Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 7 Plus €399

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭emo72

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Voda LV out of stock till tuesday

jimmy my missus must have got that last one there today. got it around 6. lovely looking phone, but im not using it till i get a screen protector.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dreading_dire

bit the bullet and got this today. super phone so far. was worried about size but it's a-ok.
    took some images - https://imgur.com/a/38jcd6p

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

bit the bullet and got this today. super phone so far. was worried about size but it's a-ok.
    took some images - https://imgur.com/a/38jcd6p

Looks like you got it from Vodafone. Did it come unlocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

Has anyone gotten a security update of any sort since purchasing the phone ? Mine is still on the 01-Feb release, and checking for updates says its up to date. I see a question on the Talk-To Vodafone board about this - as yet unanswered. Mine is a TA-1046 dual sim from UK - so i wouldn't expect any carrier interference in delivering updates, as you would expect from Android one.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭EnzoScifo

Vodafone click and collect is a load of ****e. Bought this online yesterday morning where it says phone will be in the store the next day after 12pm. Turn up at 5pm and no sign of it. Being sent down by an post as well, so I won't get it until Monday. Disaster!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 dreading_dire

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Looks like you got it from Vodafone. Did it come unlocked?

yip

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Pugzilla wrote:
    Possibly because the phones have to be bought from UK or Irish retailers?

It doesn't mention who are the retailers in the t&c. Not that I saw.
    And that's where I'd expect to see the rationale.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dmanzabyte

Anyone find a good case/screen protector for this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Has someone found the sweet spot for NFC with this phone?

I don't seam to get NFC working with any card or apps but its on, so I wonder where you best match up the sensors.

More up than down anyway. I think it's just underneath the fingerprint sensor, from experiences so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭biebiebie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

So far I like mine, the only thing that I find disappointing so far is the audio quality.

I had the Vodafone smart platinum before with audio maxx and that was very good but the Nokia 7 plus even after playing with the equalizer is not even near to satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭robinwing

Has anybody put a compass on it yet ?anybody know a good one in Google play or similar ?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭robinwing

should read COMPASS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭donnacha

dmanzabyte wrote: »
    Anyone find a good case/screen protector for this yet?

Bump. Can anyone recommend a good case?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

donnacha wrote: »
    Bump. Can anyone recommend a good case?

There is noting wrong with the one that comes with the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭corks finest

There is noting wrong with the one that comes with the phone.

Got a nice one for the smallie, mobile fun e6.99

So tonight I connected the phone via Bluetooth to my jambox and the sound is way better than via the headphone jack.

I tried both jack and Bluetooth and Bluetooth is way better with the equalizer showing clear impact.

Anybody seeing the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭EnzoScifo

Found the earphones very good tbh. Bluetooth is excellent alright, I think it's 5.0 so supports better quality audio.

Got my phone earlier. Like it a lot so far. the Snapdragon 660 definitely is a step up from the 625.

Only thing is that My phone is still on 8.0 with 1st Feb security and no update in sight. Really hope vodafone isn't hobbling Android one.

There is a topic over in the ask Vodafone area with the usual answer of 'when available we push'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭corks finest

EnzoScifo wrote: »
    Found the earphones very good tbh. Bluetooth is excellent alright, I think it's 5.0 so supports better quality audio.

Got my phone earlier. Like it a lot so far. the Snapdragon 660 definitely is a step up from the 625.

Only thing is that My phone is still on 8.0 with 1st Feb security and no update in sight. Really hope vodafone isn't hobbling Android one.

Bluetooth via my Roberts is outstanding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

There is a topic over in the ask Vodafone area with the usual answer of 'when available we push'.
    Maybe it is hobbled by them, but mine is SIM / Carrier free - no branding etc of any sort - and i am still on Feb 1 update too. Not even sure who to whinge at about it !

Ya, the update issue for unlocked phones bought through vodafone is not a vodafone issue. It's Nokia who pushes out the updates.

Does anyone have face unlock on their 7 Plus? Read that the euro version doesn't support it.

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Does anyone have face unlock on their 7 Plus? Read that the euro version doesn't support it.

There is an option under "security" settings, then "smart lock" to add a "trusted face".
    Is that what you're after?

There is an option under "security" settings, then "smart lock" to add a "trusted face".
    Is that what you're after?

Thanks, I'll check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

As a three customer is my best bet to buy this on Vodafone pay as you go for 319?

eh i dunno wrote: »
    As a three customer is my best bet to buy this on Vodafone pay as you go for 319?

Ya, that's what I went for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Ya, that's what I went for.

And the phone is unlocked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭EdEd

Have you read the thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,444 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

EdEd wrote: »
    Have you read the thread?

Really?

The initial batch certainly were, but there's no way to know how long it will be before VF start locking them.

Get in there quick :)

Advertisement