Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

mikemac2 wrote: »
    The smallest quirkiest airport you’ll ever see. It’s a cool approach as you fly over water just before landing

There are Tesco stores bigger than the terminal. You can get from the steps of the place to the car park in under 10 minutes, maybe 5! Enjoy. Visit the cliffs while there

Don't know how they compare but when I saw your post I thought you were on about the Aran Island airport.

We were held up in traffic heading there two years ago and I rang them to ask could we book seats on the next flight.
    "Where are ye now?" I was asked,
    "I'd say about 7 or 8 miles away" I said.
    The reply was, "Ah shur that's not too bad, we'll wait for ye".

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

UNEXPECTED MONAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY

My commission plan at work changed a few months ago and being an idiot I didn't read it at the time. Got a payout of a few grand yesterday, which made logging into my online banking a real thrill of an experience this morning :):):)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

UNEXPECTED MONAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY

My commission plan at work changed a few months ago and being an idiot I didn't read it at the time. Got a payout of a few grand yesterday, which made logging into my online banking a real thrill of an experience this morning :):):)

Brilliant! Pints are on you so :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

mikemac2 wrote: »
    The smallest quirkiest airport you’ll ever see.
    About ten years ago myself and my sister were flying out of Galway airport to London. It was our first time there. We decided to go through security and kill time looking in the shops. So we go through the rigmaroll of taking off shoes, belts, getting our bags scanned etc and then went through..............to basically a shed which was the waiting area lol. It was literally a concrete bunker with benches :pac: We thought that as Galway is bigger than Knock it would be a proper airport :o So back we went to wait in the cafe until closer to our flight time.

Unfortunately that airport has shut down. It was really handy but the airport fees were astronomical. The airline (I forget which one) was going a special offer of flights to London for 20c each way, which of course I snapped up but the taxes were an extra €75 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Got my virgin bb and tv installed in my living room! Faster bb in my bedroom!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,099 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Halloween is over . Phew !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Went to see Bohemian Rhapsody last night and what a film :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Got loads done today that I'd been putting off. Busy bee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Getting a compliment from someone you think is better looking than you. My flatmate last night said I was the best dressed of all of us :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Seeing stars after meeting a guy I'm starting to fall for. All warm and fuzzy but terrified too. More TH than TA though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

northgirl wrote: »
    Seeing stars after meeting a guy I'm starting to fall for. All warm and fuzzy but terrified too. More TH than TA though :)

Enjoy and be happy , delighted for you NG !

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Enjoy and be happy , delighted for you NG !

Thanks Mam :) I don't know if it's 1-sided or not but it doesn't feel that way. Time will tell. Will enjoy for now. Thank you :):)

Thanks Mam :) I don't know if it's 1-sided or not but it doesn't feel that way. Time will tell. Will enjoy for now. Thank you :):)

Exactly NG , go with it and see how it goes , and enjoy the rollercoaster of emotions :)

I'm happy that NG is happy and don't worry we'll sort out that house mate for you ;)

Autosport wrote: »
    I'm happy that NG is happy and don't worry we'll sort out that house mate for you ;)

Roadtrip !

Roadtrip !

Oohh and I've reached 11,000 posts :D Double happiness

Celebratory roadtrip so :D

Great posting btw :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You do realise it's quality , not quantity, that counts don't you?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Ffftts, that's nothing.

You do realise it's quality , not quantity, that counts don't you?

:D

And to think I liked you :P :D

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Ffftts, that's nothing.

Can't even be happy for me Ted :(

:P :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I rewatched a movie that came out a few years ago. After the movie, I was reading through the Boards thread for it. I read a particular post that I thought was well written and I completely agreed with it. I went to thank it but found the thank button was missing.

Turns out it was a post I wrote myself a few years ago. Good to know I still agree with myself. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

A fly buzzing around my room just got caught in a cobweb. People think I'm lazy for not knocking down cobwebs, but no, they are organic fly catchers. That's my story, and I'll keep saying it! (I wonder could I market that idea, Genuine Irish Organic Fly Catchers)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

I was chatting to someone the other day and all of a sudden I went into psychosis (which is something that happens when I get really stressed and I start hearing voices), I started to talk aloud as I was hearing voices, the other person said to me 'aspie you're talking to yourself again'. This made me laugh and I made a joke of it at the time. Having psychosis is extremely frightening but I try to make light of a bad situation:)

Roadtrip !

Thank you Auto :D

An unexpected e-mail from my crush this morning checking in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

An unexpected e-mail from my crush this morning checking in :)

It had better be a big do!💫

Met an old friend today who has had a hip replacement. Doing very well and great to see the constant pain gone from his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My visit to the hygienist yes wasn't anything like as bloody,preachy,bruisey as I though it was going to be.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

It had better be a big do!💫

Met an old friend today who has had a hip replacement. Doing very well and great to see the constant pain gone from his face.

Early days. A complicated one so not sure what's going to happen but it's a nice distraction if nothing else.

Glad your friend is doing so well.

• Advertisement

Starting a street/african dance class next week. Super excited :D

It's been a rough ride but I am finally starting to pursue some of my dreams and goals..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement