Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

kfallon wrote: »
    No hangover.....an unexpected surprise :)

Give it time,it will kick in around 11am...

Happy in bed listening to the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Colser wrote: »
    Give it time,it will kick in around 11am...

Happy in bed listening to the rain.

No it defo won't, I'm in the clear :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Having done things about the house and garden yesterday when the weather allowed, because this rain has the next couple of days ruled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

THE MASS (I had to prepare) IS O-VER !

Never doing this again.
    The relief !

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Glad I have enough work knitted for a decent parcel to Canada.. hate the packaging but cannot have everything.... ;)

• Advertisement

Never doing this again.
    The relief !

I'm starting to believe you are a Priest :p
    If so I don't think this game is for you :pac:

standing outside at the back, gazing across bare fields to the ocean, face set against a sheer wind... I AM ALIVE!!!

I'm starting to believe you are a Priest :p
    If so I don't think this game is for you :pac:

:D:D
    That would be gas !

Nah, just a Mum. (and not a religious one at that)
    2 years ago, there was a Mum who's a religion teacher who offered to take the job of preparing communion/confirmation family masses from the teachers/principal in the school.
    All good intentions, and that was great while she was there to help, but this year she has no child doing either, so it was basically left to a bunch of parents who don't have a clue, like myself.

I was supposed to have a partner, who was even more bewildered and just waited for me to give him jobs that ... erm... he didn't do. I put him to good use today though.

Very very glad it's over.

And another TH is that this evening myself and the children are going to hear their father in concert. That'll be fun, he usually plays away, not on home turf much.

Never doing this again.
    The relief !

There ye go; parish workers! I bet you did it wondroulsy well too.

Graces7 wrote: »
    There ye go; parish workers! I bet you did it wondroulsy well too.

Thanks :) The priest was happy anyway, he even asked the congregation to clap for all the parents who organized all the masses. Next in line are the actual communion and confirmation masses, that we don't have to prepare obviously.

• Advertisement

Thanks :) The priest was happy anyway, he even asked the congregation to clap for all the parents who organized all the masses. Next in line are the actual communion and confirmation masses, that we don't have to prepare obviously.

Great time is May.. Sent a first communion rosary to the mother of a previous landlord; gave them , yes hand made and semi-precious beads, for the first thee of his chlldren when they reached the age, so did not want the last child to be left out

Tiny rural parish so they were each the only one each year which made it all the more special...

Love going through Dunnes and seeing all the dresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

I prob should post in the TA post that I will have to leave this 1 of my fav threads as I absolutely can't abide cats and all the cats talk and pics aren't making me TH

cats kinda terrify me, I just can't settle around them.
    although, I think they are one of the most beautiful animals to look at, & I loooove pictures of them:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I prob should post in the TA post that I will have to leave this 1 of my fav threads as I absolutely can't abide cats and all the cats talk and pics aren't making me TH

I may not be far behind you. I could say too much of a good thing is bad for you but I can't. :)

TH. Daughter number three is on her way with the newest grandchild.

solitude.

I know some people think it's not good for you, but it really really is my favourite pastime:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

solitude.

I know some people think it's not good for you, but it really really is my favourite pastime:)

Ditto.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

solitude.

Solitude is a hard won ally.

Henry Rollins

Solitude is a hard won ally.

Henry Rollins

well that put a dampner on my mood:D

edit: NOT;D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

solitude.

Ditto +2 :3

I live purposeful and directed solitude and love it

JUst the way life turned out so I embraced it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Bit the bullet and ordered myself a new pair of lovely leather mocassins from Dune. I deserve them :D

• Advertisement

northgirl wrote: »
    Bit the bullet and ordered myself a new pair of lovely leather mocassins from Dune. I deserve them :D

No picture to make us swoon?

Gave the bathroom a clean so TH'd about that

cats kinda terrify me, I just can't settle around them.
    although, I think they are one of the most beautiful animals to look at, & I loooove pictures of them:)

I think it is the eyes.. they are full on with contact..We find that threatening sometimes.

Find the cat? And yes he was birdwatching!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

A little robin perched on the tree behind us giving it absolute socks ! For sheer volume and tenacity he deserves to get his woman

Very fetching northgirl :D

TH : just watched that. Don't ask why. Summer is coming, it is.
    Watch it all, just so you can say you've seen it.
    https://youtu.be/POv-3yIPSWc

edit : the pineapple costume would do wonders for my figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    A little robin perched on the tree behind us giving it absolute socks ! For sheer volume and tenacity he deserves to get his woman

This made me laugh out loud! Go get yo' woman:pac:

Very fetching northgirl :D

well... i dunno about fetching! I'm getting old and I like my comfort :D

+ they will look great for work once I have a tan and that IS HAPPENING!!! (the tan that is ha ha)

iamwhoiam wrote: »

I was in the park recently with my friend and there was a robin nearby. She's like "hello" to the robin at which an elderly couple nearby decide it's them she's talking to and not the bird - awkward conversation ensues :pac:

• Advertisement

northgirl wrote: »
    I was in the park recently with my friend and there was a robin nearby. She's like "hello" to the robin at which an elderly couple nearby decide it's them she's talking to and not the bird - awkward conversation ensues :pac:

Brilliant :D

TH that I got up this morn at 6.40am, I will sleep no problem tonight!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement