Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

A friend of mine just bought this. I’m lvl 500 (top lvl cap last time I was on).

I assume the game will scale to his level if I play through the campaign with him. I won’t be ridiculously overpowered will I?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Can't remember I played it with a friend but we leveled up together. In the first one you could rank up someone ludicrously quickly by being over leveled with them but they couldn't do much except cower in a corner. You might be better off starting a second character although you don't really need one, mule duties aside.

there's so much in here I'm fearful of. I keep saying it but Massive have had so many missteps I'm seriously worried with the changes. Playing again and remembered the self heal is the best skill (probably). At one time Massive changed how you used it and utterly broke it, you couldn't use it. It took months for them to listen to reason and put it back at which point everyone re-equipped it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I contacted PlayStation and they are aware of the issue and it's being investigated. Says to keep checking the store. Absolutely no rush in preordering so I'm sure it will get fixed by release.

Pre-order worked for me just there and I didn’t buy the digital version of the game originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

gimli2112 wrote: »

there's so much in here I'm fearful of. I keep saying it but Massive have had so many missteps I'm seriously worried with the changes. Playing again and remembered the self heal is the best skill (probably). At one time Massive changed how you used it and utterly broke it, you couldn't use it. It took months for them to listen to reason and put it back at which point everyone re-equipped it.

I'd just gotten my DTE to 99% :(, but I can see why they want to remove it, high rolls made the balance illogical.

• Advertisement

aye it's just been a staple for the last two games but it is odd that you kill the yellows easier than some purples
    It's not good that you can't transfer god rolls from old gear, that's one of those annoying tactics devs use to make you play more

• Registered Users Posts: 29,643 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Good laugh last night with deadly, Eoin and weiland. That invaded challenging mission was fairly hairy at times. Was a fun ol time but the loot was shocking, you wouldn't have wanted to be doing it solely to gear up.

I'll be on tonight for Kenly college. I gave it a quick go this morning and underestimated how chunky the content is, didn't even finish 1 area.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Good laugh last night with deadly, Eoin and weiland. That invaded challenging mission was fairly hairy at times. Was a fun ol time but the loot was shocking, you wouldn't have wanted to be doing it solely to gear up.

I'll be on tonight for Kenly college. I gave it a quick go this morning and underestimated how chunky the content is, didn't even finish 1 area.

Yeah expeditions are pretty long

Look forward to getting my hands on the Bighorn

https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/status/1232379737412075524?s=19

0010455975_20.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

At ye olde crafting table it says that completing a level 4 control point will unlock blueprints. I'm presuming that's just a random one and not all those that require level 4.

Clearing level 4 control points was a good way of gaining blueprints. At some point it stops or at least stopped giving them. It's how I got most of the gun attachment blueprints.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,319 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Not sure if this has been posted, but Division 2 Ultimate Edition is 17 euro on PSN Store

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

I see the sticky bomb is back??????

I may have to load this up again then.....

I always remember playing with some boardsies in the first one. We met a random group and there was loads of us waving, dancing and emoting like crazy. Suddenly a random agent appears on the roof. The first sticky bomb blast killed around six of us, I was running 250 yards up the road when he wiped out everyone else.
    I was never much good at PvP but you could make some really crazy builds.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

I always remember playing with some boardsies in the first one. We met a random group and there was loads of us waving, dancing and emoting like crazy. Suddenly a random agent appears on the roof. The first sticky bomb blast killed around six of us, I was running 250 yards up the road when he wiped out everyone else.
    I was never much good at PvP but you could make some really crazy builds.

That lad must of creamed himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

AEpwm4H.png

Striker is back boys!

Jesus H Christ, equips shotgun

Some great stuff here, I'm all in, preordering warlords tonight. Got 10 minutes there and used it sell/scrap all my gear, upgrade my bench to 500 and apply mods to my gear as i never fecking did that. Actually got my skill power up a bit.

Completely forgot, i wanted the teddy backpack keyring and i heard it's in kenly, must keep an eye out tonight.

Completely forgot, i wanted the teddy backpack keyring and i heard it's in kenly, must keep an eye out tonight.

I found it last night in the student union

• Advertisement

I found it last night in the student union

Bolooooooooxxxxx

Wait, is that the one we cleared already?

Got 10 minutes there and used it sell/scrap all my gear

The most dangerous thing you can do is trust a division dev. in the first one they had a horrible exotic called the ninja back pack, everyone deleted it and then they made it the most important gear in the game. In this one the Vector was godly so they murdernerfed it, everyone deleted it and they reinstated its godliness.
    the greatest loss you can suffer in a looter game is to delete something you shouldn't have

Bolooooooooxxxxx

Wait, is that the one we cleared already?

Nope, the one we gave up after dying

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Oh they can f**k off with their striker, that stupid set ended up homogenising the whole game. Of all the more interesting stuff they could have brought back and retooled.
    a horrible exotic called the ninja back pack

To be fair it's specific purpose had incredible value if you used it right. On more than one occasion it saved me from losing some god rolled loot.

RAv2V1x_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Gimli, ah i was just getting rid of all the crap anyway, nothing specifically for what the dev was saying. Plenty of space now to focus on level 30-40 stuff.

Eoin, nice one, will try pick it up tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Crap - should've hung around to be included in this photo.

Kenly was mental, enemies coming from everywhere.

Keyzer wrote: »
    Crap - should've hung around to be included in this photo.

Kenly was mental, enemies coming from everywhere.

Were you Optimus or Herr? Sorry, my head is brutal for boards/psn usernames.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Were you Optimus or Herr? Sorry, my head is brutal for boards/psn usernames.

Herr_Oxfagensoup

Advertisement