Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Graces7 wrote: »
    I think it is the eyes.. they are full on with contact..We find that threatening sometimes.

Find the cat? And yes he was birdwatching!

I love it when cats climbs trees :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Got a 2nd interview for the job I applied for. Fingers crossed. :)

northgirl wrote: »
    Got a 2nd interview for the job I applied for. Fingers crossed. :)

And you giving out like shiite about them the other day :pac:

Well done :)

kfallon wrote: »
    And you giving out like shiite about them the other day :pac:

Well done :)

I know. My bad. Must be more patient... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

Graces7 wrote: »
    I think it is the eyes.. they are full on with contact..We find that threatening sometimes.

yeah they seem to crouch and stare. It's very intimidating.
    little cute fluffy secret ninja type stare.
    I don't know if staring back is bad, I don't think you are supposed to do that to them.
    I do, because I am fearing for my life walking past one:D

northgirl wrote: »
    I know. My bad. Must be more patient... :pac:

Celebratory bowl of cornflakes? :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

little cut fluffy secret ninja type stare.
    I don't know if staring back is bad, I don't think you are supposed to do that to them.

Give them a slow blink. It tells them that you're not threatening. If you get a slow blink back from them you're sorted.

kfallon wrote: »
    Celebratory bowl of cornflakes? :pac:

You underestimate me..

Currently eating celebratory McFlurry. To be followed by celebratory Caramel Sundae.... :pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

little cut fluffy secret ninja type stare.

If they blink at you slowly blink back, its a sign of trust :3, I'm always doing it to the local kitties :o .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

I was surprised when a goat wandered into my garden at 4 this afternoon - then seemed to hypnotise the dog, and both stalked each other since. I was genuinely sorry when the owners were eventually contacted, and came to be reunited with Molly (yes, Molly) 10 minutes ago. A pet goat, yes - I will seriously consider it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

quickbeam wrote: »
    Give them a slow blink. It tells them that you're not threatening. If you get a slow blink back from them you're sorted.
    If they blink at you slowly blink back, its a sign of trust :3, I'm always doing it :o .

I'll brave it and see where it gets me:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

My poor cat has a damaged nerve in one eye .So when he does his slow trusting blink it looks like he is doing a sexy wink !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I was surprised when a goat wandered into my garden at 4 this afternoon - then seemed to hypnotise the dog, and both stalked each other since. I was genuinely sorry when the owners were eventually contacted, and came to be reunited with Molly (yes, Molly) 10 minutes ago. A pet goat, yes - I will seriously consider it now.

We had them years ago. Good for milk etc., if you like it, but damned stubborn clueless animals that would eat the clothes off the line. Good for clearing a bit of scrubland though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I love it when cats climbs trees :D

That particular cat became expert at it as this lad , a feral who adopted me, used to chase my cats up trees all the time, then sit at the bottom so they could not get down,,

little cute fluffy secret ninja type stare.

(((HUGS)))

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Went for McFlurries with the OH this evening. It's the little things :D

Had a goat called Poppy.. Loved her. used to take her for walks . She loved to hide in the ditch and lea p out at cars,,;

One of the cats is SNORING loudly. ;)

More amused than anything else. Dog came to me looking.. worried. When I went into the kitchen she ran to her bed..and there is Jacob-cat,curled up in her doggie duvet ,fast asleep,, Dog;s nose is out of joint.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I cooked dinner for 11 people yesterday!
    11 f*ckig people!!!!

Every plate was cleared.

I'm not going to lie, it feels good to see lots of full bellies and satisfied faces :)

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I cooked dinner for 11 people yesterday!
    11 f*ckig people!!!!

Every plate was cleared.

I'm not going to lie, it feels good to see lots of full bellies and satisfied faces :)

Now where are you again? If everyone who thanked you ;)

Happy to know how to post photos Merci Mille Fois, New Home ;)

Knowing we have many knitters here..Used to make these to sell on my stall.. Kids loved them and looked so cute..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Down and out with a dose at the moment, that's not made me trivially happy!
    but work were great despite my stubborn attempts to go in anyway and a neighbour texted to make sure I was ok because the car hadn't moved all weekend...
    So today my th is helpful caring people, and the fact that I have more of them than I realise in my life... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

TH Ballyvourney puddings, mash and beans dinner just about ready. Comfort on a plate, badly needed in the wind and lashing rain.

The hats are really cute Grace7 !!!

Full stomach, fire blazing, no hassle, pleasantly tired from enjoyable activity and nothing that needs doing tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

Dancing around my kitchen lip-syncing to songs has made me TH this evening!

This makes me very TH - memories of a great holiday in the Caribbean :)

https://youtu.be/2qunog47EVo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Anything but trivial.... I just found an Easter egg I bought and never gave to anybody!

• Advertisement

TG1 wrote: »
    Anything but trivial.... I just found an Easter egg I bought and never gave to anybody!

I love it when something like that happens.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement