Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defence forces Recruitment 2018

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭BittysHill1998

RJ123 wrote: »
    Good or bad?

Got an interview. Delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RJ123

Congrats I’m still waiting. Holding out hope but not looking good

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Ducky00

Got an interview too

• Registered Users Posts: 22 R0ibeard1997

Got one too, anyone on Monday?

Got one too, anyone on Monday?

Yeah I got Monday

• Advertisement

Congrats I’m still waiting. Holding out hope but not looking good

Hold in there. You still might get the email!

Hold in there. You still might get the email!

Appreciate it! I’m still in the process for the navy which looks promising and am a dual citizen so I may end up applying as an officer for the country I was born in. Disappointed to say the least especially since I’m completing masters in this field area but know it will work out even if not what I imagined it to be.

Appreciate it! I’m still in the process for the navy which looks promising and am a dual citizen so I may end up applying as an officer for the country I was born in. Disappointed to say the least especially since I’m completing masters in this field area but know it will work out even if not what I imagined it to be.

Here your Army application isn't over yet! And you still have your Navy application.

Is the process of becoming an officer in your country of origin similar to Ireland's?

Here your Army application isn't over yet! And you still have your Navy application.

Is the process of becoming an officer in your country of origin similar to Ireland's?

No easier to join actually and quicker process as it’s a much larger military (not to say it is easy haha just different demands from an operational perspective) . Family is Irish and wanted to join the Irish due to peacekeeping but if it’s not be I’m fortunate to have the other option even if it wasn’t my first choice

No easier to join actually and quicker process as it’s a much larger military (not to say it is easy haha just different demands from an operational perspective) . Family is Irish and wanted to join the Irish due to peacekeeping but if it’s not be I’m fortunate to have the other option even if it wasn’t my first choice

At the end of the day it's your choice but I'd say if your heart is set on the Defence Forces then go for it! If not this year there's always next year!

• Advertisement

At the end of the day it's your choice but I'd say if your heart is set on the Defence Forces then go for it! If not this year there's always next year!

No can’t wait a year for it wish I could. Just got out of my masters and need to start getting into work now. Whether it be here or there will definitely be involved in the military or law enforcement field as that’s what I’m set for.

I got the Interview! A whole night of worrying for nothing. What day did you get?

I got the Interview! A whole night of worrying for nothing. What day did you get?

Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Glaseire96

Hi I'm still waiting on word back, is anybody in the same position?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭P0dr1ck

Glaseire96 wrote: »
    Hi I'm still waiting on word back, is anybody in the same position?

Ye I'm still waiting on a response. I emailed them today to see if they can give me an update on the application but no word back yet

P0dr1ck wrote: »
    Ye I'm still waiting on a response. I emailed them today to see if they can give me an update on the application but no word back yet

Nightmare! I still havnet heard anything back. Surely tomorrow is the last day to get a response? Have you still not heard back?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭P0dr1ck

Glaseire96 wrote: »
    Nightmare! I still havnet heard anything back. Surely tomorrow is the last day to get a response? Have you still not heard back?

Ye still nothing even though I emailed them today

P0dr1ck wrote: »
    Ye still nothing even though I emailed them today

Still no reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 07Foresight

I am currently waiting to get an email for the vetting process, and after that the next step would be medical so.. still hanging in there for now..

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Ducky00

I am currently waiting to get an email for the vetting process, and after that the next step would be medical so.. still hanging in there for now..

Anyone coming down on the bus from the red cow, have you arrived in the curragh yet

• Advertisement

Anyone know any info on what recruit platoons will be running this Autumn? Particularly 2nd Brigade?

I've heard there's one or two going.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 07Foresight

Anyone know any info on what recruit platoons will be running this Autumn? Particularly 2nd Brigade?

I've heard there's one or two going.

No idea. However, we shall see when the Defence Forces decide to start reviewing applications more thoroughly and faster.

There’s a major shortage already yet, the DoD and Defence Forces Command are taking their well earned time with getting personnel into the army. The Navy on the other hand commenced a new recruit platoon of 32 people a few weeks back.

Looking forward to seeing how everything turns out.

Advertisement