Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 7 Plus €399

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

You could have an app that's creating some unusual activity... I'd also change my SIM card. Very unusual for this to happen twice to the same user, when so many other users haven't had the experience at all... There has to be mitigating circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

I'm having the issue on Eir & Vodafone, both SIM cards are new.

The issue seems to only occur when WiFi is enabled & in use, if I am out of range of my WiFi or if I disable it I don't get the issue.

Alfie1 wrote: »
    I'm having the issue on Eir & Vodafone, both SIM cards are new.

The issue seems to only occur when WiFi is enabled & in use, if I am out of range of my WiFi or if I disable it I don't get the issue.
    Has it happened on multiple different WiFi networks?

I'm not sure, so far I've only noticed it at home, I'll test it when I get a chance.

Thanks for the help BTW.

I'm not sure, so far I've only noticed it at home, I'll test it when I get a chance.

Thanks for the help BTW.
    It possibly could be your security protocol causing some software conflicts. Try resetting your WiFi router. If that doesn't work, check what security standard it's using, and play with that. Static or non static IP. 2.5 or 5 GHz...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Thanks for your detailed contribution.

You alright there precious? Am I not allowed have an opinion on a phone I bought and not happy with. Phone constantly freezes on me. I'm perfectly entitled to warn people off buying this phone and a quick Google search will show plenty of others with the same problem.

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Thanks for your detailed contribution.

You alright there precious? Am I not allowed have an opinion on a phone I bought and not happy with. Phone constantly freezes on me. I'm perfectly entitled to warn people off buying this phone and a quick Google search will show plenty of others with the same problem.
    I totally agree, but this is a discussion forum and you made a blanket comment without context... That is conjecture and not discussion. Your response above shows a lack of maturity and the previous poster was entitled to more than a snotty quip. Thank you for the additional information and I hope you are happy with your current phone.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I totally agree, but this is a discussion forum and you made a blanket comment without context... That is conjecture and not discussion. Your response above shows a lack of maturity and the previous poster was entitled to more than a snotty quip. Thank you for the additional information and I hope you are happy with your current phone.

I still have the Nokia 7 plus. I spent over 300 on it and it's been a major disappointment and I'm trying to warn other people off buying it. Link attached for anyone thinking of buying it. httpss://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/3404/nokia-7-plus-continuously-hangs-device-unusable-until-locked-and-unlocked-again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,170 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Every Phone has issues and so far I always found work-arounds for the issues that I discovered with my Nokia.

For the price I paid it is a decent device, but I would not purchase it now because there are never versions out.

For the WiFi issue I have now narrowed it down to only happen on 5 Ghz where it uses 20/40/80 Mhz bands, changing it to 20/40 results in no more connection problems. It's strange because a band should not cause the error of no internet but it resolves it for me 100% of the time where I discover the issue.

For the device hanging or even sporadic reboot I narrowed it down to only happening to me after security updates or updates to my 3rd party launchers. Reverting back to the quickstart launcher (i.e. the standard) the device is behaving fine. Uninstall and Re-install of 3rd party launcher and making it primary again resolves the issue until the next security or launcher update. Same action quickstart launcher/3rd party launcher and I'm back to normal services.

For the low audio on the physical port, unfortunatly with Pie they removed the snapdragon FX equalizer which allowed to up volume even further, but that is what other OEMS also have done. A 3rd party FX Booster got my audio loud again. This is really the only major negative thing with this phone, the audio via the port. Bluetooth is fine, but I prefer a cable.

Obviously this is for my device only and others might have other problems.

… For the price I paid it is a decent device, but I would not purchase it now because there are never versions out.

For the WiFi issue I have now narrowed it down to only happen on 5 Ghz where it uses 20/40/80 Mhz bands, changing it to 20/40 results in no more connection problems. It's strange because a band should not cause the error of no internet but it resolves it for me 100% of the time where I discover the issue ...

What phone would you recommend now for about €300 ?
    It needs to be unlocked or on EIR & I want NFC & a reasonably good camera, Android One also would be a bonus ?
    I want a phone which I can buy in Ireland so if I have any issues I can return it for repair without too much trouble.

Is that a WiFi setting on the Nokia or on the router you are changing ?

• Advertisement

… For the price I paid it is a decent device, but I would not purchase it now because there are never versions out.

For the WiFi issue I have now narrowed it down to only happen on 5 Ghz where it uses 20/40/80 Mhz bands, changing it to 20/40 results in no more connection problems. It's strange because a band should not cause the error of no internet but it resolves it for me 100% of the time where I discover the issue ...

What phone would you recommend now for about €300 ?
    It needs to be unlocked or on EIR & I want NFC & a reasonably good camera, Android One also would be a bonus ?
    I want a phone which I can buy in Ireland so if I have any issues I can return it for repair without too much trouble.
    Nokia 7.1... which is a newer model than the 7plus

Nokia 7.1... which is a newer model than the 7plus

Newer model but a downgrade ?

Smaller screen 5.8 v 6

smaller battery 3060 v 3800

less Ram 3 v 4

half the internal storage 32 v 64

smaller megapixel cameras Front + Rear (secondary rear) 8 + 12 (5) v 16 + 12 (13)

Then get an 8.1

A fair jump in price for the 8.1

Hopefully I can get my 7 Plus sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

I don't think the 7 Plus and 7.1 are related, there is also a Nokia 7 which I think the 7.1 is an upgrade of (but has less ram). 7.1 Plus would be the upgraded 7 Plus (but that's not a real thing ... Yet)

Is that a WiFi setting on the Nokia or on the router you are changing ?

Router settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

eh i dunno wrote: »
    I still have the Nokia 7 plus. I spent over 300 on it and it's been a major disappointment and I'm trying to warn other people off buying it. Link attached for anyone thinking of buying it. httpss://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/3404/nokia-7-plus-continuously-hangs-device-unusable-until-locked-and-unlocked-again
    It helps when you also explain why it is that you dislike the phone. Now that you have, I don't recall anyone else on this thread having this issue, and, people on the link that you posted that got replacement devices didn't experience the issue again. So now it's your mission to warn others off it altogether? Who were you calling "Precious"?

iggy wrote: »
    Freeze.. Luck.. Unlock... Then BROWSE Wtf? .
    Is it hardware problem?
    Got all the updates but still the same.

Gonna get rid.

It's only me having problems with the phone in this thread apparently??

… For the WiFi issue I have now narrowed it down to only happen on 5 Ghz where it uses 20/40/80 Mhz bands, changing it to 20/40 results in no more connection problems. It's strange because a band should not cause the error of no internet but it resolves it for me 100% of the time where I discover the issue ...

Changing the WiFi setting on the router has resolve the issue.

Thanks a lot Yggr of Asgard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Changing the WiFi setting on the router has resolve the issue.

How does one go about doing this ???

TIA Kat1170

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

GBX wrote: »
    Has anyone had issues with the WiFi connecting but staying on "connected no internet " for a few minutes? Latest update installed.

I am getting that a lot recently, I had to switch to 5ghz wifi at home. Thought it was because the memory is nearly full and it was having knowck on effects. Havent got round to remembering how to upload photos, videos to google drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

I posted a few pages back about having internet connection issues (but not round the house wifi - that was always fine) with a few devices, including the 7 Plus. It also happened with a couple of samsung tablets and a lenovo laptop. I suspected the router as those devices only gave these issues in my house, but even a factory reset didn't fix it. But when i completely shutdown the 5 Ghz band, hey presto - haven't had a connection issue since.

I use Virgin Media, the current broadband only (not TV) router. I need to get it replaced as i suspect a h/ware issue. It worked fine for 2 years before this started happened with the tablets. Therefore it might be worth your while shutting down 5Ghz to test your phone when it has issues.

Kat1170 wrote: »
    How does one go about doing this ???

TIA Kat1170

Sorry I can't help, someone else changed the settings for me.

Feb update now available

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Hope that sorts out the 2.4g WiFi issue. Multiple locations and only 5g is working.
    Though it's only security patch, unlikely so?

Edit 2:
    Perhaps not when it stopped working on 5ghz wifi while updating...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,936 ✭✭✭✭GBX

The 7 plus is going to be included in the beta for Android Q :D Hopefully there's plenty more life in the old dog yet !
    https://www.xda-developers.com/android-q-beta-include-more-smartphones-p/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,936 ✭✭✭✭GBX

What? I don't follow random links...

Sorry for the inconvenience. :rolleyes:

"Some Nokia phones in Europe sent user data to China, potentially violating GDPR ..... "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Androidpolice isn't a random link..

Advertisement