Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show 16th March - May The Misery Be With You

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Not Cark!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,617 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Some of the health freak stuff will down the line be outted as actually bad for you like those tools in the Green Party who encouraged diesel cars but it turns out they kill $hit loads more people than petrol cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,168 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Not Cark!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Jesus, he'll need a long rest after that, solo album might be delayed a bit

Unfortunately it looks that way.Bruce was always the one person in the music business that I thought would never become a nostalgia act.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Well lads until tomorrow when a leprechaun will be around to entertain us....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,814 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

They're not actually ok if they have cancer and don't know about it.

They just have cancer and aren't being treated.

I know what you're saying. A lot of people do to get treating for something small and then get told they have cancer, even though they had no ill effects. It's then the medication and chemo that kills em .

• Registered Users Posts: 24,564 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Some of the health freak stuff will down the line be outted as actually bad for you like those tools in the Green Party who encouraged diesel cars but it turns out they kill $hit loads more people than petrol cars.

Not really. The emissions are pretty much identical now. They just have excise thats much lower on the basis that it's better for there environment.

Van The Man live On BBC Four right now :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

M

Not really. The emissions are pretty much identical now. They just have excise thats much lower on the basis that it's better for there environment.

Eh no. You have no measure whatsoever of emissions at NCT for diesel cars, you have people cutting the DPF filter out of their car and no check whatsoever done at NCT to verify the existance of DPF filter, complete and absolute joke to finance France and Germany's car industries with ourselves fookwitted in like idiots towing the EU line while our citizens die.

• Advertisement

I know what you're saying. A lot of people do to get treating for something small and then get told they have cancer, even though they had no ill effects. It's then the medication and chemo that kills em .

Well, not really. It's usually the cancer that kills them.

Not the medication and chemo.

Some weird **** on that EMMA awards programme on RTE2.Jools Holland does have similar stuff on his Later Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

Berserker wrote: »
    One set of traffic lights in the whole county, I've been told. Never been there myself.

It's beyond me how that sort of thing is reported as a bad thing. "Yeah the poor bastards have no traffic"

"Just 2 pound a month is enough to put a Leitrim family in a 10 minute hold up on a twisty road once a week. Please give £2 or whatever you can"

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Romantic film on after the news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

sligojoek wrote: »
    Back in the camcorder days I filmed MacGowan singing "Free born man of the traveling people". I must convert it some day. Along with the shoe box of other stuff I have.

Setup a nice little Youtube channel.
    I Will. I just need a pc/laptop that can work fast enough. I tried converting stuff before but it's very laggy. The machine I have had seen batter days.

Eh no. You have no measure whatsoever of emissions at NCT for diesel cars, you have people cutting the DPF filter out of their car and no check whatsoever done at NCT to verify the existance of DPF filter, complete and absolute joke to finance France and Germany's car industries with ourselves fookwitted in like idiots towing the EU line while our citizens die.

Ok point taken. Just basing it on the studies that have the emissions of the worrying kinds from petrol and diesel per kWh.

Accept that they may not necessarily be accurate but I don't think that diesel cars kill shìtloads more than petrol cars unless there's a study on hoe bad the drivers are of diesel cars

screamer wrote: »
    Well lads until tomorrow when a leprechaun will be around to entertain us....

There's no chance of anyone getting near ray's pot of gold, until the plumbing goes tits up again in his house & ray turns into Gollum when Jenny's not around :p
    Skid X wrote: »
    That's our Linda

Linda did this and the Mick McCarthy duet earlier.

She was always very generous with charitable causes.

Oh that's right, she helped out Twink once :rolleyes:;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

It's better than CORK.

I'm pretty sure Cork doesn't exist. The Atlantis of Ireland. Met plenty who said "I know where it is" or "I've been there". All lies, the place is a fantasy, and not a good fantasy like Tír na nÓg where everybody is cool and lives happily for hundreds of years. Cork is the kind of place where you wallow in dreary misery for hundreds of years listening to dodgy accents. If Cork does exist (which is does not) it would be worse than Leitrim...but not by much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

I agree. My father in law fell down the stairs and was dead 6 weeks later from cancer and he said to me a few times that he was sorry he found out about the cancer and went for chemo.

Till tomorrow night, folks!

Nos da :)

And to all the LLS thread regulars, have a great St. Patrick’s Day weekend! :D

• Advertisement

Jerry Springer on with Ray tomorrow night.More anti Trump on RTE ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I may or may not be around tomorrow depending on how the rugby and the drinking goes.

As Jerry would say, take care of yourselves - and each other!

pilly wrote: »
    I agree. My father in law fell down the stairs and was dead 6 weeks later from cancer and he said to me a few times that he was sorry he found out about the cancer and went for chemo.

He'd just have been dead sooner. Chemo isn't pleasant so I can understand why people don't go for it or stop.

M

Ok point taken. Just basing it on the studies that have the emissions of the worrying kinds from petrol and diesel per kWh.

Accept that they may not necessarily be accurate but I don't think that diesel cars kill shoads more than petrol cars unless there's a study on hoe bad the drivers are of diesel cars

Yes walking around the cities or around heavy traffic you will see how bad it is. Worst is you have people doing tiny miles and they have bought a diesel to save €50 a year in motor tax because their tool of a dealer has told them it's what they need despite the fact it's exactly what they don't need because the DPF will not function correctly.

This country is run by backward people so we won't come around to the diesel is bad and killing us for a good 10 years plus, there's too much influence to challenge it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

There is some weird sh1t on that EBBA thing on RTE 2

Yes walking around the cities or around heavy traffic you will see how bad it is. Worst is you have people doing tiny miles and they have bought a diesel to save €50 a year in motor tax because their tool of a dealer has told them it's what they need despite the fact it's exactly what they don't need because the DPF will not function correctly.

This country is run by backward people so we won't come around to the diesel is bad and killing us for a good 10 years plus, there's too much influence to challenge it.

The govt have been told to bring the excise back up and equalise it with petrol but I'm guessing vested interests.

And people scoff at the (primarily) Asian people who at least try and protect themselves with masks from particulates in the city centre

M

The govt have been told to bring the excise back up and equalise it with petrol but I'm guessing vested interests.

And people scoff at the (primarily) Asian people who at least try and protect themselves with masks from particulates in the city centre

Yes lately I am considering getting a mask where a few years back I thought they were loopers.

Yes lately I am considering getting a mask where a few years back I thought they were loopers.

We'll save the world yet!

By 'the world' I mean 'ourselves'.

mzungu wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Cork doesn't exist. The Atlantis of Ireland. Met plenty who said "I know where it is" or "I've been there". All lies, the place is a fantasy, and not a good fantasy like Tír na nÓg where everybody is cool and lives happily for hundreds of years. Cork is the kind of place where you wallow in dreary misery for hundreds of years listening to dodgy accents. If Cork does exist (which is does not) it would be worse than Leitrim...but not by much.

That's bizarre, i don't have any public settings on my laptop & at the bottom of google page, it says:

Ireland Fermoy, County Cork - From your Internet address - Use precise location - Learn more :confused:;)

Till tomorrow night, folks!

Nos da :)

And to all the LLS thread regulars, have a great St. Patrick’s Day weekend! :D

Same here (Lá Fhéile Pádraig) & will have something enlightening for you to watch tomorrow if Ray doesn't :P

Btw: It's not St Patty's Day, i'm far from a saint :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

I don't mean to be rude, but that Hardy Bucks thing sickens my ****in' hole, so it does. Genuinely hate it.

Away with your jackeen schtyle bise

Advertisement