Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Citigo E

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,071 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Mike9832 wrote: »

Only thing

Will running this eCitigo at 120kmh for 150km a day be bad for the motor, under too much stress?

120 is very close to its top speed of 130

Would be no problem at all for the motor. The top speed of 130km/h is limited as it is in all EVs, to protect range and prevent battery discharging too quickly.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Thought you said €16,000 for sure?

Why you hope for close to €20,000

I've to sell an e-Up! In April, if you can buy essentially twice the range in the same car and 6 years newer for only €16,000 it's going to put a cap on how much I can sell mine for.

I'll give you 5 grand for it Liam :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

liamog wrote: »
    Thought you said €16,000 for sure?

Why you hope for close to €20,000

I've to sell an e-Up! In April, if you can buy essentially twice the range in the same car and 6 years newer for only €16,000 it's going to put a cap on how much I can sell mine for.

Cool

Do you honestly see it at €16,000?

Dont want to be disappointed again and see it at bloody €22,000 when it arrives

Besides ioniq when they had scrappage and a few early Leaf deals we have been rode hard by autogiants last few years

Its been ridiculous

Really hope it's different this time

unkel wrote: »

Only thing

Will running this eCitigo at 120kmh for 150km a day be bad for the motor, under too much stress?

120 is very close to its top speed of 130

Would be no problem at all for the motor. The top speed of 130km/h is limited as it is in all EVs, to protect range and prevent battery discharging too quickly.

Nice

Wont feel like I am driving the **** out of then :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Really it depends on wether they are pricing these to sell or not?
    By calculations with our current incentives, it should be, but my guess would be somewhere between 18,000 and 20,000.

By calculations with our current incentives, it should be, but my guess would be somewhere between 18,000 and 20,000.

Not inspiring confidence :(

€20,000 in 2020 for a tiny car is not progression

Ioniq was bought by many years ago for €25,000 and its a proper size car

EV scene is seriously depressing

Spat out my cornflakes the other morning when I saw the bloody eCorsa will be about €30,000

Couldn't agree more. Depressing is the right word. Fully agree with you that the biggest game changer possible would be something like a €15k Dacia or Skoda or something small and simple EV. With inherent almost zero running cost. Owners will love it. A bit sad that such an obvious evolution is not clear for the overwhelming majority of people, except a few who have the ability to think for themselves like you clearly do. And thankfully some other people in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Not inspiring confidence :(

€20,000 in 2020 for a tiny car is not progression

Ioniq was bought by many years ago for €25,000 and its a proper size car

EV scene is seriously depressing

Spat out my cornflakes the other morning when I saw the bloody eCorsa will be about €30,000

That 30 k is PRE grants though.

26 k euros when the 3,500 sterling UK grant is factored in.*

If it's got a nice spec, drives nicely - then with 100 kw charging, active cooling and bigger battery.

I think eCorsa at 26 k *could* work.

It's a somewhat different proposition to a Citigo Bigger, will likely have a bigger car feel and look to it vs Citigo.

With PSA underpinnings id also feel confident it's not going to be some of the crap Opel were turning out Corsa wise in the later years of the GM era.

Active cooling and that 100 kw charging means eCorsa could be your ONLY car able to do longer trips if needed.

(I'm assuming Corsa is exactly the same set up as e208).

*I'm guessing you got the 30 k from the same UK speculation of a 23 k sterling price including grant I did.

I got to 30 k euros on basis of a 26,500 sterling PRE grant price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

I'm not sure where all this hate for the Mii/Up!/Citigo is coming from. They are lovely little machines for buzzing around the city. I look forward to renting them when travelling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

rivegauche wrote: »
    I'm not sure where all this hate for the Mii/Up!/Citigo is coming from. They are lovely little machines for buzzing around the city. I look forward to renting them when travelling.

Better off just ignoring....they are great little cars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

What hate???

The only concern is the price.

+1

A basic spec supermini EV like a Zoe for the guts of €30k is absurd. If you can get a half decent car like a Dacia Sandero petrol for €10k, the EV equivalent can't really be much more than €15k if you want mass shifting to EVs

It's a bit ridiculous all right that a Zoe starts at €7,500 over a comparable Clio.
    Without the grants, the implied cost is around €16,000 more. At current prices, the battery should only account for around €7,000 of that.

Here's hoping Skoda being part of VAG means they will price to sell (for emissions reasons) instead of making money out of middle-class greeny liberals.

It's a bit ridiculous all right that a Zoe starts at €7,500 over a comparable Clio.

Base Clio is €16k
    Base Zoe is €25k

That Zoe must have come down a bit in list price? I thought it was more. And you can probably get a bit of a discount there. You can in the UK.

Still, €25k for a super mini basic EV is too much. Hopefully the Citigo will come in at around the €16k mark. And hopefully other, even cheaper brand EVs like a Dacia will be thousands less again. I feel these base EVs should have small batteries for the entry level cars. They will suffice for many users for who thousands worth of extra battery would be overkill.

Like I said, a comparable Clio, there's extra equipment on the base Zoe that makes it more like the Dynamique Clio at €17,590, stuff like air conditioning and the sat nav.

That's a whole other issue, manufacturers not making entry-level cars!

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/06/seat-mii-electric-becomes-brands-first-ev-marks-end-of-ice-powered-model/

The Seat Mii is now being released. It looses 2miles or 5km of range depending on whose report you read. I assuem this is due to the alloy wheels fitted as standard.

Seat is now dropping all petrol versions from the Mii range.

It looks to be a higher specification than the Citigo entry model which is useful for me if I were to buy it as my discounts and incentives are calculated off the lowest trim level.
    The dashboard looks like ultra-cheap laminate flooring.

beauf wrote: »
    The Up and Citigo is a lot smaller (in the rear) than many other 1.0 cars. I suspect it will end up being significantly more expensive. Regardless of the optimism here.

I wonder is this why its not selling. Which is the only reason to drop the ICE version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Just got this email from Skoda:

Dear Mr. samih

Thank you for contacting SKODA Customer Care and for your interest in the SKODA Brand.

Unfortunately the Citigo EV will not be made available in the Irish market Place, however we will be launching the SKODA Superb hybrid, hopefully towards the end of 2019.

Should you have any other queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

There is a new UP with a similar drivetrain I think. I guess that will also be a rare car.

• Advertisement

samih wrote: »

Dear Mr. samih

Thank you for contacting SKODA Customer Care and for your interest in the SKODA Brand.

Unfortunately the Citigo EV will not be made available in the Irish market Place, however we will be launching the SKODA Superb hybrid, hopefully towards the end of 2019.

Irish importer logic - no we aren't offering the car you are enquiring about - but we do have something totally different that's thus not what youd like*........

Never mind that the car NOT being offered is likely to be a better seller then the other "niche" car you are offering.

*the car been asked about being a much smaller full electric - and the customer very likely to want to spend less then the Superb PHEV price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Old diesel wrote: »
    Irish importer logic - no we aren't offering the car you are enquiring about - but we do have something totally different that's thus not what youd like*........

Never mind that the car NOT being offered is likely to be a better seller then the other "niche" car you are offering.

*the car been asked about being a much smaller full electric - and the customer very likely to want to spend less then the Superb PHEV price

I actually specified that this would be for my mil. who's looking for as small car as possible.

You couldn't make it up :D

That's not a good sign.
    For the triplets the CitiGo ICE is by far the biggest seller.

Car|2017|2018|2019
    Citigo|219|329|114
    Up|241|258|158
    Mii|183|135|53

They're ending production of the ICE versions.

That's not a good sign.
    For the triplets the CitiGo ICE is by far the biggest seller.

Car|2017|2018|2019
    Citigo|219|329|114
    Up|241|258|158
    Mii|183|135|53

They're ending production of the ICE versions.

Well I suppose the fact they are going all EV on those cars is pretty significant as EV milestones go.

So it's not a complete disaster.

Annoying though :(

samih wrote: »

Dear Mr. samih

Haha

It gets better by the day :)

Was pretty interested in that car,

Those volumes of sales in Ireland are tiny. The car rental companies would have been their biggest Customers and there is no money in that.
    No wonder they are dropping them in Ireland.

Those volumes of sales in Ireland are tiny. The car rental companies would have been their biggest Customers and there is no money in that.
    No wonder they are dropping them in Ireland.

You would think that going EV would (at the right price) open up a new market for these cars in Ireland.

The new market being cheap tax? As long as you can a young diesel from the UK which officially emits less than 120g/km co2 regardless of what their true fuel consumption happens to be there is little incentive to purchase proper low emission vehicles.

• Advertisement

No, the new market being younger more environmentally aware people. The cars my teenage daughters aspire to as their first car in a few years time. Automatic, no need to learn to drive a manual. Charge up at home for free, not having to think about maintenance, timing belts, checking oil and all that crap. Cheaper to run per month than their mobile phone.

And the new market in car sharing like go car. See them everywhere these days and very few of them are EV, even their BMW i3 are all just PHEV

Advertisement