Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***** Motors chat - round 12 *****

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

As far as I remember they were. All stated canbus error free!!

Not sure, seen something about that before, but I dont think it's that easy!

could be worth searching Eric Cartman's posts. He had advice for someone on here recently with canbus bulbs which fixed the issue.
    Something to do with swapping the resistor or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

How to tell when it's time to replace tyres. https://i.redd.it/tnwaz3ys5ed11.jpg :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Anyone hear of Eirequote.com? They're a broker, got a really good quote off them but I can't seem to find anything about them online...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,562 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

[...] they appear very bright.

[...]

JUMBO-_PERMANENT-_BLACK-_MARKER-_PENS.jpg

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Anyone hear of Eirequote.com? They're a broker, got a really good quote off them but I can't seem to find anything about them online...

If they were a legitimate Irish business they'd have a .ie web address.

I'd look for a way to confirm they're genuine

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Results of a quick google show a few done deal ads, fairly basic website with no business address or telephone contact, no solocheck results either.

I'd be giving that a wide berth this time around!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,415 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Based in Italy

https://www.whois.com/whois/eirequote.com

Bad spelling, lack of punctuation etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

As expected, won't be going near them. Thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

D0VR.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Thinking of debadging the rear of the car soon, any thoughts?

IMG_20180805_152758.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I would

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Only thing is then it just becomes a 320d

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Travelled up and down to Croke Park today, alot of heavy driving, decided to record the fuel and mileage. 265 miles and 25.5 litres of diesel. 45mpg, on a 2.0 golf. Thought it'd be worse tbh!

Only thing is then it just becomes a 320d

Yeah, that's the point. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Yeah, that's the point. ;)

No I'm so tired of seeing just 320d or 520d it's nice to see the 330d etc.

No I'm so tired of seeing just 320d or 520d it's nice to see the 330d etc.

Stealth FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Tonight I saw 2 bugatti chirons, a paganni zonda, some sort of mclaren, 3 of the latest lambos, about 8 different ferraris and some sort of hyper car called a Stallone by Mansory!!
    They all had arabic number plates. Do these lads fly these yokes into Europe for a jolly every year?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,170 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Cannonball run?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

bazz26 wrote: »
    Cannonball run?

Nearly. Cannes!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

And I saw a brand new Bently Continental GT today, just off Merrion Square in Dublin. Crazy car to see in the flesh, not too sure I'm a fan, it looks very odd in rear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

mfceiling wrote: »
    Tonight I saw 2 bugatti chirons, a paganni zonda, some sort of mclaren, 3 of the latest lambos, about 8 different ferraris and some sort of hyper car called a Stallone by Mansory!!
    They all had arabic number plates. Do these lads fly these yokes into Europe for a jolly every year?

Yup. Chelsea and Kennsington are overrun in Summer with Arabs. It can actually be hard to sleep with the noise. They drive the locals crazy racing and revving their engines. In Dubai, young lads drive up and down the strip at night and it is a competion for whomever can rev loudest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Was taking a nap in a parking area of the circle K at Kilmacanouge south bound there (was working all night and tired so pulled in to sleep)

Woke up once or twice, on the second time waking up there was a Landover discovery 3 at the pump next to me (pump beside the parking space. Tight enough garage) and all was fine , they going about their business, horsebox on the back , couple of kids in the car

Then steam starts coming from the engine bay lightly, but then it gets worse very quickly, I was looking thinking **** this and the biker next to me raised a few eyebrows

So I reversed off to an area way back, and sure enough smoke started filling the station, but your woman driving was very brave and I have to commend her, even though she left it a bit late (she didn't check the reason for smoke at all under the bonnet until It was clear it was a fire) she got the kids and some belongings out of the car, disconnected the horse box and with the car on fire from the engine bay managed to drive it out of the garage and up to an exit ramp on the N11 !

Scary for her I'm sure but she was brave to get back into it and get away from the petrol pumps.

My only curiosity is surely there'd be warnings of something like this and also why she left it so long with smoke coming from the engine bay with the kids still getting in and out as normal , but anyway not important now. Everyone here safe and sound !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,666 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Serious comment:
    Wow. Shocking stuff altogether. Fair play to her for having the (figurative) balls to get back in and avert an exponentially worse situation.

Jovial comment:
    No sensationalist media cover? Oh no wait that's only for EVs on fire.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Thinking of debadging the rear of the car soon, any thoughts?

I don't know why people do that tbh man.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

mfceiling wrote: »

Yes; generally to the south of France via Nice airport; south of Spain via Malaga and to London via specially chartered freighters.

So the brother failed the NCT, because his auxiliary brake light (the middle one, top of the rear window) wasn't working?

I thought that wasn't part of the NCT? SO long as both the side ones were okey dokey you were alright?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,562 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Third brake light is a part of test, if factory fitted. Only aftermarket ones are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Was taking a nap in a parking area of the circle K .....

Did anyone help her? Sounds like she was left to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Did anyone help her? Sounds like she was left to it.

Yeah that's what I was wondering too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement