Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Don't worry, my students are not the kind to get shocked by it, they love when a teacher messes up actually and most of them hear a lot worse at home !

I was just pretending to be shocked :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Had to write the date an hour ago, for the first time today, and realised it's my mother's birthday and she would have been 100 today. This started a whole raft of memories and chat here about the great character she was. Happy with memories now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Lorelli! wrote: »
    Got caught out twice earlier today in a downpour of April Showers on two separate outings. Happy to be home and dry! :)

Me too, it's a fúcking joke tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Happy to be indoors and no need to be outdoors in this stormy weather..
    Will be happier when the groceries arrive of course..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I moved recently, renting, and the new place has a pretty nice reclining sofa in my room. Last night, watching TV with some tortilla chips, dropped one down the inside of the sofa. Had to get it out, which I did, but also came out with a free €2 coin. It's not much, but it was nice.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement

bnt wrote: »
    I moved recently, renting, and the new place has a pretty nice reclining sofa in my room. Last night, watching TV with some tortilla chips, dropped one down the inside of the sofa. Had to get it out, which I did, but also came out with a free €2 coin. It's not much, but it was nice.

Now folk will be delving down the sides of settees! Gold mining! ;)

Happy that the sun is shining and the forecast gives showers only by afternoon - so a trip to the river might be in order.

The evocative aroma of burning turf as it heats the dwelling and the water.. mmmmmm!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

A road lined with deep pink cherry blossom trees . Just glorious after a long bare winter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

bnt wrote: »

Something like this happened me last week when I was hoovering out my car! Got a new car about 2 months ago and it hadn't been given a proper hoover before I bought it so one of the sunny days last week I went out, hoovered it and found almost €2 in various places :D

• Advertisement

Found a single wild violet yesterday... May there be many more..

The cattle have been released into the fields. All leaping and charging, kicking their hind legs in pure joy. And the calves are adorable. A sure sign the long hard winter is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Something like this happened me last week when I was hoovering out my car! Got a new car about 2 months ago and it hadn't been given a proper hoover before I bought it so one of the sunny days last week I went out, hoovered it and found almost €2 in various places :D

You were sitting on a goldmine all this time! :pac:

Although, I have to say, finding money like that when you least expect it is a great feeling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

We have a half door and I was able to leave it open comfortably for a little hour with the nice ray of sunshine.

The farmer is at slurry now in the field right behind so had to close it, but I've a nice stick of incense burning inside so I don't care :)

We have a half door and I was able to leave it open comfortably for a little hour with the nice ray of sunshine.

The farmer is at slurry now in the field right behind so had to close it, but I've a nice stick of incense burning inside so I don't care :)

I can smell it from here; pray for a wind!

Blissfully warm house from the gifted turf fire and now the roof is ticking as the sun hits it,,, Ah bliss!

A strange car pulled in to the drive this afternoon, as I sat in the garden just beginning the crossword.

"#$@# , who now?"

Turns out it was an old acquaintance we hadn't seen in over twenty years. He was going to meet someone but had an hour to spare. Two hours later he left. A very pleasant catch up and happy to see him looking so well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

Seeing a video of a fan absolutely slay a guitar solo at an Avenged Sevenfold gig made me grin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Weird night tonight. Had a friend let me in on some really really bad bews, and my mind I spinning ever since.
    But while I am devastated by it all, part of me is so so so proud of her for the way she is handling it, and she has plans to do some things in the next while that I can't believe... I'm happy to be counted as a friend by somone as amazing as her...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Malteesers from the fridge with a cup of hot tea

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Harry Enfield and chums - Michael Caine sketch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

northgirl wrote:
    Harry Enfield and chums - Michael Caine sketch

"Not a lot of people know that"

Such a lovely morning out there, out here. Dawn rosying the clear sky, air pure as spring water... sea a mirror of sky. The gorse is gilding the fields.. and I found whole banks of tiny wild violets..

Even thought I heard the distant mere echo of a cuckoo.. probably on the mainland , for sounds carry mightily here.

Dog had a serious, noisy disruptive case of cabin fever,. so walkies was sheer self defence; watching her race off down the lane as soon as I opened the gate, ears flapping and tail waving is a sight to make for happiness.. I just stand there and laugh in her sheer exuberant delight at her freedom.

Cat went the wrong way and ran in great hastes to find us again.

Lovely start to the day...really lovely.

"The sun has got his hat on.
    Hip hip hip hooray.
    The sun has got his hat on
    And is coming out to play!"

All together now !!! ;)

Went on to MandMDirect for a 'goosey' and ended up buying new trainers. And a few other bits. Fúck it sure it's Friday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Where I work, we have two buildings in the one industrial estate. Half an hour ago, I was going from one to the other, I was getting my bike for the less than two minute cycle. As I grabbed my bike, turning it to the direction I'd be going, I jumped back out of fright.

On the other side of the car I was beside, there was suddenly a lot of whiteness. A family of sheep had come into our car-park, a mammy, a daddy, and three lambs, and were just 10 foot from me. I watched them saunter for a bit, just to see where they'd go. They just went about randomly in a line, with the parents at each end... :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »
    Harry Enfield and chums - Michael Caine sketch :D
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    "Not a lot of people know that"

Must check that out

TH its Friday!!!

Must check that out

TH its Friday!!!

Dave Angel sketches are class too
    https://youtu.be/X_EBZPGeHxU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

kfallon wrote:
    Dave Angel sketches are class too

Dave Angel is from The Fast Show though.

• Advertisement

Dave Angel is from The Fast Show though.

Thats true, Paul Whitehouse doing Michael Caine prob just made me think of The Fast Show

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement