Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Citigo E

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

love citigo/up/mii but a bit unrefined. The electric drivetrain will take care of that and add a dollop of briskness to it too.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

What kind of range would you need from the car? Winter range in my e-Up! with the heating at 22 is around 90km. The bigger battery should put that up to 180km. A heat pump would probably bump that to 210km.

I honestly don't see myself buying one as I can afford better but I can see them selling if they put the heat pump in. Among the mainstream EVs in our car park those who need range mostly uy the Zoe40 and those looking for a cheap 2nd family car buy the Zoe 22kwh even though Smarts for two, forfours and E-Ups iOn and citroens are available to order.
    it doesn't even appear to have a satnav based on the shots from the skoda fan website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

rivegauche wrote: »
    I honestly don't see myself buying one as I can afford better but I can see them selling if they put the heat pump in. Among the mainstream EVs in our car park those who need range mostly uy the Zoe40 and those looking for a cheap 2nd family car buy the Zoe 22kwh even though Smarts for two, forfours and E-Ups iOn and citroens are available to order.
    it doesn't even appear to have a satnav based on the shots from the skoda fan website.

They are supposed to be €22,000 after grants

Can't see many sane people paying that?

Mike9832 wrote: »

That is not the target price. less than 20k is what is being suggested.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

The source article puts the price at
    The price, including VAT, should not exceed half a million crowns.
    That's €19,300.
    As far as I can tell the only incentive/grant in Czechia is zero road tax.

Mike9832 wrote: »

That is not the target price. less than 20k is what is being suggested.

Don't forget Paddy tax

pre-tax prices are cheaper in Ireland and apart from VAT no taxes are levied on EVs below a certain RRP.
    Many EVs are cheaper in Ireland than in Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

This will either be a great move or a spectacular failure.

My impression of it os as a bit of an elderly ladies car. This type of driver wont want the hassle of figuring out how to use charing points etc.

pre-tax prices are cheaper in Ireland and apart from VAT no taxes are levied on EVs below a certain RRP.
    Many EVs are cheaper in Ireland than in Germany.

Didn't know that

Not being cheeky, but any examples

• Advertisement

Gael23 wrote: »

My impression of it os as a bit of an elderly ladies car. This type of driver wont want the hassle of figuring out how to use charing points etc.

I would agree

Don't see a market at it's price of €20,000

Would have to be very cheap and I can't see how they could do that with a 36kWh battery

The battery alone probably costs Skoda €4,000, electric motor, controller, inverter, charger etc,, that stuff could add up to close to €7000-€8000 easy, all to replace an engine and petrol tank

Grant and vrt of €10,000 should cover all that though

Have asked many times here if anyone has a cost breakdown of a modern EV, cause when you list all the parts, the €10,000 grant here should make them cheaper than comparable ICE

Meanwhile a 1.0 petrol Citigo is €10,000, sure it only has 60bhp and drives like **** compared to an EV, it's A to B for who cares

For €16-€17k Citigo EV would be nice

36kWh ( 200km real world range ), 90bhp, 70kW charging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Gael23 wrote: »

I suggest you go to European cities and have a look around. In the South of France these small cars are the most common on the roads, mostly because they can get around the cities

Also bit of a put down to elderly ladies. My mother is +70 and got an electric car beause it is so simple. Plug in at night, get up in morning and done. Preheats so no need to sit in freezing car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P0tSm4RI8E

Citigo Premiere happening now.
    There is also a Superb PHEV coming too.
    61kw/83PS engine
    210NM torque
    265km range
    36.8kw battery
    5-door only
    top speed 130kmph
    12.5secs 0 to 100kmph
    seems that the high speed charging cable is option for trim level below "style".
    14" steelies standard, 16" alloys optional or on higher trim version.
    lane departure warning is standard.
    LED running lights are optional.
    charge to 80% in an hour at a fast charger
    remote app for mobile phone to control charging/AC and various control features.
    price claimed to be "well below 20000"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Less than 20k pre subsidy sounds like a winner. My MIL currently drives a Hyundai i20 automatic and would love to buy a small BEV with approx. 200 km range, "the smaller the better", and this eUP clone looks just perfect.

When will they target to be on sale in Ireland?

As a second family car it is a winner. It will cost practically nothing to run. In Germany with a €4k eco rebate the price drops below €16k.
    Hopefully Renault flick the switch to commercialize the Twingo ZE now in response to this because the Zoe 22kwh has now been undercut considerably by this car.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,168 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Guaranteed that price will be after incentives here.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Guaranteed that price will be after incentives here.

20k was announced to be the price without subsidies. 5k grant here plus up to another 5k for VRT reduction which for car like this would be less than 3k. So the Irish price should be around 15k after the grants.

265km x 80% = 212km of range in one hour or 3.5km per minute
    Tesla and the others are bursting themselves and the electricity network to charge up large EVs in similar times.
    Small and light may be the way to go if we want to speed up the transition to EVs for everyone.

Looks like the minimum spec on this will be the Ambition. Put that up against the 75bhp ICE version at €13,255. I can see it being a great purchase if they can deliver the Citigi E to Ireland for €16,000.

liamog wrote: »
    Looks like the minimum spec on this will be the Ambition. Put that up against the 75bhp ICE version at €13,255. I can see it being a great purchase if they can deliver the Citigi E to Ireland for €16,000.

If they can do it, it's incredible

Can't see how they can't either

10k subsidy is more than enough to cover battery cost over ICE

Why so slow to 60mph though?

81bhp/220nm should rocket to 60mph with its weight

Would have thought sub 10 sec easy, not 12.5

Must be software limited

• Advertisement

You wouldn't get a 10k subsidy on this car, the VRT would only be around €3,000
    If you do a straight VAT conversion from €20,000 in Germany you end up with an Irish price of €20,672, the VRT would be about €2,900 (so zero after incentive)

The SEAI grant is €5,000 for cars listed over €20,000, so could end up being around €16,000.

You wouldn't get a 10k subsidy on this car, the VRT would only be around €3,000
    If you do a straight VAT conversion from €20,000 in Germany you end up with an Irish price of €20,672, the VRT would be about €2,900 (so zero after incentive)

The SEAI grant is €5,000 for cars listed over €20,000, so could end up being around €16,000.

At €16,000 it's the ultimate commuter car

Its got the same range as a €30,000 ffs

It basically free motoring for people doing even 15k km or more per year

Hopefully it does come out at €16,000 and gets race to the bottom going with Dacia etc following suit

This is the car Tesla should have built instead of the Model 3 and it killing the Model S

They might still have a business model then

With that sort of pricing the is absolutely zero reason not to get this instead of some wheezy 1.0 petrol model. If you can charge it privately.

I'm basing my €20,000 German price on quotes such as the following from AutoExpress (https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/citigo/99236/all-electric-skoda-citigo-e-iv-revealed-for-2019-with-165-mile-range)
    Prices have not been announced, but Skoda has hinted that the Citigo e iV will go on sale for "under €20,000" in Europe and before government incentives, so we anticipate a price around the £18,000 mark in the UK.

There were only 329 Citigo's sold in Ireland last year, I reckon if they got the supply correct then they could manage a full replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

The Up and Citigo is a lot smaller (in the rear) than many other 1.0 cars. I suspect it will end up being significantly more expensive. Regardless of the optimism here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2qslnh2Fiw

Interior shown here. Basically the same as any rental Citigo/Mii/Up! that you have had the pleasure of driving before except with a dial for state of battery charge and Climate Control.

At this stage for any family there is no reason why the second car to be an Electric be it a Citigo or Corsa or ID3 or Model3 depending on how well to do that family is. Leasing one of these will be cheaper than running a second secondhand or new petrol/diesel car.

One of these would make it an excellent 1st car also (thinking the likes of my soon to be 18 yo daughter) and I suspect the performance has been toned down a bit to help with the insurance prices for this target group.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,961 ✭✭✭✭unkel

samih wrote: »
    One of these would make it an excellent 1st car also (thinking the likes of my soon to be 18 yo daughter)

Ha! So I wasn't the only one thinking that :) Would also prefer a Citigo over a Zoe (either too expensive or with battery lease)

Had a discussion with my girls and we decided that they don't need to learn to drive in a manual car. They'll be obsolete soon enough and they have no interest in classic cars

They've kept the performance at the exact same level as the current e-Up!.
    I'll be selling my e-Up! when the ID.3 comes out, part of me really hopes the Citigo-E is closer to €20,000 after grants!

• Advertisement

They've kept the performance at the exact same level as the current e-Up!.
    I'll be selling my e-Up! when the ID.3 comes out, part of me really hopes the Citigo-E is closer to €20,000 after grants!

Thought you said €16,000 for sure?

Why you hope for close to €20,000

At €16,000 I am buying one of these as 2nd car , it's practically free driving for me compared to my current Fabia

2000e fuel saving
    500e tax
    500-1000e maintenance

3,500e per year savings

Leaf etc at over €30,000 with same battey size are completely over priced in comparison

eCitigo will be the most popular commuter car in Ireland lol 😂

M7 be filled with them

Only thing

Will running this eCitigo at 120kmh for 150km a day be bad for the motor, under too much stress?

120 is very close to its top speed of 130

Advertisement