Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Looking at apartments to rent. Finding that there are some places I could afford out in the sticks. A bit awkward as I need to be near my CF clinic but it would be worth it to have my own little place until my missus comes home :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Happy apartment hunting!

I went out for what I was expecting to be a casual 4 - 5km jog last night. I had to force myself to go out, and wasn't expecting to be out for that long in the cold.
    Ended up losing track of myself and ran 8.5km instead! And I feel great after it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Took an online IQ test just for the laugh - I'm a little bit smarter than I thought I was, which was a surprise to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I made scrambled eggs for breakfast. I left them on the side to cool down for a couple of minutes and came back to this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

A visit to the hairdressers. The pesky silvers are sorted for another while :)

• Advertisement

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I made scrambled eggs for breakfast. I left them on the side to cool down for a couple of minutes and came back to this :D

What kind of birds are those?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

RMAOK wrote: »
    What kind of birds are those?
    Cockatiels.

Decent size, Good Cappucino & nice fruit-scone in the Re café all for €4.50 on the ground floor of Arnotts department store at the Abbey street entrance. The other patrons at the tables & chairs there were the nice types too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I had bacon and eggs for lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I left the house on my own and caught a bus on my own. Yes, yes I know it's really very trivial and very much an every day thing for everyone. But it's a big thing for me, I was so nervous that it wouldn't show up or I was at the wrong stop and I'd be late for my appointment but it showed up and I was early and all is right with the world. Feel like I've just climbed Everest :pac::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Seeing one of my former lecturers on the news this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

A couple of weeks ago, I told a friend that I'd been getting persistent ear infections since November. Today, I got a parcel containing a home-made woolly hat that she made me to protect my ears from the cold. And a lovely compliment to go with it - that she thought the colour (a beautiful mustard with a blue/navy trim) would make my hair look amazing. Everyone needs a friend like this.

A car that always starts, no matter how cold it gets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Amen! to that.

And, heated seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,831 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I bought a new battery this morning, oh that sense of joy when you turn the key!

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Amen! to that.

And, heated seats.

And I was happy to have a CD player! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The heated seat cover that I bought in Aldi last year. It warms up really fast, and is great for relaxing the muscles in the back, along with a nice warm bum.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

my gas cooker! yep... faithful, heartwarming friend that cares for all needs in bad weather. ;)

Got antibiotics last night and took 2 before bed time, I'm feeling way better this morning, they really are fantastic and I always appreciate having such easy access to doctors/medication, imagine living in a poor Country and having to suffer pain needlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Parcels that turn up before expected

• Advertisement

An extra layer of clothing to keep out the cold.

Laughed at someone in the shop this morning. "There's a yellow snow warning today, according to RTE". We had always be told to avoid yellow snow, why especially today?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭blade1

TH to be back home safe after driving on some seriously slippy roads since 5.30 this morning.
    Mostly like this

rjfhh3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Laughed at someone in the shop this morning. "There's a yellow snow warning today, according to RTE". We had always be told to avoid yellow snow, why especially today?

I've done that a few times today.

We got a few lovely photos, in the post, of premature babies wearing hats Mrs S had knitted and a couple of thank you notes that brought a tear to the eye.

🧓Apparently it's Grandparents day, so we have received a couple of lovely pictures with beautiful sentiments, that the kids did in school.

Happy Grandparents Day to all you old ones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Shoveling snow off the footpath outside our house

Something relaxing about it. I am sure many ignore it and wait for the council or think it’s a hateful chore but I enjoy it !

Cleanest footpath on the street :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Bought a new shovel as I broke that last one digging a grave for a friend's dog.
    So TH that it was only €16.50 in a local hardware.
    Was expecting it to be around €40.
    Got home and done a bit of tidying with it.
    I love new tools!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Lasagne, beans and potatoes for dinner, which was very nice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

I recently becamse an uncle to a beautiful baby boy who was born on Sunday.

I haven't yet seen him in the flesh but I can't wait to hold him. Who'd have thought you could love somone so much before you even see them ♥

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement