Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 7 Plus €399

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

stejk11 wrote: »
    Look's like you can get it sim free in Power City now

https://powercity.ie/product/9013101

No mention of a FM Radio. Clever girl :pac:

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Why's that? I used it on my unlocked Pixel 2 for quite a while.

Apparently Google has introduced APN hiding in Android 8.1. If you check out the Vodafone forum, there are numerous complaints from folk on Vodafone PAYG who have had their credit eaten recently when tethering and the common denominator seems to be this started to happen either after they've bought a new phone or updated Android to 8.1.

The Vodafone HS APN, which costs 19c/MB to use, regardless of whether you have a data bundle or not, is automatically switched to by the OS when tethering and can't be deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 glinnwest

If you look around you can get S8 for around 400 euros, Nokia isn't appealing at all when big players get cheap couple months after release

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Hi there,

We can confirm that the Nokia 7 Plus is not locked to the network.

Thanks,
    Ailis

Confirmed from Vodafone rep from Vodafone forum... the €319 7 Plus' are unlocked.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

glinnwest wrote: »
    If you look around you can get S8 for around 400 euros, Nokia isn't appealing at all when big players get cheap couple months after release

Where? Do you have a link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

rizzee wrote: »
    Confirmed from Vodafone rep from Vodafone forum... the €319 7 Plus' are unlocked.

Can u buy in store or only on line?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

We are not all on a race to try to afford a Samsung, you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭corks finest

stejk11 wrote: »
    Look's like you can get it sim free in Power City now

https://powercity.ie/product/9013101

Too dear

marcbrophy wrote: »
    We are not all on a race to try to afford a Samsung, you know?

Agree,my smallie went from Apple to Nokia,good move, delighted I got him to move from the apple monster

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The S8 was released this time last year so it's a bit more than a couple of months.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Still waiting for him to post a link of an S8 for 400 new.
    Cheapest I've seen is around 500 from a REPUTABLE seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

He probably didn't mean new... There are S8's for around (more than) 400 on adverts and the likes for second hand. But sure this thread isn't about S8 :D

Yakult wrote: »
    Still waiting for him to post a link of an S8 for 400 new.
    Cheapest I've seen is around 500 from a REPUTABLE seller.

Must be selling one,ha ha

Anyone get or hear of others getting the Google home mini yet? :)

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Where? Do you have a link?

More recently amazon.co.uk right around 400

More recently amazon.co.uk right around 400
    /gp/offer-listing/B06XYMCMHD/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Anyone get or hear of others getting the Google home mini yet? :)

I sen't for mine 6/7 days ago,no word,and Google handed them out with the pixel around Christmas,but they took 4 plus weeks to deliver

I sen't for mine 6/7 days ago,no word,and Google handed them out with the pixel around Christmas,but they took 4 plus weeks to deliver

That's good enough I guess, they are giving them away for free, so not much room for us to complain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭EnzoScifo

/gp/offer-listing/B06XYMCMHD/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

The only price around €400 is a "Just launched" amazon marketplace seller.

Think I'll pass on that.

That's good enough I guess, they are giving them away for free, so not much room for us to complain :)

Agree,if it comes it comes

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Parcel Wizard is cheaper than Parcel Motel and they deliver directly to your home/work address at no extra cost.

Parcel Wizard is cheaper than Parcel Motel and they deliver directly to your home/work address at no extra cost.

Oh God now I find out,after signing up for parcel motel,,,,oh well!

Parcel wizard use bogey address etc in the UK,as parcel motel' does,as AFAIK the Google mini require s UK address

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

Why are ye using Parcel Motel and Parcel Wizard? The free Google Mini promotion allows for delivery to an address in Ireland.

ETA T&Cs: https://www.nokia.com/en_gb/phones/googlehomemini-promotion-rules

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Why are ye using Parcel Motel and Parcel Wizard? The free Google Mini promotion allows for delivery to an address in Ireland.

Read that too however it kept saying to enter a valid postcode with my Eircode not being accepted so used PM.

Link I got was only accept ING UK address

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Here, I just for the first time decided to try out the supplied headphones, and the headphone jack is not going all the way in or even in far enough to be secure.
    Just wondering is this the norm or is my headphone jack faulty, it's not the headphones because I tried another pair

Here, I just for the first time decided to try out the supplied headphones, and the headphone jack is not going all the way in or even in far enough to be secure.
    Just wondering is this the norm or is my headphone jack faulty, it's not the headphones because I tried another pair

Mine works fine, but I did have to give it a bit of a push until it clicked in fully. Other headphones go in more easily, but the ones supplied seem to be a bit more of a snug fit.

bring it back I'd say ASAP, AFAIK my small fellas one goes all the way in

• Advertisement

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Read that too however it kept saying to enter a valid postcode with my Eircode not being accepted so used PM.
    Link I got was only accept ING UK address

Odd. It accepted my Eircode no problem.

Advertisement