Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daniel Bryan cleared

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Monokne wrote: »
    Because that would take Vince admitting he was wrong.

Was Rocky Maivia and that whole stick Vince's idea I wonder? That was obviously changed, he came to his senses.

Is it just because Vince is getting on and Roman might be the last "the guy" Vince would be able to create and see through.

The plans were changed when it came to WM30 and Daniel Bryan, I can't think of many other times were the big plans and directions were changed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Was Rocky Maivia and that whole stick Vince's idea I wonder? That was obviously changed, he came to his senses.

Is it just because Vince is getting on and Roman might be the last "the guy" Vince would be able to create and see through.

The plans were changed when it came to WM30 and Daniel Bryan, I can't think of many other times were the big plans and directions were changed

Always thought rollins cash in was done to make roman more sympathetic and they thought that would get roman were they want him to be

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

The guy has more money than he could spend in many lifetimes and he's old enough and set in his ways to where the most important thing to him now is to vindicate his line of thinking on his biggest, most public failures. Roman's push, and the XFL. He can't just accept he was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,058 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What next for him, Raw to finally feud with Miz?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What next for him, Raw to finally feud with Miz?

Id rather The Miz move to feud with him. Smackdown needs him back.

I suspect the AJ Styles v DB match happened because one of them (I presume AJ) is headed to Raw.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

With the PPV now both Smackdown and RAW I don't want to see Bryan wasted in the undercard. Get him into big bouts with the best opponents.

AJ v Nakamura v Bryan

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Id rather The Miz move to feud with him. Smackdown needs him back.

I suspect the AJ Styles v DB match happened because one of them (I presume AJ) is headed to Raw.

AJ-Bryan looked to be pretty clearly booked so that they could get Nakamura booed for causing the non finish. I thought that when they announced it and when they did it.

I would imagine they will be doing a 3 way program for that title. I'd rather they occupied Bryan for a while and wait until Summerslam for that. Perhaps they will, with Owens & Zayn somehow getting back involved with Bryan to occupy him for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,294 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I kind of like the idea of having Miz on a different Brand taunting Bryan from a far maybe to Survivor Series where they are on opposite brand teams and they just tease meeting.

All the while both are in their own programmes on their brands.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DM_7 wrote: »
    With the PPV now both Smackdown and RAW I don't want to see Bryan wasted in the undercard. Get him into big bouts with the best opponents.

AJ v Nakamura v Bryan

I’ve a feeling Bryan will be on Raw next week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I too think he might be Raw bound but they might just get someone like Finn (and the club hopefully) to replace him.

We can have Miz vs Bryan on Raw
    And AJ vs Finn w/The Club on SD

• Advertisement

I think there are clearer thinkers in that office then to put Bryan on the same brand as Reigns as Reigns is failing to get over again, 4 years later. Would be shocked if they put themselves straight back into that position.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,801 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Would like them to tease the Miz feud a bit more. Move Bryan to Raw and have them interact only for Miz to get moved to Smackdown the next night

For arguments sake, if Bryan moves to Raw where Roman will soon be champion and Joe is his first challenger, what would Bryan do? Just be a midcarder feuding with Miz?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Monokne wrote: »
    For arguments sake, if Bryan moves to Raw where Roman will soon be champion and Joe is his first challenger, what would Bryan do? Just be a midcarder feuding with Miz?

While its not where Id view him, I cant help but think thats where they will put him if he moved to Raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

beakerjoe wrote: »
    While its not where Id view him, I cant help but think thats where they will put him if he moved to Raw.

Move Miz to Smackdown, have him win the WWE title sometime near the end of 2018. Keep Bryan in top feuds until then without fighting for the title, have the Miz just be a chicken**** heel and he won't give Bryan a title shot. Have Bryan win the Royal Rumble and go into WM 35 fighting Miz for the WWE title, and beat him. Then Bryan get's a long title run to cement his legend.

Agree about RAW, also to be fed to heels that Reigns will overcome in his long title run. They throw him in "dream" matches to keep the fans of their backs, and give him a run with some secondary belt. But he's never going to the main focus on that brand, Reigns, Ronda and Braun will always get the shine while Bryan just be there stuck in a spot. Be a massive disaster imo, just leave him on Smackdown and build the brand around him.

Miz versus anyone is presented as mid card. Miz v anyone is Miz running them down on the mic and then losing. Miz is another Bray Wyatt (talks a lot, has his entourage/family, loses any feuds to upper card talent etc) and below where Bryan's level should be.

I don't want Miz to be the chicken heel. Want a heated feud. The Talking Smack segment was great because of the genuine heat he felt. He wasn't being brave just because he knew Bryan couldn't do anything. Seemed he would've said it all anyway.

The ship has sailed on Miz at the very top level. His work and presence just aren't there.

Miz was not even presented as well as he is now until the total diva's gig arrived.

Really he is doing great for himself but any Bryan feud would be a B PPV and be lucky to last 3 weeks. At least it should be, otherwise they are wasting Bryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,058 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Miz/Maryse Vs. Bryan/Brie for Summerslam :p

• Advertisement

Baby on a pole? Ladder match with babies above ring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Baby on a pole? Ladder match with babies above ring

Vince Russo loves this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Just watching little clips over the last 2 years or so, and they really told an awesome story without even knowing it. Just makes his meandering return to the ring even more frustrating. And it's not about having the patience to let them "tell their story", it's about how they've presented him. Feels like I'm just watching another guy on the roster and that's criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Just watching little clips over the last 2 years or so, and they really told an awesome story without even knowing it. Just makes his meandering return to the ring even more frustrating. And it's not about having the patience to let them "tell their story", it's about how they've presented him. Feels like I'm just watching another guy on the roster and that's criminal.

It's what they do. Any returning superstar, any new superstar, or any NXT call-up - within weeks they are just another guy, at best.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    It's what they do. Any returning superstar, any new superstar, or any NXT call-up - within weeks they are just another guy, at best.

Hey Bobby Lashley's sisters have never been more over! :mad::P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I firmly believe Bryan is a cute whooer. Was always going to play ball and sign a new contract if he could and avoid returning to the small ponds.

If he has, then we'll see a slow down in his use. Maybe Team Hell No will last longer now instead of Kane turning on him tonight

Advertisement