Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. It's very nice of ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Congrats Bones and Farty :) This pizza and ice cream room sounds amazing :D Any room for one more to move in aswell??? I can babysit Boom :D

My TA is that a co-worker thought I had a new man in my life and was quizzing me about that man that was chatting to me at lunchtime and I then told her that the man is my Father (to be fair he looks younger than his age which is 70) :D Lunch date with my daddy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Autosport wrote:
    Congrats Bones and Farty This pizza and ice cream room sounds amazing Any room for one more to move in aswell??? I can babysit Boom

I want pizza & ice-cream now.

Autosport wrote:
    My TA is that a co-worker thought I had a new man in my life and was quizzing me about that man that was chatting to me at lunchtime and I then told her that the man is my Father (to be fair he looks younger than his age which is 70) Lunch date with my daddy

Are you still not willing to go public about us?

:p

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I want pizza & ice-cream now.

Are you still not willing to go public about us?

:p

Ted I think I am very public about us :D

Think of poor Seph ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Being right :D Suspected my friend is pregnant (not trivial!) and she is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

John Wicks Chapter 3 - Parabellum was very good.

What are the little acts of kindness which lift your spirits?

Each morning, the receptionist at my workplace gives me a wink when I come in the door, and I give her a wink back. I think it began because I often forget my swipe card, so she'd immediately buzz me in when I arrive. Now it's habit, and it really cheers me up first thing on a Monday morning.

When he was alive, my Dad used to lightly touch my Mum on the head when he'd walk past and she was sitting down; and if she was busying herself around the kitchen, she'd pet him on the shoulder or something instead of just brushing past. I never used to notice it until I was an adult, and realised it was a sweet, almost imperceptible acknowledgement of "There you are now; I care about you". I'm sure that kind of attitude was elemental to their successful relationship.

So what are the tiny acts of affection, kindness or empathy (even between strangers) that cheer you up or improve your day?

And also, in case you forget, you could really brighten someone's day by giving little signs of affection (smile), or random acts of kindness towards strangers. It takes little effort, but you'd never know how uplifting it might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭Allinall

When spellcheck doesn't kick in and make you look a right weirdo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Something like Trivial Things That Make You Happy?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057855279

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Something like Trivial Things That Make You Happy?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057855279
    I had been thinking of signs of affection and care towards each other, but yeah, it probably belongs there.

• Advertisement

I was in Gort this afternoon. I had a nice time there

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Cooking. Taking a break from studying to make a Thai green curry for the first time ever.

I also had steak cooked medium last night for the first time. My ex was right, it is so much nicer than well done.

So, in summary, food makes me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Nice people. Boardsies included. Also just booked a wine tasting tour for July in France. So I’ll be getting my practice on between now and then :pac:

Trying a bratwurst sausage today for the first time; it was delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Nice people. Boardsies included. Also just booked a wine tasting tour for July in France. So I’ll be getting my practice on between now and then :pac:

So... a drinking holiday , great idea :D

TH , it's a lovely evening here now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

branie2 wrote: »
    Trying a bratwurst sausage today for the first time; it was delicious

A trip to Germany for some more bratwurst and German beer is in order for you !

I recommend Cologne, amazing city. Cheap Ryanair route from Ireland too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Three things make me TH. My bed, QI and Terry's chocolate oranges.

Am in the first, watching the second while eating the third right now. Happy out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Dippy & Dappy Duck were in their house when I went to shut them in for the night ... usually we have a game of Hide ‘n Seek!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

What a weekend.:)

Yesterday i got the luggage rack for my cycle for free and today free wifi from my neighbor. No expensive mobile connection any more.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

It’s ice cream special offer season. Icebergers €3 in Supervalu ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Poochie05 wrote: »
    It’s ice cream special offer season. Icebergers €3 in Supervalu ;)

Ya fekker.

I am going to be big as a house because of this & be TA'd at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

When you make a mug of coffee that's just perfect (seldom happens ) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Got my insurance renewal quote last week so I called them today to see if they can do better and they knocked €42 off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Had to work extra long.hours last week, so left work early today.

Enough time to mow the lawn, bring the dog for a nice long walk, go for a.bike ride...all in the sunshine!

Now waiting for a takeaway, nice glass of red, and the final episode of Game of Thrones !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Felt a bit out of sorts when I got home from work. Decided to ring my mam for a chat and it cheered me right up

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I had a canvassar call to the door a while ago. Not much chat out of him just the usual exchange of pleasantries. Off he went next door and so on so forth and next thing his elderly mam arrives at the door with her car parked outside. All she said to me was “that was my son there. Don’t vote for him he’s only a feckin ejit” :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,187 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I suppose it's about myself. I dont get worked up about little things compared to other people or if it's something more serious I try and not add fuel to the fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Neames wrote: »
    Had to work extra long.hours last week, so left work early today.

Enough time to mow the lawn, bring the dog for a nice long walk, go for a.bike ride...all in the sunshine!

Now waiting for a takeaway, nice glass of red, and the final episode of Game of Thrones !
    Were you still in a good mood after watching that? :p

Someone making me smile :)

• Advertisement

Going on holiday to Spain two weeks this Friday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement