Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Graces7 wrote: »
    Finding a large bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk as I was sorting stuff in the kitchen.. I had been sure I had not eaten it...

Really odd thing is that I ordered the same this week and they did not have it in stock...so I was facing a chocolate deprived week
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 28,686 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    You never know what random snippets of conversations you overhear.

Was walking past the entrance to Dunnes & all I caught was.

"Do you still have them handcuffs Mary"
    And what did Mary say to John?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Got a lot of jobs ticked off my to-do list this morning.

I've only recently come to the conclusion that being productive in the morning is the only way I'll be productive at all. If I decide I'll do something later, then I just won't end up doing it at all.
    So I'm happy with myself for getting up early and getting it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Upstairs the teen is showering, washing and styling their hair, applying false tan, shaving from toes to arms, taking out and putting back a dozen outfits suitable for a teen event tonight(I intuit that current potential 'Mr Right') is expected to attend.

Downstairs, Im here, trying to organise getting dressed, washing my hair, getting to a cash machine, putting drops in my ears and eyes and trying to motivate myself to make the bed and cut my toenails.

TH, the difference 30 years makes and the certain knowledge that I'll not be broke(er), hungover/broken-hearted in the am.:D

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

This might sound awful, but while I was at the hairdresser the other day, she was telling me about my former workplace and the absolute cnut of a boss there. She was saying she knew loads of people who left, and told me of a particular example of the boss being a b*tch.

My TH is that I'm not the only one who found her awful, and that I wasn't just overly sensitive to her sh*t when I worked there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Got a lot of jobs ticked off my to-do list this morning.

I've only recently come to the conclusion that being productive in the morning is the only way I'll be productive at all. If I decide I'll do something later, then I just won't end up doing it at all.
    So I'm happy with myself for getting up early and getting it done.

I'm the same. All jobs done. Now finally sitting down with a cupan tae :) Enjoy your afternoon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Bredabe wrote: »
    One of my girls is doing work experience in a vets clinic, th in itself. the clinic does a lot of work for a local charity which is donation funded. As its mostly a cat charity they are run off their feet with kitten season and the bill is cranking up.

* This am a lovely couple rang to give their credit card no, to clear half the vet's bill for the charity, the only condition is that the next group of kittens are named after their grandchildren.

The woman running the charity almost had to be hospitalised with the relief of it all.

Those grandkids have big shoes to fill.
    :):):):):):):):)

Beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

that, thanks to meteorite on the weather forum, I got out to sort the hens and walk the dog just before this gusty deluge arrived...he even put on a map so I could see it getting near and hurry! How neat is that!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

Been there before.. it's tough with the little voice in your head trying to dissuade you but when it turns out well, it's a great feeling so enjoy!

Thank you! TH that I can finally treat myself to the new rucksack I wanted since I also have the excuse of needing a laptop bag for work now :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Risked a carpentry DIY job this afternoon and it worked out better than I had hoped for.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cashed in my change box in Tesco's and got back a nice amount, time to start saving my change again now :3.

Happy that Saturday is the last day of my working week for once. Back again on Monday, but the plus side to that is that I have all of next weekend off :eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Bought myself a cake, some donuts and a few bottles of cider. Gonna have a small party for myself tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,243 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Risked a carpentry DIY job this afternoon and it worked out better than I had hoped for.

281zaww.jpg

:)

just sorted my electricity bill;it got complicated but they now owe me money.. makes me very happy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

A very painful cluster of mouth ulcers that I've had for over a week have finally cleared up. I can eat and talk normally again. I'm gonna celebrate by pouring a load of salt into my mouth!*

*I'm not actually going to do that but I now could if I wanted to

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I think the bar man is a tad pissed or he has gotten very lucky. He seems to be over pouring drinks and floating on cloud 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Graces7 wrote: »
    just sorted my electricity bill;it got complicated but they now owe me money.. makes me very happy

A rare event that they owe or admit to owing anyone money enjoy switching those switches.

Makes me happy going through the tolls and that express barrier rising without me tapping the breaks

Got let off work an hour early :D

A rare event that they owe or admit to owing anyone money enjoy switching those switches.

Makes me happy going through the tolls and that express barrier rising without me tapping the breaks

They even tried to catch me out by replacing the meter partway through the billing period... I am on to them ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

One of my two hens was very sick this week. I went to the vet, expecting to be laughed out of it. They could not have been kinder, and didn't charge me much. Said hen is back out pecking and clucking again.

the blackberry jam i started y'day but was too tired to finish is at point of setting... makes me very happy...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

When you sit into the car after being out in the wind or by the sea when stormyand that moment the door clicks closed a warm silence takes over but only for a moment before your ears readjust

• Registered Users Posts: 22,254 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Listening to the crunch of the leaves under your feet and just admiring the views :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Autosport wrote:
    Listening to the crunch of the leaves under your feet and just admiring the views

No teddy bears to be seen having a picnic yet Auto?

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

More than TH at seeing the happiness on my lifelong friend's face when she saw the surprise guest at her party. It was worth all the little fibs, and there wasn't a dry eye in the house. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Threw some coffee grounds into my container of fishing worms a couple of days ago, checked them there and they're jumping around the place like break dancers when I scoop up a handful.

There's not a salmon in the river safe.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,254 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ted are you out there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Helping my parents babysit my niece and nephew last night at their house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The little one talks a lot in her sleep, this morning she woke shouting " I found Wally, Mam!"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement