Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

New Home wrote:
    I went for a walk around a field, and by the hedge I crossed paths with a young hare who promptly hopped away. They're beautiful!

This reminds me, during the snow, we were walking through a field and we could see hare, fox and rabbit prints in the snow. It was so lovely!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My sister sent us a pic of my nephew smiling :o:D and my brother sent us pictures of my niece in her little cardigan that was knitted specially for her :3 two beautiful babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

My sister sent us a pic of my nephew smiling :o:D and my brother sent us pictures of my niece in her little cardigan that was knitted specially for her :3 two beautiful babies.

Pictures of nieces and nephews are gaurenteed happy makers! I got one today of my niece, I saw her a week ago but she is getting bigger every day at the moment!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I overheard my neighbour's older grandchild (he's the ripe old age of five) earlier on. He got out of his grandfather's car earlier, and declared, "Hi Uncle, I got a haircut!". The way he said it and his deportment were hilarious. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A new one...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Yes, that did work. :)

448200.JPG

That is their womb pose! Sorting out feet and heads takes a while

I have a couple of knitting ones for another day..takes about 1o minutes to get my head round it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TG1 wrote: »
    Pictures of nieces and nephews are gaurenteed happy makers! I got one today of my niece, I saw her a week ago but she is getting bigger every day at the moment!

Yes, I must say I'm very proud to be an Uncle :o:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Yes, I must say I'm very proud to be an Uncle :o:D

Wait until we all start posting cute pictures of our grandchildren, nieces and nephews to rival all the cats. ;)

Where will it end?

• Advertisement

At the 10,000th post? ;)

Wait until we all start posting cute pictures of our grandchildren, nieces and nephews to rival all the cats. ;)

Where will it end?

I'm sorry but.....the Kitties will prevail......

(Kidding!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Nine blooms ready to open on a Camellia I have nursed for four years from a cutting.

I have a thriving camellia from a cutting off a plant from my grandmother's garden. She died over 30 years ago so it is very treasured. Here in the south east it has been blooming since before Storm Emma and somehow survived!

448204.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,867 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Granddaughter said to me in the kitchen ,
    Nanny , look (pointing towards the light) , a gumble bee and a cry..

Two flies :D

Gumblebee....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I have a thriving camellia from a cutting off a plant from my grandmother's garden. She died over 30 years ago so it is very treasured. Here in the south east it has been blooming since before Storm Emma and somehow survived!

448204.jpeg

Mine fall after a couple of days and seem to die very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Ice-Cream & Bubblegum TV..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Poochie05 wrote: »
    ]

I get great happiness from the memories plants in the garden give me, as many are cuttings or seedlings from places we visited over the years or from the gardens of friends (some long gone); the Camellia is from the garden of a good, well known, friend in the UK. His wife Jane planted the parent plant less than a year before she died, so I'm thrilled this one is doing so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Graces7 wrote: »
    A new one...

Halleluia (in mass mode) !
    I can finally see these cats everyone was talking about !

AND THEY'RE SO FLUFFY ! :eek::D

Here, I'll contribute one, it's not a very clear pic, but I like it because it looks like she doesn't quite know what to do with her tail... she's got no manners this one.

TH we're nice and cosy inside and it's howling out, and I started watching a series on Netflix that ticks all the boxes for me yesterday so I'm going to watch another episode as soon as the children are dispatched to their beds.
    That is, in a few minutes :cool::pac:
    448207.jpg

^^^ Stretched out like she owns the gaff :3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Heard husband at the hall door calling in the cat . Cat not moving and staring at him as if he is mad . Husband shouts at cat to get .... in now . Cat sits staring , not blinking . Husband shuts door in a mood and goes back into his armchair where our cat is now fast asleep on the warm patch .
    He was calling in the wrong cat ! Ours was sneaking on to his pre warmed armchair tittering under his breath
    " he should have gone to specsavers"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

New Home wrote: »
    Yes, that did work. :)

448200.JPG

Ah would ye look at the two fluff balls all tangled up together. Thank you Graces7 and New Home.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Can I get a Hell Yeah for beer n pizza?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Can I get a Hell Yeah for beer n pizza?

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

I prob should post in the TA post that I will have to leave this 1 of my fav threads as I absolutely can't abide cats and all the cats talk and pics aren't making me TH

I prob should post in the TA post that I will have to leave this 1 of my fav threads as I absolutely can't abide cats and all the cats talk and pics aren't making me TH

https://gph.is/1rQm8b2

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Took my 15 month old to the playground this morning. He crawled into a little play tunnel and thought this was hilarious! I went from one side to the other trying to coax him out for over ten minutes while he roared with laughter (too fat to go in after him myself). Eventually I asked a three year old boy to see if he could coax him out and he did better than me! Of course he was destroyed from crawling around on the tarmac but Daddy got him changed and Mommy was none the wiser!
    'How did ye get on at the park?'........ 'grand!'.

trying again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

We brought our older dog to the vet yesterday. She has a few niggly things that we wanted to get looked at but nothing specific. She is old so we kind of just want to keep an eye on her and not have anything sneak up on us.

So we went into the vet anyway and went through everything with the vet and it turns out, she's healthy! She's deaf, there's nothing that can be done about that, for the most part, it's funny.
    She's overweight, she has problems with anxiety (she's a rescue) and literally eats EVERYTHING so there's nothing we can about that.
    She is always scratching at her mouth, particularly after eating so we thought she might have some cavities or tartar, it turns out that all the eating she does has actually been good for her teeth and the vet said her teeth are excellent for her age! She eats stones, coal, briquettes, stones! One of the other dogs is CONSTANTLY licking inside her mouth, licking her teeth, it turns out that's probably why she has so little tartar. He's her little dentist!
    The vet also thinks she's not older than 10, because she's a rescue we have never known her age but he said she's definitely not older than 10.
    So other than being overweight, she's healthy, the vet actually described her as healthy!
    So she's definitely going to be around for a few more years anyway:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

No hangover.....an unexpected surprise :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement