Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Being told I am an enigma. That's just because someone is trying to label me.

The brilliant scarlet of haws on the hawthorn hedges. Going to make ketchup from them.

Wondering if some kind of seed and cuttings bank could be organised on the gardening forum as I have a very plentiful garden and would love to share.

There are things I myself would be deeply thankful for. If by post. I have so little .I have had to leave plants at ever rental and it fair breaks my heart.. pm me? happy to pay postage. I did put a request on the gardening forum but no replies

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Remembered to hit the play now button doing my euromillions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Got loads done outside today. Planted wallflowers and irises for spring, summer raspberry plants for June, cut and edged the lawn. I've earned a few minutes messing on the internet. A day to be happy to be healthy and looking forward to my flowers next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

When I'm cooking, I usually crush up garlic by hand.
    I found tubes of garlic puree in Aldi on Sunday. They are so handy.
    Its the little things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The brilliant scarlet of haws on the hawthorn hedges. Going to make ketchup from them.

Wondering if some kind of seed and cuttings bank could be organised on the gardening forum as I have a very plentiful garden and would love to share.

There's a plant and seed swap thread. Nice to swap surpluses.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=111271397#post111271397

• Advertisement

Happy to have had a lovely day to get winter ready. Got patio set disassembled and put away, cleaned the chimney and tidied borders. Very happy to see next year's bulbs breaking ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

The boss isn’t in tomorrow!!! When the cats away .....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Watching Gogglebox

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

honeybear wrote:

And the Ireland game on at 11.15 and all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Having a working radiator in my bedroom. When I lived at home the past four years (before moving out) I was relying on hot water bottles and storage heaters for warmth but my room was always cold.

This is great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

honeybear wrote: »

My noisy work neighbour is out tomorow as well.

The Boardsie Sheep reveal starts tomorrow.. Whoop whoop..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

What's this? Boardsie sheep?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

New Home wrote: »
    What's this? Boardsie sheep?

Game in Forum Games forum.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058014815

Same as Family Fortunes scoring, guess the most popular answer from all entrants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

my days off, I love them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Archeron

A massive bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes and a pint of ice cold milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The Boardsie Sheep reveal starts tomorrow.. Whoop whoop..

Am eagerly awaiting my my prize to add to my collection of wooden spoons !
    I didn't know there was a list of names until after I submitted my entry dammit :D

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Am eagerly awaiting my my prize to add to my collection of wooden spoons !
    I didn't know there was a list of names until after I submitted my entry dammit :D

The list was unusable. There's more than a thousand entries for every letter of the alphabet. I would have been there forever, so I just winged it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The list was unusable. There's more than a thousand entries for every letter of the alphabet. I would have been there forever, so I just winged it in the end.

Lol , it'll be a fun reveal for sure , and I wouldn't have went through the list in that case either tbh !

off topic but have you ever made rowan jelly? delicious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Graces7 wrote: »

off topic but have you ever made rowan jelly? delicious!

I have :) Nice with pork, or gamey meats. Need to find a stand of Rowan as the one in my hedge is deep in the hedge and inaccessible.

Happy at the rows of blackberry jam and juice, and rose hip syrup....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Had to text the young manager today about work tomorrow because the one I really needed to talk to wouldn’t return my calls. Anyway he told me we have cocktail training tomorrow!!! Cocktail training!! Unreal!

Email this afternoon asking about the possibility of an updated preface to a book and a new epilogue if possible. I said I'm past writing epilogues but could update a preface in a couple of hours - lo and behold, the publisher was more than happy and a nice little advance as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Sulking because Grand Designs didn’t make the long list for the Boards Best TV Show Ever!

The look and smell of a freshly cleaned fridge.

honeybear wrote: »
    Sulking because Grand Designs didn’t make the long list for the Boards Best TV Show Ever!

I'm sulking too because TWD got knocked out. But should these be in TA thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Goodigal

Being able to listen to YouTube in work this afternoon because there was nobody else in the office. Had a full on 80s love in - from Michael McDonald to Tom Petty to Lionel Richie to Aha to Tears for Fears. Brilliant songs!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Having the window open listening to Lorenzo howl outside. Nice and toasty in my bed watching the Dark Knight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I watched the rugby match with my class today (mild general learning difficulties class of infants). I explained some rules to them and they got so into it. They coloured Irish flags, made Irish flags with bricks, one girl drew the match and coloured it red and green for Russia and Ireland and another little girl drew all the players with their green jerseys. I was so proud of them, they showed such interest and understanding. It's amazing all of the little things they did today. Such little cuties!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement