Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Went to a Folens event and got lots of new free (only reason I went) books for school. I'm very excited about them... I'm such a swot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Happy birthday Seph dude!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Me thinks Seph only said it was his birthday to get some cat gifs posted.

:P

Happy Birthday Sephers

The-Party-Cats-Wish-You-A-Happy-Birthday.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thanks for the birthday wishes and cat gifs/pics :D ye have made me the TH! Jaysus how did ye know cats were my favorites homer-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif ?
    ? you'd swear I was always going on about them, posting gif's and video's non stop or something..........

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

KatW4 wrote: »
    Went to a Folens event and got lots of new free (only reason I went) books for school. I'm very excited about them... I'm such a swot!

Do they still do that? Mrs S, and my daughters, always went to their events just for the freebies.

• Advertisement

Do they still do that? Mrs S, and my daughters, always went to their events just for the freebies.

They sure do :) a few other companies have started doing it now too. I love getting my teacher diary for the next year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

It's my birthday today and my sister sent me a picture of my little nephew holding a cardboard sign that said "Happy birthday uncle K! I am one month old today" he's all wrapped up in his little cardigan and his hat :3.

Bit late to the party but Happy Happy Birthday!! TH at all the lovely birthday wishes & funny cat gifs & pics that were sent your way. Hope you're having a great day :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »
    Bit late to the party but Happy Happy Birthday!! TH at all the lovely birthday wishes & funny cat gifs & pics that were sent your way. Hope you're having a great day :)

Cheers my fellow Corkonian :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Happy birthday SD, wishing you lots of THs !

A bit down myself here tonight, but it has to be counted as a nice TH that I'm so cosy in bed, with my Argos hospital table for the laptop.

Also going to watch a little snippet of my new most favourite interesting person of the moment, Temple Grandin before sleep. There's plenty bits of her to choose from on youtube and I'm working my way nicely into them, some small bits, some longer bits, some about animals,some about humans, and even the ones that are repetitive always have some little crunchy Q&A unexpected bits. I'm a bit obsessive myself :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

New Home wrote: »
    Do you ever read KenM's comments (not on Boards)? He's outrageously funny, and it's hilarious to see how many people take what he says seriously.
    KenM is quality and a true troll. So often nowadays people call "troll" if someone says something they don't agree with. KenM is old school and manages to wind people up without them realising that he's on the wind up. It's really funny to see people get worked up about him on Youtube. One of my favourite quotes from him is on two new planets being discovered and he says "one questions the wisdom of allowing more planets into the fold when our resources are limited enough as it is". It's too funny reading comments on people trying to "educate" him :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I got my new to me car yesterday. There'll be fun trying to figure out all the new fangled yokes on it. Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Another day we live to see.
    Calm and cool out there..

At last getting to work on a weblog,slowly.. VERY slowly.. Happy to have started.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I won three imaginary arguments in my head this morning. I have such a way with imaginary words. The imaginary people didn't know what to say.

Just had a scammer on the phone who wanted "to extend the expiry date" on my Visa card. All he needed were a few numbers which I had great difficulty finding and botched calling out to him several times. I had to 'answer the door' in the middle of it and then I needed the poor man to repeat much of what he had told me, when I came back to him. He seemed confused when I asked why I'd need my Visa extended when I'm only visiting Russia for ten days and my visa covers it fine as it is.
    "No, No, No. Your VISA DEBIT CARD!" says he.
    'Why? You're just trying to scam people. I'm sure your mother is proud of you" says I.

His reply is not suitable for publication. For some reason he then hung up.

Brightened the morning. :) And confirmed my opinions on the morals of the Indian subcontinent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Just had a scammer on the phone who wanted "to extend the expiry date" on my Visa card. All he needed were a few numbers which I had great difficulty finding and botched calling out to him several times. I had to 'answer the door' in the middle of it and then I needed the poor man to repeat much of what he had told me, when I came back to him. He seemed confused when I asked why I'd need my Visa extended when I'm only visiting Russia for ten days and my visa covers it fine as it is.
    "No, No, No. Your VISA DEBIT CARD!" says he.
    'Why? You're just trying to scam people. I'm sure your mother is proud of you" says I.

His reply is not suitable for publication. For some reason he then hung up.

Brightened the morning. :) And confirmed my opinions on the morals of the Indian subcontinent.

:D You legend. I love winding those gits up too, but not as brilliantly as this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

I found a 50 euro note of mine I had forgotten about. A matter of hours later it seriously saved my ass. Without recovering it , I was fupped.

Peace between neighbours makes me happy. Has been a hard old time but all sorting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Sitting in sunshine while the boss has a nap. I do love my days off :)

Two huge heavy sacks of dry turf at the gate makes me very happy.. ;)

Graces7 wrote: »
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY

And an irish rainbow..

]

• Advertisement

Fire burning and reading a book, with thunder and lighting outside. Got all the gardening done in time - again. Timing it nicely these days.

Graces7 wrote: »
    Two huge heavy sacks of dry turf at the gate makes me very happy.. ;)

AND he asked if he could take the car battery and charge it... Car by the way sits at the landing stage across the water. I can see it from here...

Lovely to be cossetted!

Mrs S just got phone call about recent medical checks and all is holding stable.

She has a long term chronic condition but doesn't complain or let it get the better of her.

We had a great laugh in school today. I teach first class. I was trying to teach them about verbs so we could use them to write a recipe. They were struggling with the concept and gave me the following answers: teddy, you and we.

I said to them "can you go outside and teddy? Does that make sense? No." Same with you, "can you go outside and you?" Then without realising what I was about to do I said to them "can you go outside and we???"

Well all hell broke loose. They couldn't stop laughing because I had asked them to go outside and wee. We had a great time laughing at my stupidity!

(TA their parents will be wondering what I teach them in school!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

New shiny stuff.

KatW4 wrote: »
    We had a great laugh in school today. I teach first class. I was trying to teach them about verbs so we could use them to write a recipe. They were struggling with the concept and gave me the following answers: teddy, you and we.

I said to them "can you go outside and teddy? Does that make sense? No." Same with you, "can you go outside and you?" Then without realising what I was about to do I said to them "can you go outside and we???"

Well all hell broke loose. They couldn't stop laughing because I had asked them to go outside and wee. We had a great time laughing at my stupidity!

(TA their parents will be wondering what I teach them in school!!!)

:D That reminds me of all the times I've asked my (secondary, thankfully) students : "do you have your shít ?".
    I'm French, and sometimes I do be getting confused between my long and short vowels :o
    (and I use a lot of worksheets)
    I've given up trying to bluff it out, we just laugh it out now, it's just too funny.

I've asked my (secondary, thankfully) students : "do you have your shít ?".

tenor.gif

Fire burning and reading a book, with thunder and lighting outside. Got all the gardening done in time - again. Timing it nicely these days.

God I love that! with a nicely poured golden ale/lager into a pint glass, sip away at it......bliss!

tenor.gif

Don't worry, my students are not the kind to get shocked by it, they love when a teacher messes up actually and most of them hear a lot worse at home !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Got caught out twice earlier today in a downpour of April Showers on two separate outings. Happy to be home and dry! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement