Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Citigo E

Options
  • 11-03-2018 8:39pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Skoda are planning to release an electrified version of the Citigo.

Plan is to release end of 2019 with a planned range of 300km.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/citigo/99236/all-electric-skoda-citigo-e-due-in-2019

Given the e-UP! already exists, it's relatively straight forward to see this hit development by 2019. The e-UP! has an 18.7kWh battery using 25Ah PHEV2 cells.

CATL already have 55Ah PHEV2 cells and plan to have 75Ah available by 2019. This should allow the Citigo E to have a 56.6kWh battery in the exact same form factor. The e-UP! has an approx. realistic 100km range (NEDC 160km), a 56.6kWh Citigo E sounds like what's needed for 300km of range.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

SEAT have an e-Mii on the way too for a long time.

seat-introduces-electric-mii-at-mobile-world-congress-2017-115735_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

cros13 wrote: »
    SEAT have an e-Mii on the way too for a long time.

Might be delayed because of the political upheaval in Barcelona :o

Great just what the public want, another box to drive, ( Oh look we're making electric cars and no one wants to buy them , ha, told you )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Great just what the public want, another box to drive, ( Oh look we're making electric cars and no one wants to buy them , ha, told you )

Well the Up/Citigo/Mii are already rather popular. So even an electric version with a fairly low range could go down well - especially as a true city car. Not everyone has an army of kids to stuff into the back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

What would you think if they stuck a REX into it? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,322 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The Renault twingo was a very popular box in the continent. There is a market for boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

I like the i3. But, it is a box.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

A little city car with 300KM range is brilliant to be honest. The Leaf range is too small at present so most people buying small cities cars will sometimes need to go outside the city. If you have a range of 300km this will meet most users requirements.

80sDiesel wrote: »

it is a box with pram wheels :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    80sDiesel wrote: »

it is a box with pram wheels :p
    Its why the i3s looks so much better with the larger tyres and arch extensions.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

They're selling around 600 UP/Citigo/Mii per year in Ireland. With 300km range an electric one makes a lot of sense. Pricing will be key. Between purchase price and cost to run it will need to be cheaper over the first three years.

The problem is that I know people want small cars but manufacturers won't make electric passats, passat estates, Golf estates, X-trails, Galaxys , tecsuns, santa-fes , A4's A6, 3 series , 5 series etc which are very popular in Ireland.

Every new EV you hear about is only a small car with the exception possibly of the Model 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

The problem is that I know people want small cars but manufacturers won't make electric passats, passat estates, Golf estates, X-trails, Galaxys , tecsuns, santa-fes , A4's A6, 3 series , 5 series etc which are very popular in Ireland.

Every new EV you hear about is only a small car with the exception possibly of the Model 3.

The Crossover and small cars are top sellers......
    • 1 – Hyundai Tucson.
    • 2 – Ford Focus.
    • 3 – Toyota Corolla.
    • 4 – Ford Fiesta.
    • 5 – Volkswagen Golf.
    • 6 – Skoda Octavia.
    • 7 – Toyota Yaris.
    • 8 – Nissan Qashqai.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

liamog wrote:
    Skoda are planning to release an electrified version of the Citigo.

Up and citigo share nearly all bits with other bar the badge. Would be very easy for vw group to roll this out. Great news though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭ei9go

Have driven an E UP and it's a great little car if that suits you.
    Only thing wrong is the small battery at present in it.

The only thing wrong with it is the awful removable screen that sits on a stalk on the dashboard so you would have to constantly remove it to prevent it being stolen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Mancomb Seepgood

For all the talk of city cars that no one wants to buy, I'm not aware of any such car available in Ireland at this time.The e-Up isn't sold here,the iMiev is no longer available (and outdated).This would be a great car if you spend most of your time in an urban area or don't need the space.

For all the talk of city cars that no one wants to buy, I'm not aware of any such car available in Ireland at this time.The e-Up isn't sold here,the iMiev is no longer available (and outdated).This would be a great car if you spend most of your time in an urban area or don't need the space.

Electric autos brought in an e-Up and he talked to me before about an iMiev but it didn't work out in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,961 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Don't forget the smart for 2 EV!

Also there's a FIAT 500e

You'd need to either import these yourself from the UK, or get someone else (like Phil) to do it for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

liamog wrote: »
    They're selling around 600 UP/Citigo/Mii per year in Ireland. With 300km range an electric one makes a lot of sense. Pricing will be key. Between purchase price and cost to run it will need to be cheaper over the first three years.

How many of these are rentals though.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I bought the e-UP! from electric autos, great little car to drive.

It's an ideal size for second car that will be used as a local runaround. I do about 45k a day in mine, it's nippy and well rooted when going round corners, it's way more fun to drive than our Ioniq over short distances.

The 300km range of this new version gives you more than enough range for average daily commutes with plenty to spare, whilst still being able to use the car for those odd journeys to visit further afield relatives. It's a city car, with a range high enough that it can be can be charged every 3 to 4 days on a communal charge point.

This style of car at the right price could really work well for multi occupancy units in the car dependent suburbs.

More info on the triplets from https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/spy-shots/volkswagen/electric-vw-up-seat-mii-skoda-citigo/

Looks like VAG will be ending production of the triplets ICE versions as it's no longer economical to produce them under new emission targets.
    Battery options may be available. The range from the article seems high, I get about 125km from my current 18kWh battery, so change those units to km and your probably not to far off.

24kWh battery 70kW e-motor, 190-mile range
    36kWh battery 90kW e-motor, 250-mile range
    49kWh battery 110kW e-motor, 310-mile range

The pricing ladder, according to our sources at Wolfsburg, will stretch from around €20,000 to €27,500 (£17,300-£23,800).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

70kw is 95ps/93bhp. No need for an Up GT with that sort horsepower and torque.
    190miles is 306km.
    24kWh will be the best of them as it will be the lightest and the chassis will struggle to handle the more powerful motors.
    Frontal area is much lower than a Zoe so shouldn't lose too much range at 100kmph and I'd guess for the facelift they'll tidy up the aerodynamics a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

I suspect the miles number in the article are supposed to be kilometers. 250 km of realistic range instead of 250 miles (400 km) from 36 kWh sounds about right to me. Unless VW has really figured out how to reduce the energy consuption of the platform from current 14 kWh/100 km down to approx. 8 kWh/100 km.

Would be great if they have though.

I doubt they'll make any changes to the aero, the bigger batteries are likely aimed at days between charging rather than range.
    The numbers come from "sources" so should be taken with a grain of salt.

The current model has a 60kW motor, there is a tuned version of the Up GTI that achieved 110kW so the chassis isn't likely to be a problem.

Skoda Norway is taking reservations for the Citigo from May for deliveries in January. The advertised WLTP range is 260km which is likely the 36kWh model.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.skoda-auto.no%2Fnyheter-og-pressemeldinger%2Fdetaljer%2Fforhandsreserver-elektriske-skoda-citigo
    Electric CITIGO is officially launched in May 2019 and the first customers can expect to have their car delivered in January 2020. In addition to the long range, you can also expect smart ŠKODA solutions that make everyday life a little easier, and not least very competitive prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

only interested in this if it gets a heat pump which it probably won't.

As can be seen in these pictures apart from headlamps and blanked out grill it is basically the same as it was
    https://www.skoda-portal.de/

I do expect it will be more efficient at around 100 to 120kmph than zoe and some of the stats for e-up showed it using about 12kw/100kmph.
    That is of no comfort if you are an icicle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

had a citigo for a rental car once (whilst my other car was towed), there's absolutely zero comfort in them, barely made it out of the rental car place before turning back to pay extra to get something more comfy.

Advertisement