Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P2P Lending

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

Need set up company in Lichtenstein, invest through that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭scheister

sKeith wrote: »
    Can you explain how it is 52% or 55%.

I worked it out that people earning between 20k - 70k will pay ~ 44.75% whilst those earning over 70k can expect to pay ~ 48% income tax on the profits. (based on 2018 figures)

If you have non employment income of over 100k you pay an extra 3 per cent USC on the excess (So USC on that amount is 11%)

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mike_cork

scheister wrote: »
    If you have non employment income of over 100k you pay an extra 3 per cent USC on the excess (So USC on that amount is 11%)

Seems fair :pac:
    *Sarcasm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Are rates starting to drop a little on Mintos? I thought the auto invest was totally borked still as none of my portfolios were catching any loans. It turns out there are none available with my criteria. I had to drop the rate on most of my AI portfolios.

Are rates starting to drop a little on Mintos? I thought the auto invest was totally borked still as none of my portfolios were catching any loans. It turns out there are none available with my criteria. I had to drop the rate on most of my AI portfolios.

Yes.
    I did my monthly "settle up" day calculations yesterday and my returns were down

• Advertisement

Invest Access average is down to 12.1 from 12.65 (I think it was)

vargoo wrote: »
    Invest Access average is down to 12.1 from 12.65 (I think it was)

And down again to 11.9

A significant portion of my Mogo 16% loans have been bought back over the last few days. Looks like only 14.5% available now on primary market.

LuteCredit expected to do similar mid Aug fyi.

Filling up fast... They have only 2% skin in the game. As long as they repo there ( im pretty sure i looked them up before and they do), can't really go wrong? Any takers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Katawalah

Been reading this thread for a while now, and find it really interesting.

Curious what would be everyone's top 3 favourite platforms?

I'll start with my own, I'm only invested in 4 platforms in total, so not much to choose from :

1. Mintos : 12.5% return > low maintenance needed, auto-invest does the job, Buyback guarantee, decent diversification across countries and loan originators, loans in EUR, no cash drag for me, and competitive returns.

2. Twino : 10.1% return > I regularly see some cash drag and rates are also down compared to last year, so I'll reduce this position.

3. Linked Finance : 10.3% return (not discounting defaults, so real return is probably more like a 9%). Reducing position as I don't like their business anymore : no buyback guarantee, not possible to choose which companies to invest it, low rates compared to other platforms, defaults starting to rise, etc.

Katawalah wrote: »

I'll start with my own, I'm only invested in 4 platforms in total, so not much to choose from :

1. Mintos : 12.5% return > low maintenance needed, auto-invest does the job, Buyback guarantee, decent diversification across countries and loan originators, loans in EUR, no cash drag for me, and competitive returns.

2. Twino : 10.1% return > I regularly see some cash drag and rates are also down compared to last year, so I'll reduce this position.

3. Linked Finance : 10.3% return (not discounting defaults, so real return is probably more like a 9%). Reducing position as I don't like their business anymore : no buyback guarantee, not possible to choose which companies to invest it, low rates compared to other platforms, defaults starting to rise, etc.

Mine are Mintos,grupeer and peerberry/robocash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Katawalah wrote: »

mintos: I haven't got auto-invest setup so it's low maintenance yet, but very good diversification on site and plenty of loans. I stick to ( € , buyback guarantee, less than 2 months )

robocash: zero maintenance needed, less onsite diversification, with only about 10 lenders. site wide 30 day buyback guarantee

groupeer: I've been fully out before, but was pulled back in. Currently only > 5 month loans and no secondary market, so nothing for me currently available. site wide buyback guarantee.

I can recommend the top two, but i wouldn't be steering friends towards the third, but if there were suddenly a few < 3 months loans to become available, I'd more than likely re-invest there.

I would typically recommend platforms with a good return and where you can have a truely hands off approach. I do not have a favourite but here is a quick summary from my experience:

For example, Mintos is great. It would have at the top of my list for first timers. However the website is totally borked at the moment. Auto Invest is not working correctly and Mintos do not seem to want to know. I can be fully invested today and tomorrow I will about 25% of my funds sitting idle. The AI portfolios are not picking up the loans that are available. Most loans have buyback, watch for originators who do not pay delayed payment interest, eg. Dinero. I've mentioned this previously and posted about a workaround/solution.

TWINO I have exited because of the issues raised in their last audit.

DoFinance were good but they dropped their interest rates to max 9% and I exited the platform. They have since increased that again to 11%. The platform worked nicely. The investments were tucked away for terms and interested paid out on time, each time. All loans have "instant" buyback on the first day after the loan is late and this includes any accrued interest.

Swaper is another good platform. You can get an additional 2% on their rate by investing 5k or more. All loans are now 12% rate, so with VIP you'll get a 14%. There has been serious cash drag on the platform but that appears to have been resolved in recent months. I have been fully invested for some time now. All loans have buyback by 30 days with accrued interest.

PeerBerry is another good platform. Plenty of loan availability up to 12% short term and a few 12.6% -> 13.1% 3 year loans. All loans have buyback by 60 days with accrued interest.

Viventor is another gem. No cash drag, plenty of loan availability. Rates up to 16% now. Typical is 14% short term loans though. Most loans have a buyback at 30, 60 or 90 days with accrued interest and late payment fee. Note some loans have a 'payment guarantee', have a read on the difference in their FAQ.

ViaInvest, I would say is very similar to Viventor. However manual investing is awkward and is a right PITA. Plenty of loan availability. All loans now have the same rate 11%. All loans have buyback by 30 days with accrued interest.

Another few to mention... Lenndy, Grupeer, Robocash. I'll give a recap of those later when I have more time.

I very much wanted to invest in LinkedFinance but after doing my research I decided not to invest.

I would typically recommend platforms with a good return and where you can have a truely hands off approach. I do not have a favourite but here is a quick summary from my experience:

For example, Mintos is great. It would have at the top of my list for first timers. However the website is totally borked at the moment. Auto Invest is not working correctly and Mintos do not seem to want to know. I can be fully invested today and tomorrow I will about 25% of my funds sitting idle. The AI portfolios are not picking up the loans that are available. Most loans have buyback, watch for originators who do not pay delayed payment interest, eg. Dinero. I've mentioned this previously and posted about a workaround/solution.

TWINO I have exited because of the issues raised in their last audit.

DoFinance were good but they dropped their interest rates to max 9% and I exited the platform. They have since increased that again to 11%. The platform worked nicely. The investments were tucked away for terms and interested paid out on time, each time. All loans have "instant" buyback on the first day after the loan is late and this includes any accrued interest.

Swaper is another good platform. You can get an additional 2% on their rate by investing 5k or more. All loans are now 12% rate, so with VIP you'll get a 14%. There has been serious cash drag on the platform but that appears to have been resolved in recent months. I have been fully invested for some time now. All loans have buyback by 30 days with accrued interest.

PeerBerry is another good platform. Plenty of loan availability up to 12% short term and a few 12.6% -> 13.1% 3 year loans. All loans have buyback by 60 days with accrued interest.

Viventor is another gem. No cash drag, plenty of loan availability. Rates up to 16% now. Typical is 14% short term loans though. Most loans have a buyback at 30, 60 or 90 days with accrued interest and late payment fee. Note some loans have a 'payment guarantee', have a read on the difference in their FAQ.

ViaInvest, I would say is very similar to Viventor. However manual investing is awkward and is a right PITA. Plenty of loan availability. All loans now have the same rate 11%. All loans have buyback by 30 days with accrued interest.

Another few to mention... Lenndy, Grupeer, Robocash. I'll give a recap of those later when I have more time.

I very much wanted to invest in LinkedFinance but after doing my research I decided not to invest.

On Viventor-Was reading this blog this morning (I'd be a regular reader) and noticed a word of caution on Viventor.
    https://financiallyfree.eu/portfolio-update-july-2019/#more-4526

Good spot mike_cork. I hadn't seen that yet today. Jørgen does a great job with his blog. If anyone hasn't read it yet I would highly recommend following him.
    I had a quick look and I have about 250 in Aforti 16% loans. Boo. Put them up for sale just in case.

Good spot mike_cork. I hadn't seen that yet today. Jørgen does a great job with his blog. If anyone hasn't read it yet I would highly recommend following him.
    I had a quick look and I have about 250 in Aforti 16% loans. Boo. Put them up for sale just in case.

No prob Clara Sparse Windbreak- I also put up for sale my aforti loans this morning once I saw that post.
    As you say Jorgen is doing a great job and provides lots of useful info. I'd recommend anyone interested in P2P to keep an eye on what he posts.

Really enjoying the info on this thread from all the posters and have been learning a lot.
    Great to keep each other informed on stuff that is happening in the P2P world :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Daddy Ireland

I'm finding this an interesting field.

What i would like to know from regular contributors is how much of their investment portfolio they have tied up in P2P ? Is it money you all can afford to lose. ? The more I read into it the more I get to understand it all but are you guys finding it all time consuming registering on 5 or 6 platforms and keeping track of it all ?

I think anyone who wants information could do with reading this as it's fairly recent :

thesmartinvestor.eu

How to invest 10,000 EUR in P2P? 15 Bloggers Reveal Their Best Ways (including the chap Project Moose and Mike Cork refer to)

I'm finding this an interesting field.

What i would like to know from regular contributors is how much of their investment portfolio they have tied up in P2P ? Is it money you all can afford to lose. ? The more I read into it the more I get to understand it all but are you guys finding it all time consuming registering on 5 or 6 platforms and keeping track of it all ?

I think anyone who wants information could do with reading this as it's fairly recent :

thesmartinvestor.eu

How to invest 10,000 EUR in P2P? 15 Bloggers Reveal Their Best Ways (including the chap Project Moose and Mike Cork refer to)

I have 40% in P2P spread across multiple platforms,40% in cash and 20% in stocks.

I find mintos to be the largest time consumer. Almost all the other platforms run themselves by and large.
    I like P2P to date as it provides a nice monthly income.
    On the last day of the month i record what i made on each platform on my excel spreadsheet so as to keep a track of things.

I must be the only one lowering stake in Mintos!

Waaaaaaay to much of a timesink compared to the rest, dodgy originators hiding their sneaky dealings on pg42 of gibberish reports. Cant trust auto invest to work even remotely right, put 5 figures in there and leave it for 10 days...hoho. Nope.

Not even in my top 4 now.

• Advertisement

I must be the only one lowering stake in Mintos!

Waaaaaaay to much of a timesink compared to the rest, dodgy originators hiding their sneaky dealings on pg42 of gibberish reports. Cant trust auto invest to work even remotely right, put 5 figures in there and leave it for 10 days...hoho. Nope.

Not even in my top 4 now.
    You are not :o
    I've been slowly reducing my exposure on Mintos and will continue to lower my funds there and put into other platforms.
    Auto Invest is broken and Invest & Access is rubbish.
    The first thing i have to do every morning when i get to my work desk, is log into minto and manually invest any funds in my opening balance for the day.

Longterm though i will contine to keep some funds in Mintos though,but just not as much as i have at present!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Im not sure what your settings are lads but Im getting full investment with little or no drag.

The loan repayments are made in the morning and by evening time they are filled.

I cross reference the Mintos ratings with explorep2p ratings and I only use the top rated originators.

Shelflife wrote: »
    Im not sure what your settings are lads but Im getting full investment with little or no drag.

The loan repayments are made in the morning and by evening time they are filled.

I cross reference the Mintos ratings with explorep2p ratings and I only use the top rated originators.

How many originators?

ID was top and look what they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

13-16 originators vargoo.

not having a go btw , just curious as to why it differs.

mike_cork wrote: »
    I have 40% in P2P spread across multiple platforms,40% in cash and 20% in stocks.

I find mintos to be the largest time consumer. Almost all the other platforms run themselves by and large.
    I like P2P to date as it provides a nice monthly income.
    On the last day of the month i record what i made on each platform on my excel spreadsheet so as to keep a track of things.

It provides a nice monthly income. Do you actually withdraw your monthly interest in full from all the platforms ? So if you have hundreds of loans on many platforms over different durations there's bonus she with withdrawing interest earned in that month . The principal gets paid back at end or auto invested then is that how you operate ?

It provides a nice monthly income. Do you actually withdraw your monthly interest in full from all the platforms ? So if you have hundreds of loans on many platforms over different durations there's bonus she with withdrawing interest earned in that month . The principal gets paid back at end or auto invested then is that how you operate ?

Sorry should read as 'no issue with withdrawing'

I do not withdraw interest as I don’t need it.I leave it in the respective platform and it gets reinvested so I can avail of compounding interest.

On the bigger P2P platforms such as mintos there’s a secondary market- Mintos is probably the most liquid secondary market in the P2P sector.
    If you at some point need to withdraw cash you can sell you loans and usually they are sold pretty quickly.
    Just note other P2P platforms do not have a secondary market (so you’re tied in for the duration of the loan) or the secondary market is not liquid!

Shelflife wrote: »
    13-16 originators vargoo.

I left it to see would auto do it the other day and at 11pm, money was still sitting there. 29 for me, some with Buyback, some without, some great interest with good colateral, some originators I won't go near some of their countries. Some LTVs settings because Mogo are acting like idiots now. Actually pretty detailed now. Took ages at first but couple of minutes now.

The % diversification thing has never worked so I end up having a heap of different AI's with portfolio sizes so I CAN'T end up with everything in one Orig (which was what was gonna happen before when I left it, Akulaku had just launched and Mintos were pumping it hard for awhile there) and it takes ages.

Envestio - when they have projects, some of them are cool. Pile in.
    Fast Invest - would go bigger if Originator list was open.

https://www.axiafunder.com/ - when I have time I'll register for the crack, curious to see how long it takes to make up mind whether to do it or not.

Stocks/Shares - I'd only do 6/7 a year.

Theirs an Alt Meat one not listed yet that has a genuine USP, I'd love to get in to, have to find out. Has to be a way for the average joe.

Wind Farms

Theirs a game coming out first quarter next year, gonna be huge. Going to pile into Company, all in.

Not keeping all your eggs in one basket is for chumps.

All in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭scheister

My logic at the moment is i have my fees for buying a house next in P2P just over 3k. Have it spread across Robo.cash Mintos and Grupeer.

Looking at the returns for July I got 1.14% from Robo, 1.38% from Mintos and 1.59% from Grupeer. It beats sticking it in a bank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 P2PBanking.com

Maybe of interest
    https://www.p2p-banking.com/countries/baltic-two-issues-currently-evolving-on-p2p-lending-marketplaces/
    includes comment from Viventor CEO on the Aforti situation

Advertisement