Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Courier delivering a cordless drill I ordered this morning.
    On a Sunday :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Infonovice

being asked was I french because I look so chic/chique ! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,187 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Infonovice wrote: »
    being asked was I french because I look so chic/chique ! :pac:

I got asked before was I from the middle east!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

me asked if im polish or russian :pac:

(im not btw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Infonovice

I got asked before was I from the middle east!

Mmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Getting to go for a run by the coast in this beautiful weather.

Struggled with the last 2km but the perfect motivational song came on my Spotify. The State of Love and Trust by Pearl Jam. Love it when that happens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I do city breaks now and again (not a humble brag, very much budget style) and I’ll usually have a day ticket for the public transport

Well growing up when our town council introduced these scratch card style parking tickets it was the done thing to pass it onto someone when leaving so that is what I do now

If I’m heading back to the hotel and see someone at a bus stop or train station ticket machine I give to them. I may not have a word of the language but it’s always graciously accepted. :)

And once when I was in Berlin someone gave me their day pass, yaay

Also I was stretching in the sitting room on the floor and the dog came over and plonked herself down beside me looking for belly rubs. She hasn’t done that in months. I gladly complied. 14/10 would give all the belly rubs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

I get asked by every taxi driver in Dublin if I'm from cork...I'm not...and it's the wrong thread for a TA :D
    I'm TH to tell them I'm not :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Went for a spin with my two best friends this evening. Had the best laugh I’ve had in ages, feeling really good after it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Wexford strawberries and cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

BLONDE HAIR !:p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

madmaggie wrote: »
    Wexford strawberries and cream.

They are the best.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Another nice boardies sending me a book :D this time "A street cat named bob" with a nice note in it :D they were very cheeky though, on the note they claim lyons's rules all :O and sent me one lyons teabag! :O the cheek :D :pac: .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Another nice boardies sending me a book :D this time "A street cat named bob" with a nice note in it :D they were very cheeky though, on the note they claim lyons's rules all :O and sent me one lyons teabag! :O the cheek :D :pac: .

Can't imagine who would do that Seph

*scratches head in confusion * :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

A genius. No, an EVIL genius! That's who! :D

Autosport*, how could you?! :pac:

(*Probably not her, but shur...)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

^ It wasn't me, I'm not that cruel ;)

Heard a song on this morning and I keep humming it :) My new favourite song :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Meal with my family yesterday for my birthday
    Shopping today in Galway with birthday money and book vouchers

One of my co-workers kids came into the office with her dad last night and was really shy around me, which wouldn’t be like her. After a while she asked me for my autograph and a photo with me cos she’d seen me on telly recently and wanted to show off to her friends. Made my week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Being able to help my neighbour. It was a very small thing to me, but important to her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

not trivial but someone I know went to rehab and it looks like he's made his breakthrough . I'm reading his reflections on Facebook and I'm genuinely moved .
    We all need to look out for each other a bit more (says she who forgets that everyone's human too)

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

People who give me a good reason to unfriend them on Facebook. Most recent one is accusing people of stalking them for not responding to their posts. This person sent me a request and have never reacted to any of my posts LOL now I know what they are up to.

I have decided to unfriend anyone who posts this particular one. I really am doing them a favour reducing their list of possible stalkers.

The trivially happy part is that I have dramatically reduced the amount of crap on my page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Went out to say hello to the mare today. She is on a bit of a weight Management program, so is living in the gallops around the field.

She and her bestie were down the back of it. I called and called and was ignored. I started walking over and was ignored again.

I took the apple out of my pocket and took a bite, and low and behold she heard that and came cantering over! She does make me laugh... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Hi :D I haven't been on here for ages! I missed reading all your TH's. Hope everyone is doing well!!!

My TH is I'm back here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TH Kat is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Ordered a dress on Littlewoods that was on sale there, but not on the Oasis website. Went out of stock in my size after ordering (I get a weird kick out of getting the last one left of things) and it fits like a glove. Hello Spain on Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Was thinking last night that I needed to get my eyebrows waxed and that I must make an appointment for Friday. Today the spa manager came into the bar and asked us if we needed any waxing done for free as she’s training someone in. So free eyebrow wax on Friday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Or no eyebrows.:eek::pac:

TH that i found a new taste for my vaping liquid: Gauvre from Solube

Perfect waffle taste....:D

At road races when kids have their hands out for high fives as you run past. Always makes me smile

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

KatW4 wrote: »
    Hi :D I haven't been on here for ages! I missed reading all your TH's. Hope everyone is doing well!!!

My TH is I'm back here :)

Th you're back, glad to see you back :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement