Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Citigo E

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

rivegauche wrote: »
    Those volumes of sales in Ireland are tiny. The car rental companies would have been their biggest Customers and there is no money in that.
    No wonder they are dropping them in Ireland.

A market for a €17,000 250km EV would be huge

Cost savings would be insane

M7 would be full of them

Really need a EV Chinese autogiant to emerge

Sick of these autogiants

Mike9832 wrote: »
    A market for a €17,000 250km EV would be huge

Cost savings would be insane

M7 would be full of them

Really need a EV Chinese autogiant to emerge

Sick of these autogiants

Unfortunately it's not as simple as that, look at the Kona, cheap car , very expensive battery. Look at the cost of the petrol V the EV .

Very few People want a 20 Kwh EV or even a 40 Kwh EV , the minimum the majority will want is 60 Kwh whether they need it often or not and I can't see prices drop much for a few years.

A 60 kWH Zoe for 15 K same as the Petrol Clio would sell like hotcakes. Not going to happen for years.

It's 10 years since Leaf MK I was born and Nissan still have no plans for a 2nd EV model. Amazing !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Citigo e was supposed to be a cheap car with a cheap battery for approx. extimated 16-17k OTR. It would have been mad not to buy one for a longish commute with that money.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

People don't want a €30,000 40kWh car, but I suspect many would be happy with an €18,000 40kWh. The Renault Zoe is only behind the Model 3 for YTD European sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

https://www.skoda-media.de/

Skoda Citigo iV available to lease for 145 euro per month in Germany.
    3 year lease. 10,000km per year.

That is a very cheap and low risk way in to EV ownership for the 2nd car in a family.
    €20900 rather than the claimed under €20000 so maybe they have dropped the lower trim level.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Especially if you take the lower running costs into account.

https://www.skoda-media.de/

Skoda Citigo iV available to lease for 145 euro per month in Germany.
    3 year lease. 10,000km per year.

That is a very cheap and low risk way in to EV ownership for the 2nd car in a family.
    €20900 rather than the claimed under €20000 so maybe they have dropped the lower trim level.

Sounds great alright

Not coming to Ireland

Pity

The point is that this is one monthly payment and they used to market this in the industry as "one payment and then just add petrol". Now you don't even have to add petrol, just insure it and take it for a check-up which costs about €80 a year. Leave it back at the end of 3 years without ever having to change consumables or visit the NCT centre. That is an enticing offer.

The point is that this is one monthly payment and they used to market this in the industry as "one payment and then just add petrol". Now you don't even have to add petrol, just insure it and take it for a check-up which costs about €80 a year. Leave it back at the end of 3 years without ever having to change consumables or visit the NCT centre. That is an enticing offer.

It is

But its not going to be coming here

It is

But its not going to be coming here
    Your "here" and my "here" are two different places.
    I'll be making an enquiry about it when the multi-brand EV roadshow comes to the car park in Work next week although I can afford better. It certainly blows the Smart out of the water which still has a 17,6kwh battery despite a facelift

• Advertisement

Your "here" and my "here" are two different places.
    I'll be making an enquiry about it when the multi-brand EV roadshow comes to the car park in Work next week although I can afford better. It certainly blows the Smart out of the water which still has a 17,6kwh battery despite a facelift

Get you

Would love one of these too, perfect starter EV

Pissed off they are not coming to Ireland

Another one ridiculously overpriced

https://configurator.seat.co.uk/seat-cc/configurator/LIVE/006/DEFAULT/en/trim/CARLINE-GROUP-KE1;carlineKey=CARLINE-KE12

Starts at £19,300 for Seat Mii in UK ( after grant of £3500 )

• Registered Users Posts: 64,961 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Well it's sub £20k, innit?

But I suppose you have a point when you counter that the cheapest petrol VW Up! is just £10k

unkel wrote: »
    Well it's sub £20k, innit?

But I suppose you have a point when you counter that the cheapest petrol VW Up! is just £10k

More like Sub £8k

Yoke will be well over €20k here

More like Sub £8k

A touch over £10k. I looked it up.

A touch over £10k. I looked it up.

Carwow and many others were doing them for under £8k, rrp doesn't apply to ICE like it does EV's

Don't think they sell these new anymore anyway, all electrric now

Carwow and many others were doing them for under £8k

That's good value! Just rip out the petrol engine, stick in a motor and a battery and Bob's your uncle :p

That's good value! Just rip out the petrol engine, stick in a motor and a battery and Bob's your uncle :p

Will still be over 20k

EVs are years away from cost parity and manufacturers treating this place like treasure ialand doesnt help

Battery and motor alone in that Seat costs 10k

Battery and motor alone in that Seat costs 10k

Dunno about that. For sure a 24kWh battery is a bit under €5k, but motor, inverter, charge ports and cables should only be three grand or so together. And you don't need the internal combustion engine and gearbox, which are far more expensive to make than the above motor + inverter

There's no reason why a 24kWh Skoda supermini should be more than about €4-5k more expensive than the cheapest equivalent petrol version. Before incentives. Our current generous incentives should bring EV price to par, or even below ICE

Not happening now as there are not enough benefits of scale of large volume production and because EV producers are milking every cent of maximum profit out of us and are reluctant to produce more EVs until they are forced. All perfectly understandable from their view point :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

VW told me an E-Golf battery is €23k!

• Advertisement

They lied!

Automotive batteries cost roughly $200 / kWh, not in cells, but as a complete battery pack. eGolf has what, about 36kWh, so the pack costs them $7k to make / buy

Dunno about that. For sure a 24kWh battery is a bit under €5k, but motor, inverter, charge ports and cables should only be three grand or so together. And you don't need the internal combustion engine and gearbox, which are far more expensive to make than the above motor + inverter

There's no reason why a 24kWh Skoda supermini should be more than about €4-5k more expensive than the cheapest equivalent petrol version. Before incentives. Our current generous incentives should bring EV price to par, or even below ICE

Not happening now as there are not enough benefits of scale of large volume production and because EV producers are milking every cent of maximum profit out of us and are reluctant to produce more EVs until they are forced. All perfectly understandable from their view point :D

Battery is 36.8kWh in those yokes

Thats €7000 easy

Electric motors ain't cheap, check how much a PM 150kW+, you'd be surprised

This one is weak at 60kW so cheap enough, with all the other bits won't be much change from €5000 though

€12,000 just to replace the engine and petrol tank is madness imo

Rest of the car is maybe €5000

Cheap EVs a long way off, unless you want a 80km range 15kWh value battery and 40kW electric motor

Electric motors ain't cheap, check how much a PM 150kW+, you'd be surprised

This one is weak at 60kW so cheap enough

Doesn't really work like that. Most electric motors are quite flexible about what power you can throw at them

Leaf 24kWh has 109BHP
    Leaf 62kWh has 218BHP

Exact same motor

Doesn't really work like that. Most electric motors are quite flexible about what power you can throw at them

Leaf 24kWh has 109BHP
    Leaf 62kWh has 218BHP

Exact same motor

Not exactly true

Its a remodified em57 motor, inverter was also beefed up alot and a new battery that can supply higher currents

You think older Leafs can just be boosted to 218bhp by tweaking its controller/firmware?

Not exactly true

Its a remodified em57 motor, inverter was also beefed up alot and a new battery that can supply higher currents

You think older Leafs can just be boosted to 218bhp by tweaking its controller/firmware?

He wasn't talking about the electronics/battery

Where is the link for the re-modded EM57 ?

inverter was also beefed up alot and a new battery that can supply higher currents

Exactly.

Mad_Lad thanked my post because he has a lot of experience in doing that very thing. I'm new to it but I also like my new hobby

Basically electric motors can take a lot. Buy a 36V 250W motor and use a 7A inverter and the motor is producing 250W. All is still well if you use a 58.8V battery and a 30A controller on the same motor for a 600% increase in power :D

I was running a 1 Kw rated motor at 5.5 Kw, such a blast , greatest issue is cooling, a EV with liquid cooled motor would be able to take huge peak power.

There are of course limitations you'll eventually run into.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭KCross

£17k
    CCS is a £700 optional extra with 40kW max.
    160 miles

Just what the doctor ordered! Would it be just under €20k here with our €5k subsidy vs just £3.5k in the UK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Just what the doctor ordered! Would it be just under €20k here with our €5k subsidy vs just £3.5k in the UK?

Yea, probably about that, but Skoda Ireland have already confirmed they are not bringing it to Ireland! :mad:

Advertisement