Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R.I.P Stephen Hawking

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭RubyGlee

i had hoped for years that hawkings radiation would be proved. Sad he died never seeing it. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I'm always surprised with people who want to poo poo Christianity literally know nothing about it.

A. In Christianity God is a trinity, father son and spirit. The 'son' of God Christ is God in the flesh. But this flesh(son) is not his own father,
    Bible is clear on this.
    Think of it like 3 flames, Father son and Holy Spirit, put the flames together, you get one.

B. No Christian churches symbolically eat's Christs flesh on Sundays. You are thinking of Roman Catholicism. Different thing.

Frankly I'm amazed people on this forum often don't know the difference between Christianity and Roman Catholicism.

They poo poo it because it is poo poo!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

He was no Fritz Zwicky or Fenyman. The former a complete oddball but a brilliant scientist, there are many like this who don't get the recognition they deserve. This is not to deny Stephen was a brilliant man in his own right, and an inspiration to many. We won't see his like again. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

He was no Fritz Zwicky or Fenyman.
    I'd say he was Feynman's equal. Feynman was a much better public communicator (and his choice of what to communicate was better), but in terms of mental ability I'd say they were the same.

That Fritz Zwicky was superior, I'd be interested to see how you made that judgement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Even Fritz Zwicky was no Fritz Zwicky

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭muckbrien

Dirac and Hawking of course both held the same post.

Diracs contribution to physics is immense and he was said to be Einstein's equal.

Advertisement