Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I really hope they won't Nerf AI. It's great. Yes it's hard and I die a lot, but it's fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I actually find the game getting easier as I move up the levels. I'm mid 20s now and dying is very rare, whereas 1-15 it was fairly common. I've seen this in pretty much any game that forces NPC auto-levelling, since enemy damage and health scales with your own as you level up the real advantage is in your added skills/perks/talents so it actually get easier imho as you accrue them. Especially when later levels mean you have a better handle on just how to work synergies with those skills. The game definitely does get more challenging but your ability to deal with it accelerates faster (again just imho).

Had some fantastic encounters free world last night, I barely bothered running any missions. Met my first Elite territory control and wasn't prepared for it at all, just a flood of gold running out a door at me, if it hadn't been for a random friendly patrol I think I would have been toast. Then found a few more and another random Elite supply run that hit right as I was working on NPCs to start a side mission, what I though would be a fairly predictable start to the mission ended up as a 10 min running firefight. Great stuff :).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Level 9 and was trying too matchmaking a level 12 main mission but it wouldn't let me do it, is this right?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Level 9 and was trying too matchmaking a level 12 main mission but it wouldn't let me do it, is this right?

should be ok, I think there's normalization in pve as well, I had a gs of 230ish and joined a 330

it's not just the turret that bugs out also seekers and drones, seems to be in my first (L1 slot). It's worked out cos I found the hive revive which seems to click in automatically except in the dz

PS clan ranked up when I completed a second stronghold, not sure if linked or not bit I'm having a celebratory sherry

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

@spear that would be my good self..i just saw the boards.ie clan so stuck my face in!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I dont think the AI is hard at all, im lvl 26 and died once so far all solo play.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    @spear that would be my good self..i just saw the boards.ie clan so stuck my face in!

Grand so, invite accepted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

I looked for the boards clan but couldn't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Rob2D wrote: »
    I looked for the boards clan but couldn't find it.

What platform are you on ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

What platform are you on ?

PC

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Rob2D wrote: »
    PC

It's called "Boards IE" with a tag of BIE.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Got the standard edition on PC,€48 on UPlay with the discount using points.

Shamefully my name on UPlay is El_Chorizo83,cant change it for some reason:P

Ill try join the clan if theres a spot going.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

I hadn't found the turret bug too much of an issue till this morning. It would happen once every hour or so to me whereas it's every time I drop it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

goon_magee wrote: »
    I hadn't found the turret bug too much of an issue till this morning. It would happen once every hour or so to me whereas it's every time I drop it today.

Yea it wasn't too much of an inconvenience for me until last night when it was me vs. 3 gold elites and neither my turret or health drone would hang around longer than 15 seconds!

Yea it wasn't too much of an inconvenience for me until last night when it was me vs. 3 gold elites and neither my turret or health drone would hang around longer than 15 seconds!

Nightmare. I'm almost thinking about holding off till the fix is ready, tis fairly frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Spear wrote: »
    It's called "Boards IE" with a tag of BIE.

I must join this evening.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Coyler

Spear wrote: »
    Grand so, invite accepted.

Keep a spot open for M4ylar. Just waiting for me key to arrive with my GPU upgrade.

Coyler wrote: »
    Keep a spot open for M4ylar. Just waiting for me key to arrive with my GPU upgrade.

We're only on 4 out of 50 spots used so far, there's no shortage.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Companion novel Broken Dawn is out now. Continues the story of April from last book New York collapse and ties in with the division 2. Apparently will have exclusive dlc within its pages but not sure how that works.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

The skills bug is pissing me off. Went onto the technical forums and its not listed as a known issue although its mentioned on the forum by other players so they aren't even working on a fix yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

superg wrote: »
    The skills bug is pissing me off. Went onto the technical forums and its not listed as a known issue although its mentioned on the forum by other players so they aren't even working on a fix yet.

It is listed in the known bugs section, https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2010054-The-Division-2-Known-Issues-Updated-March-17th .

Doesn't change the fact they are taking far too long to fix it. The same type of thing happened in Div1, and they should have fired their QA folks then but it looks like the same monkeys are still vetting release code.

Also if you can switch to skills that do not have durations attached. Right now I'm running the Chem-healer and Hive-reviver (just for my own death/insta revive) and they're not affected. But if you are on a new char you're kind screwed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Really enjoying it, and it's very well put together. Tough as nails at time as well.

Do you get any cosmetic items in game anymore? Or is it all in the shop? In the first game, i had loads of random items within the first hour or two.

Kiith wrote: »
    Really enjoying it, and it's very well put together. Tough as nails at time as well.

Do you get any cosmetic items in game anymore? Or is it all in the shop? In the first game, i had loads of random items within the first hour or two.

I'm 40 hours in and still finding new cosmetic items about the place randomly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    It is listed in the known bugs section, https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2010054-The-Division-2-Known-Issues-Updated-March-17th .

Doesn't change the fact they are taking far too long to fix it. The same type of thing happened in Div1, and they should have fired their QA folks then but it looks like the same monkeys are still vetting release code.

Also if you can switch to skills that do not have durations attached. Right now I'm running the Chem-healer and Hive-reviver (just for my own death/insta revive) and they're not affected. But if you are on a new char you're kind screwed.

Need to get the eyes checked! I read that and didn't see it.

Well, I'm gear score 425, time to sit and wait until they add WT5 and unlock the last stronghold.

They definitely aren't as common as TD1, I'm level 22 and have only found maybe 4 items. And they seem even more boring than TD1 as well IMO, definitely seems a move to push people towards the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

/ignores last 15 pages.

So its out for me today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I love the keychains you can find and then hang from your backpack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Jaysus boys the grind is real. Up to WT4 and sitting at GS445 and grinding like a mad man.....game is very very hard at the highest tier when the skills do not work they really need to sort this asap. No fun getting spanked when its not your fault.

If peeps are looking for a casual clan then the boys in S*O (Strategy Optional) have a clan up alot of them are maxed out already but a good few are only starting or mid game.....send me a PM or in game message and I had you up.

Advertisement