Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***** Motors chat - round 12 *****

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Higher PSI is for efficiency and all that jazz. I'm using mine lower but they're wearing evenly and the rides a lot better. First set were wearing the centres when at the manufacturers PSI.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

Higher PSI is for efficiency and all that jazz. I'm using mine lower but they're wearing evenly and the rides a lot better. First set were wearing the centres when at the manufacturers PSI.

Yes no that’s what I am thinking at 41psi it would be rock hard on the road and most likely would wear the centres of the tyres. You need to just go by how it drives and the tyres wear I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I keep mine around 35/36, 19s too.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Saw an ad for Mitsubishi on tv yesterday, they had the outlander and this yoke:

2-D25396-F-153-D-4-D67-9578-C9-C2-BA5187-D5.jpg the new Pajero Sport

Who signs off on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Looks like the person who designed the rear light clusters is in the latter stages of parkinsons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think it was parked too close to a radiator and the rear started melting.

Their current lineup is comically bad.

The interiors even on the latest ones still have that 1990s feel to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Kind of makes the Great Wall stuff look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I thought they couldn't get worse after the original colt when it was a boy racer Machine..... They came out with that monstrosity.... Oh god my eyes the goggles do nothing...

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    The interiors even on the latest ones still have that 1990s feel to them.

Yes, I was a Eclipse Cross recently and couldn’t get over how old fashioned it was in places. Small details,

Sure Nissan own them now I think so we’ll see.

They got the last few Lancers registered this year by the looks of it.

Rebranded Dacias for the Asian markets...

I was in Malaysia a good few years back and most of the Mitsubishi range were rebranded with local names because of the new car tax regime there on anything imported. It was a bit like Dell making a laptop in China and sticking a Made in America sticker on it once it reached the US.

Do Proton still have a tie-in with Mitsubishi? The only other Malaysian marque I’ve come across is Perodua which were badge engineered Daihastsu

Your right. It was a Proton Inspira that I got a lift in a few times while I was there, which was a Lancer with literally a Proton badge on it. The tax on any car that isn't home grown is mad there making them too expensive for the ordinary joe.

Sure we had a similar thing in Ireland for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Proton still going. They've recently enough sold Lotus. The Mitsnobitchy the up is long gone.

New Proton I saw was a Gen2 saloon in NORN IRON. Looked terrible.

They seem to be selling Geely cars now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

Is it ok to tax a car online once it has been ‘transferred to an individual’ or do I need to wait until the registration cert has been issued. I assume I can just used the forgot Pin section to get the PIN number.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

To tax a car for the first time in your ownership online you will need the last 6 digits of the VLC. This number is located on the top right of the front page. The forgotten PIN function won't work and you'll just get a message saying "you cannot tax this car online". Just wait for the VLC and go from there.

Well wear by the way, the GTi looks fantastic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

To tax a car for the first time in your ownership online you will need the last 6 digits of the VLC. This number is located on the top right of the front page. The forgotten PIN function won't work and you'll just get a message saying "you cannot tax this car online". Just wait for the VLC and go from there.

Well wear by the way, the GTi looks fantastic :D
    Incorrect, once the log book has been issued you can use the forgot password function

The above advice you have given MM is for brand new cars (or first taxation of an imported car) only and does not apply to second or subsequent owners

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

ELM327 wrote: »
    Incorrect, once the log book has been issued you can use the forgot password function

The above advice you have given MM is for brand new cars (or first taxation of an imported car) only and does not apply to second or subsequent owners

Nope - first taxation of a new car or newly imported car uses the last 6 digits of the chassis number. Subsequent taxing uses the last 6 digits of the VLC serial number. You wouldn't have the VLC serial number on a new car as it doesn't get issued until the vehicle is taxed.

Biggest issue with the forgotten PIN function is that you need to fill the address in, EXACTLY the same way as it was input in the change of ownership.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

R.O.R wrote: »
    Nope - first taxation of a new car or newly imported car uses the last 6 digits of the chassis number. Subsequent taxing uses the last 6 digits of the VLC serial number. You wouldn't have the VLC serial number on a new car as it doesn't get issued until the vehicle is taxed.

Biggest issue with the forgotten PIN function is that you need to fill the address in, EXACTLY the same way as it was input in the change of ownership.
    Yes, I always do this when I buy a new (to me) car, have to remember exactly how I wrote address, in rural Ireland there's normally a few different ways

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Dunno about the rest of you but I tend to write my address the same way every time! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Dunno about the rest of you but I tend to write my address the same way every time! :pac:

:D

I've heard of people who should write their address as Fingals but in certain scenarios would write it as Glasnevin :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

tossy wrote: »
    :D

I've heard of people who should write their address as Fingals but in certain scenarios would write it as Glasnevin :P

Glasnevin Heights used to be a good one for the old tower blocks in Ballymun :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    They really are not a very nice looking car

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Glasnevin Heights used to be a good one for the old tower blocks in Ballymun :P

I've an Auntie that swears she's from Glasnevin North :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Cant sell car. It's a 12 year old Saab. Running well, needs a few small jobs. Dont want to scrap it. Any tips?

• Advertisement

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Cant sell car. It's a 12 year old Saab. Running well, needs a few small jobs. Dont want to scrap it. Any tips?

Lower your asking price.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement