Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick paedophile ring: arrests made.

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

practically all Khmer are Buddhist.

A great bunch of lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

FutureGuy wrote: »
    And the fact this this has had zero coverage on the national broadcaster is a huge concern.
    vicwatson wrote: »
    And its even wayy down the list on the indo site for example, no media seems to be picking up and running with this story for some strange reason

They have nothing to report really. They can't go into detail in case they jeopardize the case or leave themselves open to a civil case.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

splinter65 wrote: »
    They were up close and personal with the Khmer Rouge too Zebra ....oh wait no they weren’t cos they are atheists...sorry...forget I spoke...

Are you denying the close relationship between the Roman Church and the Nazis?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Zebra3 wrote: »

I've no great love for the RCC in Ireland, but you're like a dog with a bone.

As yet, we don't know if any connection between this and the RCC, and they don't have the monopoly on child abuse.

So could you possibly give it a rest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

I would like to know to why it isnt being covered.

Can I have A PM too if anyone knows why.

Its absolutely horrific and bizarre to say the least that all suspects have been released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,312 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

tretorn wrote: »

Its absolutely horrific and bizarre to say the least that all suspects have been released.

This is entirely normal. The gardai will prepare a file and send it to the DPP. they will then be charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

tretorn wrote: »

It was covered in detail on RTE Radio yesterday morning. I see one of the papers mention one of the arrests was of a well known person in the community with ties to sport. Is this why people are assuming the coverage has been muted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

eviltwin wrote: »
    It was covered in detail on RTE Radio yesterday morning. I see one of the papers mention one of the arrests was of a well known person in the community with ties to sport. Is this why people are assuming the coverage has been muted?

I have just tuned into this thread as I was wondering why there has been no further details issued about the individuals involved (without obviously identifying them) such as "known to Gardaí", what work they do or some sort of non-identifying information about them. It has echoes of the Dun Laoghaire stabbing as, due to the rumours about who the suspect's father is, there is very little coverage on this case even though the kid has been in court approximately 4 times already but still remains in custody without any indication as to a trial date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

I heard that all the children of a well known but not well respected extended family were taken into care in recent months. I'd imagine that this is a massive case in terms of gathering evidence and disclosures from those poor children. Leave people to do their jobs now. We don't exactly need a detailed account of this heinous crime immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

eviltwin wrote: »

I think people used to think it was covered up because travellers. Not sure what they think now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Why is thread even open? Any speculation in here could potentially be considered as undermining the chances of a free and fair trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Why is thread even open? ....
    Because everything has been so utterly vague it couldn't be construed as impacting a trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,604 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Why is thread even open? Any speculation in here could potentially be considered as undermining the chances of a free and fair trial.

When charges are pressed I'm sure the mods will lock it up as per the rules.
    In the meantime, its to vague to be prejudicial.

Yes I am Zebra. Your trying to derail this thread because you definitely don’t like any discussion about children being abused by family members and friends of family.
    Your desperate to distract from the subject in hand and it was my mistake to engage with you, I see other posters have more sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Some here will know the IDs and someone may blab. I appreciate they could maliciously start a thread anyway but I'm not sure I'd want to give them an open thread to drop names into.

This is entirely normal. The gardai will prepare a file and send it to the DPP. they will then be charged.

If the DPP thinks there is enough evidence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Italy was allied was Nazi Germany during WW2 and there were German armies occupying Italy. Remember the time discovery of concentration camps was not immediately known to most of the world back then. Nazis are not paedophiles, they just had warped ideas of one race of people ( Aryan) being superior to everyone else that existed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod- Following some very strict rules laid down by the presiding judge in this case today we must lock this so we can check with our legal team. Please bear with us.

Here's a link to the judges comments.
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/judge-imposes-sweeping-reporting-restrictions-on-child-welfare-case-as-file-prepared-for-dpp-36680833.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement