Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defence forces Recruitment 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭BO-JANGLES

Craigeer wrote: »
    Im the same

My son is still waiting to here back from them..

• Registered Users Posts: 20 FluxCap22

Hi lads, anyone that applied 27/28th April and completed the online test still waiting for word back? (Kildare/Curragh)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭P0dr1ck

FluxCap22 wrote: »
    Hi lads, anyone that applied 27/28th April and completed the online test still waiting for word back? (Kildare/Curragh)
    Ye still waiting, did my test on the 24th or something like that and still waiting, they hopefully send out info this week since they were meant to get all the results by today

• Registered Users Posts: 20 FluxCap22

P0dr1ck wrote: »
    Ye still waiting, did my test on the 24th or something like that and still waiting, they hopefully send out info this week since they were meant to get all the results by today

Hopefully today or soon man , applied before in November and failed the psychometric but yet I got word within 2 weeks so i guess it’s looking good

So is everyone still waiting to hear back or did anyone get an answer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Itainire

FluxCap22 wrote: »

I am exactly same, I did test online end of April.. choose the curragh and still didn't get any news.. waiting is killing me but you know more time for training so it's ok

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

Itainire wrote: »
    I am exactly same, I did test online end of April.. choose the curragh and still didn't get any news.. waiting is killing me but you know more time for training so it's ok

Is there a possibility you failed the test?

BadBannana wrote: »
    Itainire wrote: »

Is there a possibility you failed the test?
    They should send out an email saying if you passed or failed so cant really say if he failed or not, did you get any word back yet?

P0dr1ck wrote: »
    They should send out an email saying if you passed or failed so cant really say if he failed or not, did you get any word back yet?

I didnt receive any email yet saying I failed or I passed.. don't know to be honest.. I would like to call but more time I have to prepare the running better is so.. don't know what to do really.. Maybe it's complicated cause I am a foreigner woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jp93

Has anyone got any word back from the army about fitness in curragh yet ? I got a fitness date for the cadetship this Friday but still no word back from the army ? There was nearly a month between the two online test..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Ducky00

Jp93 wrote: »
    Has anyone got any word back from the army about fitness in curragh yet ? I got a fitness date for the cadetship this Friday but still no word back from the army ? There was nearly a month between the two online test..

They must be doing it in groups. I have my cadet fitness the 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TommyT123

Anyone hear back for General Service Enlistment? Did my psyc test end of April and still nothing

I contacted their fb recruitment page just today they replied
    "Hi , We are processing the results at present and will be in contact with all candidates in due course"

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Dirtdiver1

Iv completed all exmas handed to me by the defence forces all in the curragh i know a few Personnel in the curragh end of august/early sept there is supposed to be a class of recruits, they are currently waitin on numbers at the min as there has been alot of failures in various exams

You apply for general service or cadets?

Genral service pal and u?

same and havent even heard about my psyc test result, i applied for 2nd brigade, any idea if that makes a difference?

Shouldn make any odds mate where u applied for they will try keep u closest to home as possible but doesnt always work out it depends on the man power in each brigade, when did u do test?

ahh nb, did the test on the 24th of april, seen posts earlier and everyone seems to be getting tested in the curragh

TommyT123 wrote: »
    ahh nb, did the test on the 24th of april, seen posts earlier and everyone seems to be getting tested in the curragh

Ye you shouldn b to much longer before u hear off them, i think its jus handier for them to do it in the tests curragh like its pretty much a central location for all

• Advertisement

aye hopefully hear something end of the week, i applied for the navy too and seen you have to do the tests all the way in cork lol would be handier if the army called instead but ill take either one

TommyT123 wrote: »
    aye hopefully hear something end of the week, i applied for the navy too and seen you have to do the tests all the way in cork lol would be handier if the army called instead but ill take either one

Hopefully its not to much longer for any of us, its the waitin thats the killer, i was goin to apply for navy aswel but didn bother in the end,

Have they done away with the overnight stay? Going over my email it says that we'll be done by 6:30 the same day

Have they done away with the overnight stay? Going over my email it says that we'll be done by 6:30 the same day

Your doin the fitness and interview is it? Fitness and interview done in the same day youll hav fitness 1st and then interview after that i was waitin a few weeks for medical but they might b quicker with you than they wer wit me as there is a lack of applicants “qualified to start recruit trainin” thats what i was told by the army i hav evrythimg done and passed but was told id hav t wait for more bodies as they wont start a recruit class with any less than 30-35 bodies

Dirtdiver1 wrote: »
    Your doin the fitness and interview is it? Fitness and interview done in the same day youll hav fitness 1st and then interview after that i was waitin a few weeks for medical but they might b quicker with you than they wer wit me as there is a lack of applicants “qualified to start recruit trainin” thats what i was told by the army i hav evrythimg done and passed but was told id hav t wait for more bodies as they wont start a recruit class with any less than 30-35 bodies

I'm doing the cadetship so it's fitness and group

Not sure on cadets bein honest im goin gemeral service

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Ducky00

Yeah I was told they've done away with the overnight for cadets

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MeganeMan

Hey lads, anybody going for RDF here? Handed my application in for the most recent opening, but they've been worryingly quiet (even by DF standards) even though the closing date was supposed to be 3 weeks ago. Any idea what's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Armyman12

Been talking to a sgt up in collins barracks,...said they've met the quota for September recruits so not sure what will happen to those still waiting on fitness and interview

• Advertisement

Armyman12 wrote: »
    Been talking to a sgt up in collins barracks,...said they've met the quota for September recruits so not sure what will happen to those still waiting on fitness and interview
    Collins barracks down in Cork?
    Also I wrote to them last week to see whats happening and they just replied with "Due to the volume of applications we are processing the results at present and will be in contact with you in the coming weeks."
    Sounds like some old thing they are sending to everyone lol

Advertisement