Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Sitting on a bench overlooking the Irish Sea . Beautiful warm fresh air and sea coming in over the stones . Bliss

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th met ginger cat on the way home from the shop, I was walking home and they just jumped out of a bush :D and came over to me meowing and were rubbing off my leg and purring mad, then I had to go and they started following me and were trying to keep pace with me meowing all the way :3 and then we got near my house and there's a kind of wooded area with trees and bushes and they must have seen something in there because they stopped and were staring intently at something and went off then :3.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

my bed always makes me happy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Met an old work friend I hadn't seen since I left the company we worked in.

We just slotted back in to conversation like the months in between hadn't happened. Love it when it works out like that! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

My flatmate's friend told me I'm the spit of Lindsay Lohan last night.

She's a stunt producer and has seen her on various film sets over the years. She was like "it's a compliment! She's gorgeous, even if she's bat crazy" :pac:

I don't have red hair and fail to see the resemblance, but I'll take it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

My 82 year old uncle had never heard of the expression 'Coffin Dodger'. He has now and is still chuckling 24 hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Found a show on Netflix called save our shelter. It's so American and so false and so posed but they find a dog a home at the end of every episode, and I swear dust gets in my eye at the end of each episode too... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The perfume of night scented stock coming in through the kitchen window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Went Bowling yesterday. Played crap for most of the game but got a strike towards the end! I was happy enough with that :)

"Talking to my 8 year old neighbour just now. He asked me why do old ladies like me drive so slowly. That's set me up for the week!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"How do you think we got so old? By not getting into car accidents caused by speed and careless driving!".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My work wife is back from adoption leave next week!
    she is coming to the 'Team Building' event tom to reconnect, th girly late lunch tom.

*Now all I have to do is all the 'housekeeping jobs' I let slide while she was away, I don't want her to feel undervalued.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Passed my six month probation in work a whole six weeks early :)

Pulling a sickie tomorrow :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Nearly home time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The drizzle held off until I was looking for an excuse to stop doing chores and pottering outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Making a pot of slightly spicy veg soup to make some room in my freezer

Picked 14kg of crab apples today and all have been appropriated for crap apple jelly already. Waste not, want no.🍏🍏

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Making a pot of slightly spicy veg soup to make some room in my freezer

working on a huge batch of jam to make room in my freezer... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Picked 14kg of crab apples today and all have been appropriated for crap apple jelly already. Waste not, want no.����

oh I used to have that when I was little ! lovely, subtle flavour.

TH I managed to get the children out and helping me with gardening. The youngest gave up quickest, but the 13 year old stayed on longer, she understood the satisfaction in it, and the pleasure of doing a worthwhile activity, at whatever pace you like, outdoors, with the prospect of lovely plants to look forward to.

That, and she had reached maximum boredom levels of course, what with the holidays dragging on for her. :p

edit : just remembered, we used to have pates de fruits too, made with crab apple among other types of fruit. These would be rectangles of jelly, dried longer so firm enough, coated in granulated sugar. Wasn't hugely fond of them at the time, but now I'd like one.

My three year old neighbour came over to pick some tomatoes and raspberries for her Mammy. I showed her what to do, and away she went, happy out. Mammy, who was with her, was highly amused.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Lovely shower this evening- was manky after tidying all day in work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

The same barista served me twice in Starbucks today and spelt my name different both times. Idk why but it made me smile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

I bought a hot chicken role at Mayfield Junction 14 earlier today. Yer man who served me was the most polite, helpful and endearing chap I've ever come across at a deli. He had probably fired out a hundred rolls already this morning but was still making a serious effort to be genuine and courteous, nothing was any hassle. I'd say one thing if there was a manager looking over his shoulder but nope, this just seemed to be the way he went about his work.

Absolute gentleman making a sincerely cracking effort at a job I'd personally hate to have. Truck on, my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Friend at work made me a Kinder Bueno milkshake tonight before I left, god it was so good :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Friend at work made me a Kinder Bueno milkshake tonight before I left, god it was so good :D

He or she is a keeper :)!

sweet fresh breeze and a pillow for my exploding head.. setting aside the words of men... bliss in silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,254 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Watching my friends reaction when Britney walked on stage. She loves and adores her and I'm glad I could help in some way :)

The prospect of a productive busy day ahead. A long list to do but I'll pick and choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

My kid might actually have a better sense of humor than me.
    Watching Mrs Doubtfire, in the scene where she drops her false teeth into her drink and he trying to recover them...he says “she is trying to get her wine gums”.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

I got called a "lovely young lady" by a an elderly lady on the plane on Friday night.

Not one word in that sentence is technically accurate but gave me a bit of a glow.

Oh and my team won Saturday!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement