Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold: Snow/Ice - Sat 17th March Onward - READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

It's only getting interesting now, anyone who was expecting snow earlier was misinformed. Main snow will be next 12 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mancduff

Hammering it down in D14.
    2 to 3 inches already.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,562 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

John.Icy wrote: »
    The difference a mile makes! My part of D9 near Santry too is seeing absolutely nothing - just have a mostly wet front garden.

More or less persistant here. Building up too.

I wonder will we see a transition to longer moderate snow soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭KingBobby

If i'm feeling lazy and dont want to look out the window, I just check out the nearest traffic cam. I can confirm theres snow Dublin 16

https://m.webcams.travel/webcam/1450199181-rockbrook-west?hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 9,658 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Staying with the folks just outside Kill Village on the M7 and its been snowing steadily at varying intensities over the last few hours with 3cm on the ground, with all roads now covered including 2 lanes of the M7 itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

Sitting in having a few drinks. My woman asked me how did Cheltenham go...
    I stripped off, ran out the back and made a snow angel........ I think she found my stash before the festival

https://imgur.com/a/2CEsc

Stopped now for moment.

Looks like more persistent snow building in the Irish Sea.

Easily two inches lying here in monasterevan already and it's milling down, sky is red.

sicknotexi wrote: »
    Easily two inches lying here in monasterevan already and it's milling down, sky is red.

Same s h 1 t here, check my pic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

mancduff wrote: »
    Same s h 1 t here, check my pic.

You posted it 3 posts up too! :)

I see you're enjoying Paddy's day anyway ;)

Eyes are dropping, sorry lads and lasses can't keep up. Bolloxed so will catch up on the morrow. Drowned too many shamrocks.

Happy Snowdrifts.

Heavy snow and drifting near Santry. Visibility awful.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    You posted it 3 posts up too! :)

I see you're enjoying Paddy's day anyway ;)

:p:D:D Night all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Decent blizzard video from about an hour ago on the Firhouse road.

https://streamable.com/2cubn

Longer stuff building in the Irish sea. To be honest i'm not sure if it impact us directly. Could be sharp increase in coverage if it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Seems like some steady snow associated with the upper low is working its way west from Britain to southeast Ireland and so these small to moderate amounts may increase gradually to mid-day, but may have a better idea with some new guidance coming in soon. The main thing I am getting from reading all these reports is hit or miss and some hits are significant. Not quite into the predicted range but at the same time hardly a non-event like some of the 2013 snow chances.

Jury remains out at this late hour.

Rougies wrote: »
    Decent blizzard video from about an hour ago on the Firhouse road.

https://streamable.com/2cubn

Some will be disappointed they went to bed! :pac:

Seems like some steady snow associated with the upper low is working its way west from Britain to southeast Ireland and so these small to moderate amounts may increase gradually to mid-day, but may have a better idea with some new guidance coming in soon. The main thing I am getting from reading all these reports is hit or miss and some hits are significant. Not quite into the predicted range but at the same time hardly a non-event like some of the 2013 snow chances.

Jury remains out at this late hour.

The precipitation north of Wales seems to have a baring on Dublin (and north too) at the moment. Icy here. Anything that falls stays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Some will be disappointed they went to bed! :pac:

I wish I could stay out in it all night, but had to come back to base to upload footage before I died of exposure :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

I was caught in a raging blizzard couple of hrs ago, Inniskeen/Hackballs Cross Louth/Minaghan area a couple of hours ago. Couldn't see 10'ft in front of me... Snow was lying and getting very dodgy indeed... Glad I eventually made it to main Dundalk Castleblayney rd, it wasn't much better but I felt a bit safer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Quite a well organized system over Wales now, moving steadily west. Seems to be a reflection of the upper low like a backwards frontal system only the warm and cold fronts don't delineate a warm sector. Think this could reach Leinster within three hours and unleash heavy snow for most of the morning, if it stays intact. It seems to have formed over top of streamers which are trying to continue on with their business, so the net effect is "enhanced sea effect." This is the sort of thing that dumps 3-4 inch an hour snow in New England sometimes.

We may just be getting started here.

3 inches now and heaviest it's been all night, a sight to behold. Emma was a big disappointment for this part of Kildare but this has made up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭daheff

3 inches now and heaviest it's been all night, a sight to behold. Emma was a big disappointment for this part of Kildare but this has made up for it.

Celbridge has nothing more than a dusting still :(:(

daheff wrote: »
    Celbridge has nothing more than a dusting still :(:(

You got buried in the first beast though.:)

Quite a well organized system over Wales now, moving steadily west. Seems to be a reflection of the upper low like a backwards frontal system only the warm and cold fronts don't delineate a warm sector. Think this could reach Leinster within three hours and unleash heavy snow for most of the morning, if it stays intact. It seems to have formed over top of streamers which are trying to continue on with their business, so the net effect is "enhanced sea effect." This is the sort of thing that dumps 3-4 inch an hour snow in New England sometimes.

We may just be getting started here.

Looks more organised then I noticed on the models. Very disruptive IF it does. Totally primed for large amounts here with any persistent falls.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Mount Vesuvius

What part of kildare are you based

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Mount Vesuvius

Looks more organised then I noticed on the models. Very disruptive IF it does. Totally primed for large amounts here with any persistent falls.

Yes looks to be getting more oooomph now but in a few hours the upper low starts to pull away south west so it better do all it can before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

What part of kildare are you based

He's in Monasterevin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Teeming down in Blessington.... 2inches on the flat where I am.
    Some chance of the Wicklow gap being passable to head back to Wicklow in an hours time?

Advertisement