Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 7 Plus €399

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭corks finest

Spoke to Nokia chat, categorically said no FM radio +have screenshot)spoke to VF chat,they checked it out and said definitely yes it should have the FM radio,so guess VF or Nokia are advertising falsely,to say th least, contacted VF again, waiting.

jimmynokia wrote: »
    NO FM RADIO Folks...

Yeah ,spoke to Nokia customer care/live chat today, confirmed it,no FM radio, couldn't understand why VF are advertising it as having it

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭robinwing

I got FM radio via playstore as someone advised , the battery life is amazing but the sound that notifies a text received is very weak . Can this be changed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

robinwing wrote: »
    I got FM radio via playstore as someone advised , the battery life is amazing but the sound that notifies a text received is very weak . Can this be changed ?

Which one was it? Spirit?

marcbrophy wrote: »

Radio FM

• Advertisement

I also bought easy voice recorder pro by digipom for just under 4 euro . Vodafone saying FM radio as standard is a con , they should be taken on by nokia 7 purchasers and forced to give purchasers a bit of a refund , strength in unity

robinwing wrote: »
    I also bought easy voice recorder pro by digipom for just under 4 euro . Vodafone saying FM radio as standard is a con , they should be taken on by nokia 7 purchasers and forced to give purchasers a bit of a refund , strength in unity

I'm in the process ATM

I tried all FM radio apps on the store no joy, spill?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

The Nokia 7 Plus will be getting the beta for Android P shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭emo72

is the vodafone payg 319 deal sim unlocked?

• Advertisement

emo72 wrote: »
    is the vodafone payg 319 deal sim unlocked?

Mine was. Phone works with a 3 Mobile SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭emo72

can i just buy it in any vodafone store?

Mine was. Phone works with a 3 Mobile SIM.

Yes

emo72 wrote: »
    can i just buy it in any vodafone store?

Yes

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

I'm with Three. If I order the 7 plus from Vodafone, my prepay 3 sim will work with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭F@ces

I see Amazon are advertising a 3G and an LTE version. The latter isn't available yet. Would it be worth waiting for that one?

Link to sign up for the developer version of Android P:

https://www.nokia.com/en_int/phones/developer

No OTA option though, needs the be upgraded manually. The reversion to Oreo needs to be manual too.

F@ces wrote: »
    I see Amazon are advertising a 3G and an LTE version. The latter isn't available yet. Would it be worth waiting for that one?

7 plus is LTE is it not and 3G etc

I tried all FM radio apps on the store no joy, spill?

Nothing to spill as such!
    I just remember being recommended Spirit before on a Sony Ericsson, but it didn't work for me :(

Also pretty certain that Radio FM is a internet based app, not tapping into the radio part of the SoC.

Nothing to spill as such!
    I just remember being recommended Spirit before on a Sony Ericsson, but it didn't work for me :(

Also pretty certain that Radio FM is a internet based app, not tapping into the radio part of the SoC.

No FM app for live radio works ,tried them all

• Advertisement

No FM app for live radio works ,tried them all

Oh I know all too well! :)

How about trying an extracted APK from the Nokia 6, to see if that works? Post number 2

https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-6/themes/nokia-6-stock-fm-radio-app-apk-t3686217

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭breeno

I’ve signed up for the android p beta. Interesting to see how it looks and performs. What’s interesting too is that the rollback file is the android 8.1 update that we’re still waiting for so if p doesn’t go well I’ll still get the 8.1 update to replace it!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

breeno wrote: »
    I’ve signed up for the android p beta. Interesting to see how it looks and performs. What’s interesting too is that the rollback file is the android 8.1 update that we’re still waiting for so if p doesn’t go well I’ll still get the 8.1 update to replace it!

Be warned though that if you upgrade to 8.1 or beyond, you'll likely lose the ability to tether using the Live APN if you're with Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Quackster wrote: »
    Be warned though that if you upgrade to 8.1 or beyond, you'll likely lose the ability to tether using the Live APN if you're with Vodafone.

Why's that? I used it on my unlocked Pixel 2 for quite a while.

7 plus is LTE is it not and 3G etc

Maybe I'm confusing this with the LTE announcement for second sim (https://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/nokia-7-plus-lte-second-sim-slot-support-1847108)? If you look at amazon.co.uk Nokia have 2 types - a comparison table has one as 3G and the other as LTE (but latter not available). I assume this is just badly marketed so and I can pull the trigger?

Oh I know all too well! :)

How about trying an extracted APK from the Nokia 6, to see if that works? Post number 2

https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-6/themes/nokia-6-stock-fm-radio-app-apk-t3686217

Good Idea, something similar was possible in earlier models

Maybe I'm confusing this with the LTE announcement for second sim (https://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/nokia-7-plus-lte-second-sim-slot-support-1847108)? If you look at amazon.co.uk Nokia have 2 types - a comparison table has one as 3G and the other as LTE (but latter not available). I assume this is just badly marketed so and I can pull the trigger?
    Definitely,this phone definitely has our LTE 20 or equivalent,as my smallie has full 4G

Definitely,this phone definitely has our LTE 20 or equivalent,as my smallie has full 4G

Great, thanks 😊

Good Idea, something similar was possible in earlier models

Did you try it?
    I don't actually have my phone yet, so I can't test it, sorry :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭stejk11

Look's like you can get it sim free in Power City now

https://powercity.ie/product/9013101

Advertisement