Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,159 ✭✭✭✭phog

matrim wrote: »
    anyone know if there will be double xp during the community day tomorrow?

1/4 hatch distance is the bonus this time

Slept in very late today, totally forgetting about Community Day. I'm not too pushed about Chimchar (by far the worst Gen 4 starter line, imo) but sad I missed the Galarian Weezing raid hour. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I have spares if you're around Dublin :pac:

Might have to take you up on that offer, cheers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Got my first pokestop approved this week and it appeared in game shortly after :)

For anyone else submitting be careful what point of interest you submit. Apparently there can only be one pokestop per level 17 S2 cell. I didn’t realize until after but got lucky with my POI. If you are in the same level 17 cell as another stop and it’s approved it may still show up in Ingress but not PoGo (which is kind of unfair IMO)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Got 3 approved which gave me 2 new gyms in different L14 cells.

4 rejected but didn't read the guidelines. Have a few more ideas and potentially another 14 stops in a nearby small town.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got 2 accepted, but one is unfortunately in the same cell as another so didn't make it to Go. Thought I'd put it just outside the range, but alas not.

Nice having a boss I want to do again, and I can manage the duo with this event running :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Have had 3 accepted and ingame already. Yeah me!! 2 more are eligible but not ingame so far.

Had 2 rejected as not suitable. One was a bridge, the other was a weir, yet "appears to a natural feature" was the reason.

Using my own and kids account to submit.

Gotten 3 shinies so far in this event, both Nidorans and a Magnemite, not too shabby.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,280 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Tenger wrote: »
    Have had 3 accepted and ingame already. Yeah me!! 2 more are eligible but not ingame so far.

Had 2 rejected as not suitable. One was a bridge, the other was a weir, yet "appears to a natural feature" was the reason.

Using my own and kids account to submit.
    If they don't show up with in two days they are most likely in the same cell as another stop already and will never appear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,116 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Still level 38 have had to scale back playing time to almost none last three community days at home will be out for one of the two days in two weeks at least haven't had a 7 day spin in two months now neither. I'm keeping my account open until pokemon home launches.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,818 ✭✭✭✭josip

I hate those Mondays where at 9:02 it says, "you've walked 24.3 kms this week, claim your sh1tty reward. 700 more metres and you might have gotten the good stuff pal."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

No great loss, josip.

496657.jpg

I keep getting around 10-15km short of the 100km rewards, the extra bit of stardust would be nice but I'm not gonna walk that halfway through the Sunday, feck that effort.

Angron, did you propose Temperance Hall in Longford as a Pokestop by any chance?

josip wrote: »
    Angron, did you propose Temperance Hall in Longford as a Pokestop by any chance?

Yep, submissions in Longford are a pretty solid shout to be from me :pac:

Angron wrote: »

5* all the way from me :D

I reviewed that earlier today aswell :)

Had a few more submissions approved and in game. One unfortunately was too close to another stop so it didn’t even make it into Ingress :(

Would appreciate favorable reviews if you folks see anything from Tramore ;)

AMGer wrote: »
    I reviewed that earlier today aswell :)

Had a few more submissions approved and in game. One unfortunately was too close to another stop so it didn’t even make it into Ingress :(

Would appreciate favorable reviews if you folks see anything from Tramore ;)

Fingers crossed for the Ladys Slip :D

Fingers crossed for the Ladys Slip :D

Got approved this morning

I have a few more In queue. Seems to be slow enough to move from In queue to In voting.

• Advertisement

I got one approved less than 36 hours after submitting.
    Another at the same time is pending, but that photo is a bit dark.

Why are graveyards not allowed, if churches and religious statues are ok?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,280 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Why are graveyards not allowed, if churches and religious statues are ok?
    Because graveyards are not unique as a location or looks; if you have someone famous buried (or a fancy enough stone you can spin a story about) their grave can qualify in the graveyard. Also look at information signs and memorial areas in the graveyard as those tend to qualify as well.

Nody wrote: »
    Because graveyards are not unique as a location or looks; if you have someone famous buried (or a fancy enough stone you can spin a story about) their grave can qualify in the graveyard. Also look at information signs and memorial areas in the graveyard as those tend to qualify as well.

The Tomb of Karl Marx is a gym, I took over it when I was over in London before, and took a trip to Highgate cemetery :D

Also, Temperance Hall got approved and is in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Glasnevin cemetery has a good few historic graves as stops.

If ye review a submission for the grave of the famous writer Victor O'D Power, please be nice :)

Angron wrote: »

Had a few from Longford cross my path today - five stars all the way ;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Total of 8 approved and ingame now.
    Which upgraded an older stop to a gym, my 2nd ingame pokestop is also now a gym.
    So plenty of spots in my local park now.

Any decent ones I review get positive scores.
    I'm only giving 1 star reviews to pplshouses and when the stops seems to be in the middle of a field.

Am hoping the previously refused couple get better luck with my 2nd submission.

Tenger wrote: »
    Total of 8 approved and ingame now.
    Which upgraded an older stop to a gym, my 2nd ingame pokestop is also now a gym.
    So plenty of spots in my local park now.

Any decent ones I review get positive scores.
    I'm only giving 1 star reviews to pplshouses and when the stops seems to be in the middle of a field.

Am hoping the previously refused couple get better luck with my 2nd submission.
    Expect around a 2 to 3 months honeymoon period; after that things will swing drastically in the other direction.

As for scoring 3* is don't know; 1* strongly disagree, 2* disagree etc. No one knows exact points required but for example location is worth less than history for example. Don't hesitate to score down on bad stops in general because those stops are exactly what will shorten the honeymoon period duration as well.

Nody wrote: »
    Expect around a 2 to 3 months honeymoon period; after that things will swing drastically in the other direction.

I intend to use up pretty much every s2 level 17 cell in my town that I can with new submissions by then :)

Still can’t understand why PoGo gets the one POI per level 17 and Ingress doesn’t. Where I am there’s a few more POIs in Ingress as portals but not in PoGo as stops/gyms.

• Advertisement

AMGer wrote: »
    I intend to use up pretty much every s2 level 17 cell in my town that I can with new submissions by then :)

Still can’t understand why PoGo gets the one POI per level 17 and Ingress doesn’t. Where I am there’s a few more POIs in Ingress as portals but not in PoGo as stops/gyms.
    Because reasons basically; worth noting that Wizards Online went back to Ingress cell sizes as well but chances of it changing are minimal at this stage.

Advertisement