Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

branie2 wrote: »
    Going on holiday to Spain two weeks this Friday

What part we going too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Nerja in the Costa del Sol

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I'll meet you in the airport :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Autosport wrote: »
    I'll meet you in the airport :D

I'll be hiding in a suitcase

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Forgetting my shopping list but remembering everything on it. I feel epic! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Went into the bosses office to ask him for a set of keys. He asked how we were getting on, I said “grand, no fear of me” to which he replied “I never had any fear with you”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭its_steve116

I'm going to my friend's stag in Belfast on Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Dieting like a mofo for the last 2 weeks... having a pizza now

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Good friends who really care, and who cheer you up when you need it most.

Something that happened at work today. One of the newer lads was asked by the manager to go out and get some cream. He was asked to get 4 cartons. Yer man comes back with 4 of the shallow boxes that cream is displayed in, full of cream, €86 worth :D cracked me up for a good five minutes when I heard :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Actually I always feel sorry for shop/deli workers wen somebody says ''Give me a few sausages/chicken legs/etc'' How many is a few?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Lovely! Been there a few times, great place.

TA Currently in Madrid but only here a day and a half, off to Salamanca tomorrow, Plasencia on Thursday then Caceres on Friday for a wedding. Havent booked the last 3 nights of our trip so may have to spend then back here, so much to see and do!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Being able to wear a dress . This is the weather I've been waiting for .

So looking forward to going out at the weekend now.

The sheer joy of the 2-year-old and his toilet training. I never remember it being this much fun before. A few disasters in the first 3 or 4 weeks but the fun the minute he shouts "Leithreas!" and I put on the siren and he giggles and laughs his way as we run through the house to the toilet.

Last night he actually stopped in the hallway when he saw his bike (the cycling of which is another big, very recent achievement for him) and insisted he was going to cycle his bike to the toilet for the first time. So he did! Cycling through the house and arriving in style (I was the garda clearing the, eh, "roads" and stopping the, eh, "traffic" on the way through the house), insisting that he gets off the bike on his own and pulls himself on to the toilet on his own. Big sighs, followed by a deadly serious quantitative and qualitative analysis at the end of, well, everything.

And the love - he's just exuding it. He just loves hugs and climbing on to the settee and hugging whoever is there and telling them how much he loves them, usually verbatim as 'love you so much - whole wide world' followed by hand movements in the shape of a globe! Such a thoroughly lovely time in life right now. Long may it continue.

Going to see Rocketman at the cinema tomorrow.

Sorry, I'm actually seeing it on Friday! :o

The Jack Reacher novels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Infonovice

builders working next door. one keeps breaking out in random (bad)singing.
    very funny:)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

The woofer got a haircut, smells lovely and looks very pretty.

Bumped into an aunt and cousin in town, had a lovely catch up and got free coffee out of it :D

Finalising plans to go to the big shmoke this Saturday for the night to go on the town.

It’s the little things :)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Listening here to my 5 yr old “big girl” sing (roar) her favourite song Jolene :pac: :pac: guaranteed to put a smile on your face :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Party tomorrow night... wedding on Sunday..and off work Monday... happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭TK Lemon

I usually arrive early for work (1 hour today!).
    I get that people would probably stay in bed for that little while longer, but...

I’ve had a nice coffee, Spotify on and catching up on Boards.

Feel set up for the day. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

The weekend is nearly here again

My new Daniel Wellington watch, an early birthday present from my mam :D

Rocketman was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

TH that my code for my new landline VOIP phone arrived...and it works on my iPad.:D

For all the people without a flatrate and still used to real phones who want to talk to me. I could live without it. :p

Another TH is the installation of my favourite photo software on my netbook. What an act to trick around the safety software. Funny day today...usually nothing works.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

My contract states 3 months probation in my job. Tis pretty standard, others places I've worked had 6 months. Got called into a meeting with the bosses and told I passed and HR would be informed. Only been five weeks. I've passed probation in other jobs sure but certainly never happened me so early. Gonna call in sick next week :cool: *joking*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Tex-ting my 18 months separated friend, the exit poll results in the divorce ref!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

mikemac2 wrote: »
    My contract states 3 months probation in my job. Tis pretty standard, others places I've worked had 6 months. Got called into a meeting with the bosses and told I passed and HR would be informed. Only been five weeks. I've passed probation in other jobs sure but certainly never happened me so early. Gonna call in sick next week :cool: *joking*

Well done you your I love hearing stories like this, your TH makes me TH, also your user name reminds me of a very good childhood friend - so many happy memories.

• Advertisement

Getting a belated birthday present a while ago - a minted Michael Collins coin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement