Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daniel Bryan cleared

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

That phrase never say never which is used in wrestling a lot really is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

This actually put a huge smile on my face. Delighted for Bryan but hope he is used on a wayyjay keeps him healthy and safe

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Only thing I can say right now is "holy ****"

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hopefully this ends the silly conspiracy theories that WWE were deliberately keeping him out of action. It was always a case of whether or not Joseph Maroon felt he was fit and able and it seems the treatments Bryan has taken have aided him in that regard.

This time he will presumably perform much more sensibly as compared to the last time he returned when he continued doing extremely risky stuff and promptly got injured again.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Fantastic news. Just in time for WrestleMania.

I always thought the run he had a few years ago got the biggest crowd reaction since the attitude era.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Had a feeling this would happen. Delighted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Great news

Hopefully keep him away from the ring until one of the big 4. A miz fued would be great to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Fantastic news

For him to be cleared now he must really have the all clear

So many good matchups going forward

Styles, Nakamura, Rollins, Balor, Samoa Joe - and his probably Mania opponents KO and Zayn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I'm stunned to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yes! Yes! (Someone had to..)

I’m a bit disappointed they didn’t do the reveal live on Smackdown tonight but I guess they want a ratings boost. Delighted for Bryan he clearly was desperate to get back in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

yes-y0ljcPCxtJQVq

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I honestly thought it was fake when i first saw it but the smile hasnt left my face since i read it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Holy s**t balls. This is amazing news!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Book him against Brock

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I can't believe they did not save this for Smackdown

But I am so so thrilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

1luX.gif

I'm still gobsmacked at this..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If Styles IS hurt, then Bryan vs Nakamura would be an incredible replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Might as well clear him as he would just go somewhere else to wrestle

• Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

This time he will presumably perform much more sensibly as compared to the last time he returned when he continued doing extremely risky stuff and promptly got injured again.

This. This. This.

When he came back last time he was an idiot, stupidly dangerous spots in throwaway matches on SD ffs.

He doesn't need to go close to as all out as he did in his previous run whatsoever as the crowd will cheer him no matter what.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Still only 36 too so plenty of peak years ahead.

Amazing news.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If Styles IS hurt, then Bryan vs Nakamura would be an incredible replacement.

You know what would be better than that?

Bryan v Nak V BIG DAWG ROMAN REIGNS. :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Rjd2 wrote: »
    You know what would be better than that?

Bryan v Nak V BIG DAWG ROMAN REIGNS. :D

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 28,801 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Great news. But once again they ruined what would've been a brilliant surprise when he just starts attacking someone or is a surprise opponent.

Interesting that this comes after I was reading yesterday that he had turned down a Mania match because they just wanted him to do light work. Guess they came to some kind of deal and now they're announcing this.

Will we finally get the payoff/continuation to the feud with The Miz? Imagine if this wasn't announced and the Miz issued an open challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,294 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This is to sell WM on the Network as Bryan replaces AJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Bet he gets teamed up with Strowman for the tag team match at mania

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Great news. But once again they ruined what would've been a brilliant surprise when he just starts attacking someone or is a surprise opponent.

Interesting that this comes after I was reading yesterday that he had turned down a Mania match because they just wanted him to do light work. Guess they came to some kind of deal and now they're announcing this.

Will we finally get the payoff/continuation to the feud with The Miz? Imagine if this wasn't announced and the Miz issued an open challenge.

This sounds entirely false. Where did you read it?

The dynamics at play are that on their end they want to be able to avoid a potential lawsuit or an avalanche of bad PR were he to wrestle and something went wrong, and on his end, he wants to able to do what he loves. The idea that they're going to clear him in a minimal nature, perhaps similar to how they used Bret Hart, feels wildly unlikely. For one they wouldn't be protected from a suit, and for a second, he would be unhappy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

It’d be funny if he still fecked off at the end of his contract.

This is to sell WM on the Network as Bryan replaces AJ.

Can’t see Bryan being in anything other than a tag match with Shane against Sami/KO.

• Advertisement

Pentecost wrote: »
    It’d be funny if he still fecked off at the end of his contract.

He still could. Just cause WWE have cleared him doesn’t mean they’ll use him right.

His booking will be key to if he hangs around or not.

Advertisement