Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭Bredabe

One of my girls is doing work experience in a vets clinic, th in itself. the clinic does a lot of work for a local charity which is donation funded. As its mostly a cat charity they are run off their feet with kitten season and the bill is cranking up.

* This am a lovely couple rang to give their credit card no, to clear half the vet's bill for the charity, the only condition is that the next group of kittens are named after their grandchildren.

The woman running the charity almost had to be hospitalised with the relief of it all.

Those grandkids have big shoes to fill.
    :):):):):):):):)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Bredabe wrote: »
    One of my girls is doing work experience in a vets clinic, th in itself. the clinic does a lot of work for a local charity which is donation funded. As its mostly a cat charity they are run off their feet with kitten season and the bill is cranking up.

* This am a lovely couple rang to give their credit card no, to clear half the vet's bill for the charity, the only condition is that the next group of kittens are named after their grandchildren.

The woman running the charity almost had to be hospitalised with the relief of it all.

You will have to excuse me, I appear to have dust in my eye!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

This time tomorrow, I'll have negotiated the early wake up, the scrambling to get everybody ready, the dash to the airport and should be sitting on an airplane in the upright position getting ready for a power nap in the air.

Hopefully there will be none of this
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Women with pixie haircuts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

When I click on this thread and it shows me the 1st post again. What a wonderful picture . Brings a smile to my face every time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I got a sandwich from Spar today. Kudos to the sandwich maker, she loaded the f*cker with meat. It's a glorious sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It’s only 27 degrees here today! Trousers and hoodie time!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TH that it'a Friday and I'm off! Haven't been off on a Friday in ages! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    TH that it'a Friday and I'm off! Haven't been off on a Friday in ages! :D

Enjoy it!! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

I am off in 10 mins go to the airport!!!!!

First match of new season tomorrow, so TH !!

And mobile perving of the lovely Mr Fed in the airport bar courtesy of Sky Go!!!!!!

See ya all after the weekend!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Half an hour left in work and then a weekend of endless possibilities awaits, we're meeting up with a gang of friends tonight that we haven't seen in ages, looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Two weeks holidays!!
    Yabbadabbadoooooooo!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,068 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

This didn't necessarily make me happy but gave my dirty mind a bit of entertainment and right ole giggle.
    I was in a pet shop today for the first time in donkey's years.
    Found myself in the dog toy section and realized that today's doggie toys are the equivalent of adult sex toys!
    Since when do dogs need anal beads and dildos??

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭Bredabe

TH That my 'I don't like the cut of your jib' boss tries to catch me on the doss on a Fri pm, soon as she starts talking, the three computers Im working with, beep to say that they are printing, upgraded and finished downloading their new apps!

And I got to do my stretches waiting for those things to happen.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

You never know what random snippets of conversations you overhear.

Was walking past the entrance to Dunnes & all I caught was.

"Do you still have them handcuffs Mary"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Fridge is restocked with ample chocolate supplies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Watching Magic Mike and getting myself all flustered.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bredabe wrote: »

Id give that charity all my money if I could :3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Fab day, after work I met family, had dinner, went for a walk, played with and snuggled a dog... All the good bits of life in about 4 hours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

In a disco bar atm and the cuteness of the girl who works there and was put in charge of the queue in The Ladies! Shes treating it like a military operation! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching The Equalizer 2 at the cinema this evening. It was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Lorelli! wrote: »
    In a disco bar atm and the cuteness of the girl who works there and was put in charge of the queue in The Ladies! Shes treating it like a military operation! :)

What will she do when unisex toilets go mainstream?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

What will she do when unisex toilets go mainstream?

Or when a couple insist on...eh...sharing a cubicle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

The people on Boards and their kindness. Honestly takes my breath away how strangers over the internet can care for one another.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

branie2 wrote: »
    Watching The Equalizer 2 at the cinema this evening. It was very good.

Saw it myself this evening, thoroughly enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

I took a risk quitting my soul crushing but well paid job in Dublin and moving continent with nothing lined up. After 8 weeks I finally have a job offer, so it looks like my risk is starting to pay off. Just in time for the weekend too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,068 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I took a risk quitting my soul crushing but well paid job in Dublin and moving continent with nothing lined up. After 8 weeks I finally have a job offer, so it looks like my risk is starting to pay off. Just in time for the weekend too.

Been there before.. it's tough with the little voice in your head trying to dissuade you but when it turns out well, it's a great feeling so enjoy!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

a day of endless possibilities ahead! Ok mostly abed with youtube and knitting, but we will see... I have food organised for the weekend, defrosting, bed remade....

The day is an open road.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

Party for my best friend tonight. Happy and excited for her. I've been hiding a surprise guest for the past couple of days, and was nearly rumbled yesterday :eek: My nerves are shattered. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Finding a large bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk as I was sorting stuff in the kitchen.. I had been sure I had not eaten it...

Really odd thing is that I ordered the same this week and they did not have it in stock...so I was facing a chocolate deprived week

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement