Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Had very little energy before I went to the gym today. Went anyway and ended up having a really good leg workout and felt a million times better after it

I met two puppies today. A German Shepherd puppy and a Newfie puppy. Omg both so cute!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Watching my two older cats sitting by the door washing themselves so zealously and with such concentration after munching raw chicken... simple creatures... food and affection. Not a hair left unwashed!

we can learn from them; says she munching her toast contentedly! settling for a snooze!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

When you are in heavy traffic on the M50 and the tosser who is zig zagging through traffic is falling further and further behind you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Pleasant greetings from people you meet while out for a walk.

Everybody seems in good form this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The light as I was driving into work this morning was magical. No wonder people believed in fairies and all that.

I went for coffee and a scone earlier, an elderly man sat at my table as the other empty tables were near the door and there was a cold wind coming in every time the door was opened, we had our coffee and chatted away in a very relaxed way as he was a really lovely man,the silences weren't even awkward, anyway I got up to leave and said goodbye and he said "Thank you so much for your company ",I just thought it was a lovely thing to say and totally unnecessary as I really enjoyed the chat with him,some people are just genuinely lovely .

I went for coffee and a scone earlier, an elderly man sat at my table as the other empty tables were near the door and there was a cold wind coming in every time the door was opened, we had our coffee and chatted away in a very relaxed way as he was a really lovely man,the silences weren't even awkward, anyway I got up to leave and said goodbye and he said "Thank you so much for your company ",I just thought it was a lovely thing to say and totally unnecessary as I really enjoyed the chat with him,some people are just genuinely lovely .

You made his day a joy. Thank you!

Happy flowers….

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

glitch

• Advertisement

Fresh green shoots poking up from the compost. I planted spring bulbs I forgot to plant last year and I was worried they weren't viable. Looks like every single one is growing. Randy uncles (ranunculus) and anemones.

These little things to look forward to really break up the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Coffee with a friend. Chats, laughter and smiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Putting my feet up, literally now with tea and a Picnic bar after a manic but productive day at work.

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Has an unplanned school pick up this afternoon. Lovely to have a chat with our grandson and a bit of a laugh together.

I left my car at my parents house and went away with my mum in her car yesterday. One of my tyres was very low on air so my Dad went and filled it for me while I was gone and since I was also low on petrol he put some in the tank for me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭TheFortField

I found an envelope with €250 in an old handbag while I was clearing out my wardrobe this evening. It was such an unexpected delight.

I’m going to put it towards a weekend away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

When grieving people don't lose their appetite.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I found an envelope with €250 in an old handbag while I was clearing out my wardrobe this evening. It was such an unexpected delight.

I’m going to put it towards a weekend away :)

I love when that kind of stuff happens :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

...was that YOUR handbag????

cjmc wrote: »
    I love when that kind of stuff happens :)
    It certainly is a nice feeling.

However, the pessimist in me is looking at the appliances in my kitchen/utility room - I’m half expecting one of them to break down - that’s what usually happens when I’m feeling a bit flush :D

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    ...was that YOUR handbag????
    Haha!! Yes, it was my handbag.

Th the way I always find something good when I tidy extra thoroughly. Maybe money or my favourite jewellery or pair of gloves. It's like a reward for making the extra effort.

A real Th for me lately, no longer looking gaunt, and now having my curves back again. Enjoying good food again. A healthy glow and bouncy hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Widdershins "randy uncles" that made me laugh.

madmaggie wrote: »
    Widdershins "randy uncles" that made me laugh.
    I have Angry Panthers as well. Agapanthus :)

I have Angry Panthers as well. Agapanthus :)

they are on my wish list. yearn...

Happy in a way that I finally sorted out my bank manager on the phone y'day! YAY! Long overdue :eek: And all in perfect courtesy...;)

Happy too that all is prepared and set here whatever the weather does . They know re the shopping etc and have been reassured that whatever they do or not is fine by me. Hate folk to be worried when they have other needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Two posh Americans just got on a near empty Dublin bus and asked the driver which seats are theirs, he told them anywhere, but a window seat is an extra fiver.. love some good humor

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Food shopping.
    I adore it!
    I could wander the shopping aisles all day, looking at the packaging of products, how food is displayed and all things retail.
    On holidays? One of the first places I'll go to is the local supermarket to see all the local foods!
    Feel lucky each time to buy food to provide for my family. I know theres many who may find food shopping a financial stress.
    Makes my wife very happy I take care of it too!

Being told I am an enigma. That's just because someone is trying to label me.

The brilliant scarlet of haws on the hawthorn hedges. Going to make ketchup from them.

Wondering if some kind of seed and cuttings bank could be organised on the gardening forum as I have a very plentiful garden and would love to share.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Being told I am an enigma. That's just because someone is trying to label me.

The brilliant scarlet of haws on the hawthorn hedges. Going to make ketchup from them.

Wondering if some kind of seed and cuttings bank could be organised on the gardening forum as I have a very plentiful garden and would love to share.

I think there is Widdershins , New Home should be able to tell you for certain .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement