Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,116 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Shiny Articuno from research hahaha so happy with that gonna splurge my stardust and rare candies to make it a beast

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Haven’t had any shiny luck lately despite loving shiny yamask :( Got a shiny Kyogre from research, but I already had him, gimme Groudon :pac: sure it can be trade fodder anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 LKG

New to this thread, played for a few weeks in 2016 and only started again 2 weeks ago.
    Got my first shiny, ekans, in balbriggan.
    I need a ditto, anyone got one already? What was it from?

Got an EX invite for Monday at Robert Emmett at 1pm

LKG wrote: »
    New to this thread, played for a few weeks in 2016 and only started again 2 weeks ago.
    Got my first shiny, ekans, in balbriggan.
    I need a ditto, anyone got one already? What was it from?

Great site leek duck has excellent info on almost everything pokemon go related ditto info below.

https://leekduck.com/FindDitto/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 LKG

Great site leek duck has excellent info on almost everything pokemon go related ditto info below.

https://leekduck.com/FindDitto/

Thanks, I’ll check it out, seems there’s not much I can do to increase my chances

No ditto can be very elusive just keep catching the ones on that list, I caught a whismur ten days ago thinking I've finally gotten my third nope it was a ditto. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I'm back playing since last month after stopping about a year ago. Is it ok to ask for friend requests here to complete a special research task? If anyone is looking for friends PM me and I'll add you / send you my code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

matrim wrote: »
    I'm back playing since last month after stopping about a year ago. Is it ok to ask for friend requests here to complete a special research task? If anyone is looking for friends PM me and I'll add you / send you my code.

Use the friend code thread - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057884911&page=11

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Did any of you do the Regigigas event? I did it with the kids, and generally enjoyed it. It was raining most of the day here in Limerick which put a bit of a damper on it. The 10 raid passes, and the research rewards like Steelix and Tyrannitar were probably the better parts of it, the grinding through the tasks wasn't so much fun, I was hoping for a couple of unusual spawns.

My son and I have been playing a bit longer than my daughter, so she really had to grind to get through the "evolve 7" tasks, we had them done relatively quickly. Young fella got a shiny Magnemite and Regice, daughter got a shiny yanma, and I got none :/
    My regigigas was only two star as well, sigh. I'll keep him and do a lucky trade swap with one of them next time that happens.

I've got the 6 Rocket devices for the rocket radar but haven't had a chance to battle one of the leaders yet, seems like they're very tough going.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Did any of you do the Regigigas event? I did it with the kids, and generally enjoyed it. It was raining most of the day here in Limerick which put a bit of a damper on it. The 10 raid passes, and the research rewards like Steelix and Tyrannitar were probably the better parts of it, the grinding through the tasks wasn't so much fun, I was hoping for a couple of unusual spawns.

My son and I have been playing a bit longer than my daughter, so she really had to grind to get through the "evolve 7" tasks, we had them done relatively quickly. Young fella got a shiny Magnemite and Regice, daughter got a shiny yanma, and I got none :/
    My regigigas was only two star as well, sigh. I'll keep him and do a lucky trade swap with one of them next time that happens.

I've got the 6 Rocket devices for the rocket radar but haven't had a chance to battle one of the leaders yet, seems like they're very tough going.

I did the event in Dublin, the event itself was fine, but the weather was atrocious so kinda took away a lot. Plus my bus home broke down so I didn't get home until 1am, having left the house at 7am :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Angron wrote: »
    I did the event in Dublin, the event itself was fine, but the weather was atrocious so kinda took away a lot. Plus my bus home broke down so I didn't get home until 1am, having left the house at 7am :pac:

OMG, and I was complaining about being out from 10am to 5:30 pm :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

So pokestop submissions are available for level 40 players, as well as access to wayfarer to review stop submissions. Gonna try and get a few more added around town now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

My nearest pokestop/gym is 1km from house , so would be great to have a stop closer that I could actually see on map esp for when team rocket take it over. There is a small playground nearby which might be suitable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,280 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

So pokestop submissions are available for level 40 players, as well as access to wayfarer to review stop submissions. Gonna try and get a few more added around town now :D
    Expect Niantic to have to roll back on this in some form in the next six months; the amount of BS I've seen be approved is staggering. We're talking stops in the playgrounds of kindergarten, trees, holes dug in a park for plants approved as "shallow graves from middle ages" etc. and the amount of spoofing (take a photo at spot A, place stop at B or multiple photos of Spot A very zoomed in and then placed all around the area for multiple stops from 1 playground). If you want to get depressed simply review a couple of hundred of submissions.
    Rooy wrote: »
    My nearest pokestop/gym is 1km from house , so would be great to have a stop closer that I could actually see on map esp for when team rocket take it over. There is a small playground nearby which might be suitable.
    Basically "guaranteed" stops from what I see are:

1) Playgrounds (preferably more than just a set of swings)
    2) Football fields, basketball courts etc. Basically anything with goals, posts etc. tend to go through
    3) Statues & plaques

Stuff which can go through but often gets rejected:
    4) Indoor art
    5) Trail markers
    6) Unique signs (if it has a map chances increase quickly)
    7) Anything you can't walk right up to
    8) Gazebos (have to prove they are on public land etc.)

Stuff you'll basically never get through:
    9) Regular metal sign (i.e. stop signs, speed signs, town name signs in generic highway style etc.)
    10) Fire places, wind shelters etc.
    11) Anything natural (a view, trees, a valley, a stone etc.)
    12) Something showing up on google maps with a location on private property
    13) Photos showing a fence around the object
    14) Anything close to a school

Also highly recommended people create an Ingress account so they can use the Ingress map to check stops and get exact GPS cordinates (all Niantic stops go via Ingress first; appear in PoGo in the evening as they do one transfer a day from Ingress to Pogo taking Ingress status at 9am moving over at 6:50pm to PoGo; Wizards is slower); if it's in Ingress and not PoGo then it simply don't meet the requirements and no need to submit it again. Secondly check in Pogomap with settings Cell14 and Cell17 that there is no other pokestop in the same red box; if there is you don't get an additional stop there. The rules for gyms are for the number of stops (inc. gyms) that are approved and appear in PoGo in the blue box:
    0-1 -> 0 gyms
    2-5 -> 1 gym
    6-19 -> 2 gyms
    20-34 -> 3 gyms
    34+ -> 4 gyms

I've successfully pushed our local area from having about 10 (3 gyms) & 1 stop (zero gyms) (two different towns) to 35+ (12 gyms) & 9 (2 gyms) points and I'm not done yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭phog

Is Dexhain a player that posts here?

They've interacted with me by PvP the last 2 nights.

My trainer names is Kestrel49

Wonder are we getting any Galar form pokemon soon

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Great summary , thanks Nody!

Wonder are we getting any Galar form pokemon soon

Apparently they are in the code, so I wouldn't be surprised if some of them showed up. I want my Galarian Weezing :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,280 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Also for people submitting expect a very high rejection rate; even now on my 5th or so round of submission I still run over 50% rejection ratio between my two accounts. Partially because I've moved on to less clear cut submissions but also because you never know how people will view your submission. If people are unsure why things gets rejected I'd propose to start a new thread with the submission photo & rejection text for feedback.

• Advertisement

Apparently they are in the code, so I wouldn't be surprised if some of them showed up. I want my Galarian Weezing :D

I wanna pony I WANNA PONY

FRIENDSHIP is Copyright infringement

I've had people ask if I'll call out to small villages in Westmeath to do some subs and I'm not sure if they are serious or not :pac:

I've had people ask if I'll call out to small villages in Westmeath to do some subs and I'm not sure if they are serious or not :pac:
    Well you got 7 submissions (per level 40 account) that come back after 14 days from actual submission; so ask for fuel money and a beer to burn them all there :P

I'm looking for a gym that I popped into recently as we drove past it.

I'd guess it's near Terenure from the other gyms that was on my recent at the time.

It's called the Giant Tennis Ball.

I stayed in it for over 4 days so I might try get it gold if I can find it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

I know it but didn't realise it was a tennis ball nor a gym. Now I can only hope it's red every time I pass as I'm usually enroute to somewhere else when I'm on that road.

Thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Random question - anyone know if beating the 3 rocket bosses prior to unlocking that step in the quest counts for it? Thinking it would since the 'Get a gold Hoenn medal' etc do, but not sure if I wasted my time doing them today, and they were hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,818 ✭✭✭✭josip

Canard wrote: »
    Random question - anyone know if beating the 3 rocket bosses prior to unlocking that step in the quest counts for it? Thinking it would since the 'Get a gold Hoenn medal' etc do, but not sure if I wasted my time doing them today, and they were hard!

I've been told by our local group no, it doesn't count.
    Have already beaten Cliff, but still on Task 2 so can't confirm.

It doesn't, I'd beaten them all at least once before I got to that step and still had to beat them again for it. Took longer than I expected to find Sierra, had to do a fair bit of wandering for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

anyone know if there will be double xp during the community day tomorrow?

Advertisement