Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defence forces Recruitment 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MarkMcG19

Does anyone know when general service/part time are recruiting this year? Or am I too late this year?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

MarkMcG19 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when general service/part time are recruiting this year? Or am I too late this year?
    Thanks

Some time in October/November possibly

• Registered Users Posts: 19 NW_EIRE

Lads just a thought for use, I would seriously consider about joining the pdf, I mean have a good long think about it, if ye are joining for the wages etc then use will probably be better off in the jobs use are in at the moment.

Sure the training is hard but it’s great crack getting rode stupid for 29 weeks and you’ll be as fit as you’ll have ever been but when the training ends don’t expect the intensity to be the same.

When you get assigned to your barracks and go to your new units that’s when it goes down hill. A life less ordinary they say, you’ll be out gardening and picking ****ing papers everyday, doing duties which is part of it but mainly You’ll be a glorified gardener and cleaner.

For those of you who decide to join anyway just mind yourself whilst in training, if you get hurt make sure and see your doctor to have it noted, because if you finish training and that injury comes back to bite you you’ll be ****ed out the gate as quick as ye came in it. Just a thought, best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

NW_EIRE wrote: »
    Lads just a thought for use, I would seriously consider about joining the pdf, I mean have a good long think about it, if ye are joining for the wages etc then use will probably be better off in the jobs use are in at the moment.

Sure the training is hard but it’s great crack getting rode stupid for 29 weeks and you’ll be as fit as you’ll have ever been but when the training ends don’t expect the intensity to be the same.

When you get assigned to your barracks and go to your new units that’s when it goes down hill. A life less ordinary they say, you’ll be out gardening and picking ****ing papers everyday, doing duties which is part of it but mainly You’ll be a glorified gardener and cleaner.

For those of you who decide to join anyway just mind yourself whilst in training, if you get hurt make sure and see your doctor to have it noted, because if you finish training and that injury comes back to bite you you’ll be ****ed out the gate as quick as ye came in it. Just a thought, best of luck!

I'd hope people know they have to do ****e work as well at this stage.

All jobs have ****e bits, whether the goods are enough to way it out are down to you.

Thanks for the help though! Look after yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Itainire

I finally got my result of the test done at the end of April and the email says "(..)I wish to inform you that you have been successful at Psychometric Test Stage. You have now been progressed to interview stage(..)"
    I thought after the psychometric test online there was the fitness test right ? When you got the email saying the psychometric test was successful you got same sentence like me? Not sure what should I expect now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 FluxCap22

Anyone still waiting regarding psychometric test results/next stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jp93

FluxCap22 wrote: »

I’m the same lad haven’t heard a thing from them since April

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭P0dr1ck

Jp93 wrote: »
    FluxCap22 wrote: »

I’m the same lad haven’t heard a thing from them since April
    Some timing lads, I literally just got the email from them saying I passed the psych test, hopefully you two will receive yours today as well as I've been waiting since end of April as well

Got it there today as well saying I passed. Delighted.

P0dr1ck wrote: »
    Some timing lads, I literally just got the email from them saying I passed the psych test, hopefully you two will receive yours today as well as I've been waiting since end of April as well

Yea just got it there myself, they must be watching this thread haha

• Advertisement

Jp93 wrote: »
    Yea just got it there myself, they must be watching this thread haha

Do your email talk about next stage ?? Mine says about interview as next stage but I thought fitness was before that

For me they just said that I was successful and that they will contact me in due course regarding the next stage, nothing about the interview.

Itainire wrote: »
    Do your email talk about next stage ?? Mine says about interview as next stage but I thought fitness was before that

No just said they’ll be in the touch about the next stage so it’ll probably be another 3 or 4 months 😂

id say another few weeks to a month for a fitness/interview date , might not have to wait too long.

Anyone that applied for the navy also get an email to come down on the 8th to Haulbowline for the fitness tests and interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jackcof

Has anyone heard back from army after medical? Attended cork for my medical about 6 weeks ago have heard nothing from the army since?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 RyanCork003

Anyone know when the next general service recruitment for PDF will be this year (november) ? Or is it april again next year ?

Anyone know when the next general service recruitment for PDF will be this year (november) ? Or is it april again next year ?

They will recruit again in September

I did the test got my results within a week. I did my fitness test interview sometime in May. I was told that day I passed and given a date at the beginning of June for my medical. Haven't heard anything from them since then. All done in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Dirtdiver1

Jackcof wrote: »
    I did the test got my results within a week. I did my fitness test interview sometime in May. I was told that day I passed and given a date at the beginning of June for my medical. Haven't heard anything from them since then. All done in Cork

Done all mine in the curragh, hearing rumors limerick and curragh coming up quiet close together in d nxt month or 2

• Advertisement

Dirtdiver1 wrote: »
    Done all mine in the curragh, hearing rumors limerick and curragh coming up quiet close together in d nxt month or 2

Did you hear back from your medical? I basically did online test fitness interview and medical within 5 weeks. I did my medical at the beginning of June and heard nothing since. So I don't know if I passed or failed my medical. I heard limerick and the curragh are starting in Sept

Did you hear back from your medical? I basically did online test fitness interview and medical within 5 weeks. I did my medical at the beginning of June and heard nothing since. So I don't know if I passed or failed my medical. I heard limerick and the curragh are starting in Sept

Ye i heard back already but like that was waiting awile apparently there was a back log of applications and people from the 2017 competition are still trying to get in, but seen as your application has moved so swiftly you should hear soon enough but either way they have to let u know weather u past or failed medical, hopefully u past though

Ye i heard back already but like that was waiting awile apparently there was a back log of applications and people from the 2017 competition are still trying to get in, but seen as your application has moved so swiftly you should hear soon enough but either way they have to let u know weather u past or failed medical, hopefully u past though

Where you waiting long after your medical to hear back?
    Congratulations by the way

Where you waiting long after your medical to hear back?
    Congratulations by the way

Cheers mate, like that mate in or around 2 months but hearing there stuck for bodies in alot of areas around the country, hopefully you hear in the nxt week or 2 and get in during september in limerick or curragh, like u can tefuse there 1st offer if it doesnt suit, but i know im waitin long enough im jus goin t take whichevr is offerd 1st despite curragh been jus a half hour away, best of luck bud hope it goes well ðŸ‘ðŸ»

Cheers mate, like that mate in or around 2 months but hearing there stuck for bodies in alot of areas around the country, hopefully you hear in the nxt week or 2 and get in during september in limerick or curragh, like u can tefuse there 1st offer if it doesnt suit, but i know im waitin long enough im jus goin t take whichevr is offerd 1st despite curragh been jus a half hour away, best of luck bud hope it goes well ðŸ‘ðŸ»

Thanks for your help. Hopefully I get some good news soon. Best of luck to you

Thanks for your help. Hopefully I get some good news soon. Best of luck to you

No prob pal hopefully good news for us both, all the best

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JoeO27

Anybody still waiting for a fitness or interview?

JoeO27 wrote: »
    Yup, got one for the navy next week but still waiting for the army

JoeO27 wrote: »
    I got a response today man, I have to go to Cathal Brugha in Dublin on the 2nd of September, did you get any word yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 JoeO27

P0dr1ck wrote: »
    I got a response today man, I have to go to Cathal Brugha in Dublin on the 2nd of September, did you get any word yet?

Yeah I got the same email today up for the 2nd as well

Advertisement