Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Watching kids play in the garden, prams being pushed, sticks collected in the wooded area (or deep dark wood as one of them calls it), and the youngest fella enraptured that not only are the cows in the field but there are calves. Adults chatting about everything and nothing, in the sunshine. Back out I go......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Booked a weekend away for me and my boyfriend next weekend. It wasn't planned and I am so excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Today all the grassy banks here, and the land has been long empty, is scattered generously with wild violets. I have not seen wild flowers like this for decades...

Happiness is tiny violet faces smiling from banks and borders

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My awesome new mermaid's tail blanket, crocheted for me by a lovely Boardsie :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Much as I love and enjoy them all, it's just the two of us now for the night. Dinner, TV, a couple of drinks and some chocolate in quiet comfort.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Getting to hold nephew and bottle feeding him and winding him and he was looking up at me as if to say "Who the flip is fella now" :D and I brought him a blue teddy and when I was leaving I threw the other teddy out of his cot and left mine in :3 also I helped my brother in law in the garden shifting earth and then digging a trench around a flower bed :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Getting to hold nephew and bottle feeding him and winding him and he was looking up at me as if to say "Who the flip is fella now" :D and I brought him a blue teddy and when I was leaving I threw the other teddy out of his cot and left mine in :3 also I helped my brother in law in the garden shifting earth and then digging a trench around a flower bed :cool:

Ah don't go burying the other teddy.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Seph, admit it - yours wasn't a blue teddy, was it? Yours was a blue kitten.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Ah don't go burying the other teddy.

I have no recollection of the matter in question :3
    New Home wrote: »
    Seph, admit it - yours wasn't a blue teddy, was it? Yours was a blue kitten.

I wish! all they had was teddy bears :pac:

[QUOTE=Sephiroth_dude;106854607

Ah there you are!

I think you will love this !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5lTlhXCo3c

• Advertisement

Graces7 wrote: »
    [QUOTE=Sephiroth_dude;106854607

Ah there you are!

I think you will love this !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5lTlhXCo3c

Brilliant :D

Graces7 wrote: »

Brilliant :D

Ah yes! SO glad you like it; thought of you as soon as I saw it. What a kitten!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

We bought a picnic bench over a year ago...still haven't used it as our Lucy has made it her perch.....lol lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

gifted wrote: »
    We bought a picnic bench over a year ago...still haven't used it as our Lucy has made it her perch.....lol lol

Lucy is adorable :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Beautiful doggie

Th because himself is on his last shift finishing this evening for 4 days off and I’m taking tomorrow off

TH I had a great night sleep, best I had in a long time, not that I have trouble sleeping or anything,it was a really deep sleep, I put it down to work I was doing yesterday in the garden with the BIL :3 also my bones hurt!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

northgirl wrote: »
    Lucy is adorable :)

Back atcha, northgirl ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Flash ahaaaa

When I peel a boiled egg and the egg shell comes away perfectly revealing a smooth undamaged egg

When I peel a boiled egg and the egg shell comes away perfectly revealing a smooth undamaged egg

Hold the egg under the cold tap & it helps do this.

TH nothing more to do today.

When I get notification of a new post in the Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you? thread, I love that thread!

• Advertisement

Every time I walk past Penneys, it is like lost & found of husbands & partners outside.

There is always a line of men looking at their phones waiting on the OH's who are shopping inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,282 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Every time I walk past Penneys, it is like lost & found of husbands & partners outside.

There is always a line of men looking at their phones waiting on the OH's who are shopping inside.

Been there done that.
    And before mobile phones it was pure hell :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

My Phone is back charging!!!!! When I plugged it in in somebody else's house! There's 3 Outlets in my Bedroom and it currently (aside from 1 single time where I previously had it in the Box of Rice,) won't charge in any Outlet there, and I've tried in a couple of other Outlets around the house too. But no dice! Yet bizarrely all these Outlets work perfectly for everything else electric I plug in!! And they charge my old Phone fine too with any amount of different Chargers and USB Cables used.

Half-heartedly off-handedly in vain hope after plugging in my deadasadodo Phone (from here on in known as Dodo,) there now at Home-House, and hey presto couldn't feicing believe it when Phone lit up and is happily charging away now!!

Have you tried charging it when it is switched off?

My mother's phone had a water incident & now only charges when it is turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

A line full of towels bone dry and back in the hot press .

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's funny, I have a similar problem with the vacuum cleaner - there's one single socket that just doesn't agree with it. And yet, anything else I plug in there works fine. I bet they're haunted.

The Phone was dead won't turn on won't charge. Nothing. Anyway charging now yippeee... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

You know if it was a scene in a horror movie and the phone started intermittently charging and then not charging, it would usually signify something weird was going to happen...just saying like.....jameen?

New Home wrote: »
    It's funny, I have a similar problem with the vacuum cleaner - there's one single socket that just doesn't agree with it. And yet, anything else I plug in there works fine. I bet they're haunted.

Wow really. That's odd isn't it! I'm beyond happy anyway 'cos it's been dead and lifeless for a few days running now and prognosis wasn't good, and I seriously wouldn't be able to afford to buy another new Phone at the moment! It's only a couple of months old like. But If I did end up bringing it into a Repair-Shop I might as well buy another brand new Phone 'cos I'd prob. end up handing over fifty or sixty quid for the pleasure and the same thing could happen to it again in the future.

On another note I must ask in the Electricity Forum if we have one or some other Forum if anyone knows why the Sockets will work for powering other things but won't charge this Phone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

You know if it was a scene in a horror movie and the phone started intermittently charging and then not charging, it would usually signify something weird was going to happen...just saying like.....jameen?
    You mean the phones are becoming self aware? :eek: Telpis :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement