Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

wildwillow wrote: »
    What with that and the iron I suggest you would be safer going back to bed till tomorrow!!

Agree 100% I wouldn't mind but I'm awake since 04.30 and had loads of time to do everything.. I have to get a tyre replaced today though as it's a death trap so work is an evil necessary :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »
    I "VERY" narrowly escaped rear-ending the car in front of me this morning. Very silly girl. :mad:

Th you're safe and no one was injured!

Th you're safe and no one was injured!

I know, very lucky! Must behave for rest of day and take it easy :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »
    I know, very lucky! Must behave for rest of day and take it easy :)

Don't be causing any mischief now :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Got in early (7am) to find the boss has decided the office is too distracting and is now giving me a task at a time via email.

So hello Boards!! Bout time I had a quiet day!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Woke up to a text from the OH asking how my back is today. Sweet :)

Just spent nearly 80 quid on 2 new tyres so I'm stuck in til payday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

A raccoon visited me last night. Cute wee fella but he did not want to make friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Txt at stupid am to say that my bits needed for my dental work will be back the one-day Im in class next month, I call and say no can do and the other dates they offered seem too far away as the area is really really sensitive.

Was cranky about this as it means I have to move my whole meds/eating routine around to allow the painkillers to take. Freaking replacement dentist seems to be on hols every second minute.

Anyway, the th is that now I have a handful of unexpectedly free days to head away before I start uni!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Th having a laugh with the lads on my course at lunch, my face aches from so much laughing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Yesterday, cycling home from the shop, as I entered my estate there were two females trying to pump up the tyre of their car with a hand pump. I don't drive, but I have an electric/electronic pump that is powered up the mains (rather than a car).

I left my shopping in my house, got the pump, and headed back to help these strangers/neighbours. It made me happy to be community-minded (especially as they were foreign). As I said, I don't drive so wouldn't know much about cars, but even before I got to it, the tyre was really hot. I just told them to be careful in case they got a blow-out.

Bus fare was only a euro coming out :eek: I think it's to do with Patrick's St being bus only for a period of time.

:Edit: it's lasting till 15th September

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

TH after a great three weeks off work, did loads, ate and drank too much but had a great time, loads of catch-ups with different family and friends, days out, meals in lovely places, great country pubs, and do you know what there's no going back to work fear just contentment at getting back into a routine tomorrow, plus booked our winter holiday abroad for just after Christmas so there's that to be looking forward on the horizon too.

Just got home, sitting on couch with dog.

Bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

GoneHome wrote: »
    TH after a great three weeks off work, did loads, ate and drank too much but had a great time, loads of catch-ups with different family and friends, days out, meals in lovely places, great country pubs, and do you know what there's no going back to work fear just contentment at getting back into a routine tomorrow, plus booked our winter holiday abroad for just after Christmas so there's that to be looking forward on the horizon too.

Your positivity is infectious.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Came across a small bit of bad press for a company I used to work for and my first thought was "phew, not my problem anymore". It's an awful reaction I know but, it genuinely made me happy that that was no longer my stress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Just had a bowl of lime jelly, raspberry and honeycomb ice cream and lashings of birds eye custard. I felt about 12!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

The Inbetweeners. Any time I'm stuck for something to watch and see it's on it never fails to make me laugh even though I must've seen every episode a few times now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Just looking forward to myself and partner going off to Belfast for the uk bank holiday.

Just looking forward to doing more fun stuff in general, city breaks, saving as much as I can to book holidays. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

The Inbetweeners. Any time I'm stuck for something to watch and see it's on it never fails to make me laugh even though I must've seen every episode a few times now.

It's hilarious,I often feel I shouldn't really laugh at it but I just love it.
    The Royle Family is another one that I really laugh at and I loved the Young Offenders.

• Advertisement

Colser wrote:
    It's hilarious,I often feel I shouldn't really laugh at it but I just love it. The Royle Family is another one that I really laugh at and I loved the Young Offenders.

Oh yeah I always loved The Royle Family aswell. "hey Jim, bag o sh!te" 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Oh yeah I always loved The Royle Family aswell. "hey Jim, bag o sh!te" 😂

When Denise didn't have a clue where the baby was or who was minding him.and the trip to the caravan was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

TG1 wrote: »
    Came across a small bit of bad press for a company I used to work for and my first thought was "phew, not my problem anymore". It's an awful reaction I know but, it genuinely made me happy that that was no longer my stress.
    No it's not a bad reaction, sometimes the only way to keep your sanity is to literally say "it's not my problem anymore". There's only so much one person can do, it doesn't make you a bad person, and you could worry yourself into the ground, a week later some other poor soul will have replaced you.

Colser wrote:
    When Denise didn't have a clue where the baby was or who was minding him.and the trip to the caravan was brilliant.

Bloody brilliant show. Hard to believe she's dead. She was so funny.

That's like me but with friends.

That's like me but with friends.

Friends is great craic aswell. My sandwich!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

The even numbers in my bank accounts/loan figures is such a nice satisfying feeling!

bi10ep.png

Friends is great craic aswell. My sandwich!!

"The fifth dentist caved and now they’re ALL recommending Trident?" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The happy look on boy dog's face when he gets a lift into the house, all smug about taking advantage of boss human forgetting to close the door between the house and garage.

The delighted way he runs to his sister to tell her how smart he's been.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

In 10 minutes I'll be getting off this train and after tea, obligatory and fun pooch play it's a relaxing night of tennis/sexually objectifying Roger Federer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement