is happy.. Peace, quietude...

Wonderful,industrious folk. The only gardening I did today was to dead head every dandelion that dared to stick a bud up,.. oh and sowed some sunflowers in pots made from the bottom halves of plastic milk containers ..

Oh and clipped the heads off nettles before they dare flower. Happiness is taking charge,

The luxury of a sunny Sunday. Old habits die hard and I don't do any pottering in the garden on a Sunday, so it was nice to sit back in the sun and admire it rather than always hopping up to do something in it. Equally happy that tomorrow is to be good too, so I can tear into the bits and bobs I noticed today.

Happy it's a decent long weekend for those who work. I always hated a long weekend when the weather let us down.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I'm 50/50 about putting this in TA or TH thread, but I guess it's a glass is half full kind of day so putting it here:

Was just watching an episode of The Mentalist where and English actor plays an Irish character. Then a Welsh actor, playing an American character had to imitate the Irish character - so two Irish accents, though the second one was somewhat deliberately meant to be off. The TA is that it's annoying how badly foreign shows get the Irish accent. But the TH is that I couldn't stop laughing listening to it, so that sort of cheered me up.

• Advertisement

A new day after a bad night. some sun would help but cannot have everythlng so happy with a new day

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement